You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Nordea Masters / Canadian Open

edited July 2011 in Betting Chat

andersson hed £16 @ 13/8 top 20

andersson hed £2 e/w @ 33/1

r johnson £2 e/w/ @ 40/1

r karlsson £5 e/w @ 12/1

be lucky.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Well after all of last weeks excitment lets get back into the betting...

Dustin Johnson is a step above the rest this week, if he performs to what he can do and holds a few more putts than last week he will win this comfortable, if not then there are a lot that can challenge!

Robert Coles is on really good form, he is out at 80/1 and is great value 2 top 10's in his last 3 tournaments says it all.

Fredrik Andersson Hed is a strange player. He can be terrible for 1 round then shoot 62 the next day like he did a couple of weeks ago. He is often up there at the start of the weekend before slowly falling back, so I think he is a good bet for 1st round leader.

Dustin Johnson £10 to win @ 15/2
    Robert Coles £5 e/w @ 80/1
    Fredrik Andersson Hed £5 as 1st round leader @ 40/1

A lot of good Swedish golfers around at the moment, but I think Dustin is just too good if he plays to his best ability, and after a T2nd at the Open last week I think he will do that.

EDIT: I tried to do a double with Johnson + Andersson Hed but Skybet sucks and won't let me...:(
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Nordea Masters:
    Well after all of last weeks excitment lets get back into the betting... Dustin Johnson is a step above the rest this week, if he performs to what he can do and holds a few more putts than last week he will win this comfortable, if not then there are a lot that can challenge! Robert Coles is on really good form, he is out at 80/1 and is great value 2 top 10's in his last 3 tournaments says it all. Fredrik Andersson Hed is a strange player. He can be terrible for 1 round then shoot 62 the next day like he did a couple of weeks ago. He is often up there at the start of the weekend before slowly falling back, so I think he is a good bet for 1st round leader. Dustin Johnson £10 to win @ 15/2 Robert Coles £5 e/w @ 80/1 Fredrik Andersson Hed £5 as 1st round leader @ 40/1 A lot of good Swedish golfers around at the moment, but I think Dustin is just too good if he plays to his best ability, and after a T2nd at the Open last week I think he will do that. EDIT: I tried to do a double with Johnson + Andersson Hed but Skybet sucks and won't let me...:(
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Phoned up on my priority number and they placed it for me, about 350/1 they said so had £2 on that :)
  • edited July 2011
    Gonna back Rhys Davies @ about 50/1 and Rafeal Carera-Bello @ 80/1 couple of quid e/w both.
    Also think Donald looks a bit of a cert for the Canadian Open if not too burnt out.Had the weekend off at the open and came 3rd in this last year when not in as good form.Around 8/1 looks e/w bet to nothing,what you think flash know your a fan of his?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Nordea Masters:
    Gonna back Rhys Davies @ about 50/1 and Rafeal Carera-Bello @ 80/1 couple of quid e/w both. Also think Donald looks a bit of a cert for the Canadian Open if not too burnt out.Had the weekend off at the open and came 3rd in this last year when not in as good form.Around 8/1 looks e/w bet to nothing,what you think flash know your a fan of his?
    Posted by jackda
    I wouldn't bother with e/w. If he is 8/1 your better off just going for the win. He will be much calmer on day4 in contention of a tournie than anyone else.

Last week was really a 1 off comp, you can't really judge player form if they play badly as its so different to what they normally play
  • edited July 2011
    Forgot to put my Canadian bets actually....

I've gone for boring selections this week, no outsiders... Rickie Fowlers biggest problem is he bogies too many holes, he has no problem with birdies but just needs to conrol the leaks in his game. For him to only have 1 bogy in the final round of the open last week was very impressive. For that reason I have put £20 on him to win @ 16/1.

You can't bet against Donald at the moment, so £20 to win @ 8/1

Think I'll back Fowler to be round 1 leader as well... I'll do that later on today.
  • edited July 2011
    Forgot to put my Canadian bets actually.... I've gone for boring selections this week, no outsiders... Rickie Fowlers biggest problem is he bogies too many holes, he has no problem with birdies but just needs to conrol the leaks in his game. For him to only have 1 bogy in the final round of the open last week was very impressive. For that reason I have put £20 on him to win @ 16/1. You can't bet against Donald at the moment, so £20 to win @ 8/1 Think I'll back Fowler to be round 1 leader as well... I'll do that later on today.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    £10 e/w @ 20/1
  • edited July 2011
    Here are my bets....

The 3-Ball treble is for Alex Noren, Dustin Johnson and Jamie Donaldson to win their respective 3-Balls in Round 1.

EventPickOddsStake
    Nordea MastersAlex Noren25/1£2.50 e/w
    Nordea Masters3-Ball Treble15.38/1£5 win
    CanadianBen Crane 66/1£2.50 e/w
  • edited July 2011
    I,ve  gone with Anderson Hed £3 at 36/1  and A Wall for a value bet  £2.36 at 84/1

Can,t see past Luke Donald and decided to cut back as I was betting to many plyers in the Open and recent events although i,ve had a good year on the golf
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Nordea Masters : I wouldn't bother with e/w. If he is 8/1 your better off just going for the win. He will be much calmer on day4 in contention of a tournie than anyone else. Last week was really a 1 off comp, you can't really judge player form if they play badly as its so different to what they normally play
    Posted by FlashFlush
    yeah just backed him to win after all,then realised its a new course hes never played b4,oh well
  • edited July 2011
    TBH I don't really look at past form from the year before (maybe I should do) but a lot can change in a year, and I'd rather focus on who has been doing well the week or 2 before the event.
  • edited July 2011
    £10 on donald/kuchar win @ 9/2

£55 top 20 kuchar @ 8/11

be lucky.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Nordea Masters / Canadian Open:
    Here are my bets.... The 3-Ball treble is for Alex Noren, Dustin Johnson and Jamie Donaldson to win their respective 3-Balls in Round 1.   Event Pick Odds Stake Nordea Masters Alex Noren 25/1 £2.50 e/w Nordea Masters 3-Ball Treble 15.38/1 £5 win Canadian Ben Crane   66/1 £2.50 e/w
    Posted by splashies
    Good call splashie I like Noren will def bwe backing him probably ew double with Luke Donald.
  • edited July 2011
    Yeh Noren's tearing it up :)
  • edited July 2011
    what happened to kuchar?

when i checked last night he was -3 after 10 holes and tied 1st.

just looked now and he's 5 over and missing the cut.

unbelieveable collapse for a player of his quality.
  • edited July 2011
    Here are my bets.... The 3-Ball treble is for Alex Noren, Dustin Johnson and Jamie Donaldson to win their respective 3-Balls in Round 1.   Event Pick Odds Stake Nordea Masters Alex Noren 25/1 £2.50 e/w Nordea Masters 3-Ball Treble 15.38/1 £5 win Canadian Ben Crane   66/1 £2.50 e/w
    Posted by splashies
    n1 
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Nordea Masters / Canadian Open : n1 
    Posted by jackda
    Thanks!

Bit of a scare on the back 9 yesterday. Good job he had that 11 shot lead lol!
  • edited July 2011
    wd splashies, nice to see that someone won.

thought i might get something back with my andersson hed top 20 bet as he was tied 22nd after 3rd round and the completely useless wonker shot a 90 in the final round.

been a bad week.