You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Be honest, how bad did i play this?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
he was min raising alot, he seemed like he didnt know how to use the slider bar, and just seemed bad tbh. How did i play this?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £18.73
iBLUFF Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £20.26
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

XCall  £0.10 £0.40 £18.63
iBLUFF Raise  £0.60 £1.00 £19.66
Raise  £1.20 £2.20 £17.43
iBLUFF Raise  £1.80 £4.00 £17.86
XRaise  £3.60 £7.60 £13.83
iBLUFF Call  £2.40 £10.00 £15.46
Flop

• J

iBLUFF Bet  £5.00 £15.00 £10.46
Raise  £10.00 £25.00 £3.83
iBLUFF All-in  £10.46 £35.46 £0.00
All-in  £3.83 £39.29 £0.00
iBLUFF Unmatched bet  £1.63 £37.66 £1.63
XShow
  • K
  • K

iBLUFF Show
  • A
  • J

Turn

• K

River

Win Three Kings £36.66  £36.66

Comments

• edited July 2011
    After he reraised you pre-flop i think you should have been weary of a better hand and just call, but once you've hit your jack on the flop it becomes much harder to put your opponent on an overpair.

I think you probably would have lost the lot anyway but i don't think AJ is good enough to re-reraise unless you know he is an extremely loose player.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Be honest, how bad did i play this?:
    After he reraised you pre-flop i think you should have been weary of a better hand and just call, but once you've hit your jack on the flop it becomes much harder to put your opponent on an overpair. I think you probably would have lost the lot anyway but i don't think AJ is good enough to re-reraise unless you know he is an extremely loose player.
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    He is verry loose.
  • edited July 2011
    Based on your reads i think the play is fine and once you hit your jack tptk it's hard to lay down.
    Note the raise sizes on your notes for him and use it to your advantage of folding decent hands against him if the pattern happens again.
    (Without your reads i would fold to the 4 bet pre)
  • edited July 2011
    Raise pre is fine, when he minreraises just call or fold DO NOT minraise him back lol.

But if you do which you shouldn't then FOLD when he raises again.

Flop is worst you could see but after preflop raising I wouldn't be super happy about getting it in.
  • edited July 2011
    really, really badly

when he min3bet you either fold, flat or 4bet bigger . Once you 4bet and he 5bets shove (unless your min 4bet was a bluff ,in which case its a terrible bluff, but if so fold). Imo dont 4bet here unless you are happy getting it in

Flop is a great flop for you so get it in, I would c/r though if I somehow get here this way
  • edited July 2011
    as played think you have to get it on flop / pre is bad, either fold to his 3-bet or make a significant 4-bet, don't like calling much either, youre never gonna be in good shape w/ AJo but if you think youre good with the reads you have atleast make a bigger raise with the intention of getting it in, i'd just fold to his 3bet tbh
  • edited July 2011
    really, really badly when he min3bet you either fold, flat or 4bet bigger . Once you 4bet and he 5bets shove (unless your min 4bet was a bluff ,in which case its a terrible bluff, but if so fold). Imo dont 4bet here unless you are happy getting it in Flop is a great flop for you so get it in, I would c/r though if I somehow get here this way
    Posted by grantorino
    lol thanks, I was actually pretty sure i was ahead pre with his limp to start with. dont ask me why i kept min raising i have no idea lol, on that flop i obv have to get it in but when he min 3bet me again i should of flated .
  • edited July 2011
    Fold AJ to a 3-bet pre. Its that simple. 

• edited July 2011
    Fold AJ to a 3-bet pre. Its that simple. 
    Posted by Rasiak
    Not HU.. AJ is massive HU he will be 3betting alot lighter.

And welcome :)