You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

young guns this 1 u wanted

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
 6000.00 6000.00 118133.00
lfc1989 Big blind  12000.00 18000.00 218340.00
  Your hole cards

smartca627 All-in  52860.00 70860.00 0.00
texastom07 Call  52860.00 123720.00 193115.00
Fitz833 Fold     
biggunsme Fold     
lfc1989 Fold     
smartca627 Show
  • Q

texastom07 Show

Flop

Turn

River

texastom07 Win Two Pairs, 9s and 5s 123720

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I think you made right decision, if unopened i would shove but dont really like calling with 22, although someone did vs me last night i had AK and they held

dont be results orientated as although you would of won the hand you would have gone in miles behind
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: young guns this 1 u wanted:
    I think you made right decision, if unopened i would shove but dont really like calling with 22, although someone did vs me last night i had AK and they held dont be results orientated as although you would of won the hand you would have gone in miles behind
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    ok cheers fella for the input thought it was ryt but thought ad get critised for the fold
  • edited July 2011

I think you made right decision, if unopened i would shove but dont really like calling with 22, although someone did vs me last night i had AK and they held dont be results orientated as although you would of won the hand you would have gone in miles behind
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    J, could I ask do you mean at this stage in tourney & with these stacks?

Also, ( i prob should put this as a new discussion?) I sometimes don't know what to do with med/small pp say 99 down to 22. Is there an easy abc answer or is it dependant on situation?

Pad

• edited July 2011
    You have an all in and a call so likely your facing an overpair or at best 2 people with overcards so its not going to be profitable to call here

if its vs 1 person then its a bit tougher but likely a fold still as i would prefer to shove rather then call an all in with deuces
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: young guns this 1 u wanted : J, could I ask do you mean at this stage in tourney & with these stacks? Also, ( i prob should put this as a new discussion?) I sometimes don't know what to do with med/small pp say 99 down to 22. Is there an easy abc answer or is it dependant on situation? Pad
    Posted by Glenelg
    Its all based on stack sizes and blinds really matey, also with lower pp sometimes it depends whether you would prefer to gamble for a double or whether you feel you have an edge and you can find a better spot.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: young guns this 1 u wanted : Its all based on stack sizes and blinds really matey, also with lower pp sometimes it depends whether you would prefer to gamble for a double or whether you feel you have an edge and you can find a better spot.
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Pretty much what I thought. Ta
  • edited July 2011
    You have an all in and a call so likely your facing an overpair or at best 2 people with overcards so its not going to be profitable to call here if its vs 1 person then its a bit tougher but likely a fold still as i would prefer to shove rather then call an all in with deuces
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I think this has gotta depend on what you will have left behind in ure stack , if i have them at least doubled i call for sure , + head prizes ftw xxx
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: young guns this 1 u wanted : I think this has gotta depend on what you will have left behind in ure stack , if i have them at least doubled i call for sure , + head prizes ftw xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67

oh definate i was commenting on stacks in play rather then general ;) x
  • edited July 2011
    i think all hands are stack lead! yr postition is vital in this case. u are last to go and in view of your postition its best to let them sort it out between themselfs. as a call would have u pot committed allmost and im sure u would find a better postition to get yr chips in. as its plain to see from the action that u would need to hit and with only 2 outs i wouldnt fancy my chances. in the long run you will loose more times than win. calling all in preflop with 22. was the right move without any dout i think.  GOODFLOD GUNS