You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Odd spot in dym?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
iBLUFF Small blind  150.00 150.00 1220.00
JohnConnor Big blind  300.00 450.00 1800.00
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

adil All-in  850.00 1300.00 0.00
saltamonte Fold     
iBLUFF ?? 
This was a turbo dym with 4 left, is this a call or fold? opponant seemed decent so i dont think hes shoving super light here.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    The other stack is around 1k?

If the opponent is decent I think that makes him more inclined to be light.

He's utg so the next 2 hands he's gona be forced to put 450 chips in the middle, this is his last chance to get it in first. 

Think I'm snapping this. Deffo gotta adjust your calling/shoving ranges in these, which obv allows for an edge until people realise this. Gunna lead to bigger swings but thats the game innit.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Odd spot in dym?:
    The other stack is around 1k? If the opponent is decent I think that makes him more inclined to be light. He's utg so the next 2 hands he's gona be forced to put 450 chips in the middle, this is his last chance to get it in first.  Think I'm snapping this. Deffo gotta adjust your calling/shoving ranges in these, which obv allows for an edge until people realise this. Gunna lead to bigger swings but thats the game innit.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Shovers stack is 800, so he will have 350 left after the blinds go through him.
  • edited July 2011
    The other stack is around 1k? If the opponent is decent I think that makes him more inclined to be light. He's utg so the next 2 hands he's gona be forced to put 450 chips in the middle, this is his last chance to get it in first.  Think I'm snapping this. Deffo gotta adjust your calling/shoving ranges in these, which obv allows for an edge until people realise this. Gunna lead to bigger swings but thats the game innit.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I make it about 1600? and I agree I'm calling.
  • edited July 2011
    I really can't remember how to play them it's been 4 days, lol, Maybe a call here is horrid.

I'd have to be in the game/watching the game to feel if it's a call or not but I think it is.

Gotta call and shove alot wider. He shoves any King and and Queen, or shud....so u have him dominated alot too.

Put me in the same spot with 5s or 6s and I hate my life :((((
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Odd spot in dym? : Other stack is 800, so he will have 350 left after the blinds go through him.
    Posted by iBLUFF
    Think Dohhhhhhh meant the guy who folded.
  • edited July 2011
    his range should be massive think i call.

These turbo DYM are horrible any how
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Odd spot in dym? : Think Dohhhhhhh meant the guy who folded.
    Posted by Glenelg
    Ah ye sorry JJ, he had around 2k