You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2011/2012 Top Goalscorer

edited September 2011 in The Football Corner
Just had £9.50 on Jermaine Defoe at 54/1 - Cracking price

Even he leaves Tottenhm it will be to get more gmes - Just hope he doesnt go abroad, but can,t see it

I think Hernandez t 8/1 is to short

Comments

• edited July 2011
    It's a big price & probably worth a dabble if he leaves the spuds but if he stays there I wouldn't touch it personally. I presume that price was from elsewhere as Sky have him @ 20/1.

At the moment I'm tempted by Suarez @ 14/1. He's had a few months to adapt to the English game & looked good whenever I saw him last season. 

If you want a real long shot for a quid or two then I'd stick it on Grant Holt @ 150/1 e/w. It's 1/4 odds for the first four places & Norwich will try & attack. Assuming he stays injury free I can see a lot of their goals coming from him.

There is one good thing about us being relegated though. I've never seen our pre season odds to be relegated so big! 
  • edited July 2011
    I think Robin Van Persie will be a good shout, especially if he stays injury free. He scored bag loads after he came back from injury last season. 10/1

Darren Bent will be up there. 14/1 is a good price

I'm also liking Jay's 150/1 e/w on holt.

Also depends what Man City do with Tevez, if he leaves then there could potentially a place for a new signing there to score a few.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: 2011/2012 Top Goalscorer:
    I think Robin Van Persie will be a good shout, especially if he stays injury free. He scored bag loads after he came back from injury last season. 10/1 Darren Bent will be up there. 14/1 is a good price I'm also liking Jay's 150/1 e/w on holt. Also depends what Man City do with Tevez, if he leaves then there could potentially a place for a new signing there to score a few.
    Posted by splashies
    Someone put up van persie last season (think it might have been silentbob) and  pointed out to them as i will to you. he will start like a rocket then pick up a muscular injury miss a couple of months and  then be in and out before finishing strong. he wont play until he feels hes 100% fit and if wenger trys to put him in before, to use a racing term the guy just pulls himself up.

agree about suarez but will hold my bets to see where aguero ends up because if its city or chelsea he WILL score 25+ goals next season. if its liverpool as is being widely rumoured in scouseland then that would put me off him or suarez
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to 2011/2012 Top Goalscorer:
    Just had £9.50 on Jermaine Defoe at 54/1 - Cracking price Even he leaves Tottenhm it will be to get more gmes - Just hope he doesnt go abroad, but can,t see it I think Hernandez t 8/1 is to short
    Posted by MP33
    defoe scored 2 league goals from open play last year,hes lost a yard of pace and still doesnt understand the offside rule.
    if he leaves spurs you have a chance if hes still there hes not going to get enough games as arry doesnt seem to fancy him with van der vart who understandable first choice
  • edited July 2011
    AGUERO IS 14/1 WITH SKY BET 11/1 ELSEWHERE GET ON HIM HE WILL BE HALF THAT WHEN HE STICKS 3 PAST SWANSEA FIRST GAME
  • edited July 2011
    Here are my top scorer bets for this season,
    Aguero 14/1 - Because he's top class and will dominate the prem once his City move goes through
    Torres 9/1 - I think he will get his form back this year and as long as he keeps his place from Drogba he should do well
    Ba 50/1 - He played well during his time at West Ham and as a Toon fan i expect him to do well this season 
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to 2011/2012 Top Goalscorer:
    Just had £9.50 on Jermaine Defoe at 54/1 - Cracking price Even he leaves Tottenhm it will be to get more gmes - Just hope he doesnt go abroad, but can,t see it I think Hernandez t 8/1 is to short
    Posted by MP33
    hes a great price because he wont win lol. andy caroll at 33/1 is my bet micky p
  • edited August 2011
    Anybody know the price on Stevie Fletcher?  We dont create many chances, but he always knows where the net is!! he was out for alot of our games last season, but when he came back, scored 11, with a strike rates of 1 goal per 3 shots!!!!
  • edited August 2011
    Anybody know the price on Stevie Fletcher?  We dont create many chances, but he always knows where the net is!! he was out for alot of our games last season, but when he came back, scored 11, with a strike rates of 1 goal per 3 shots!!!!
    Posted by FrankWWFC
    He's 100/1 on Sky (150's elsewhere)

• edited August 2011
    Hope rooney or torres as i ave them in my skysports fantasy football but more for rooney as i am a  man utd fan an I have rooney as my captain
  • edited August 2011
    I found this market an odd one to punt. Hernandez as the favourite I just can't be touching. Rooney could well be top scorer but I'd leave it a game or three to see which version of him is playing this season for United, even if it means he shortens a touch.

Aguero catches the eye in terms of imports and while there's no doubting he's a class act, we'll have to see how he settles in the Premiership. Dzeko arrived with a big reputation and a great goalscoring record, and Man City are almost spoiled for options up front, which might mean it takes a while for Mancini to get the best out of them all.

To me, Torres isn't the player who first turned up in Liverpool. I do think he's lost a yard of pace, much like Owen did when he came back from longterm injury. Yes he's a quality player and still has the speed to worry the likes of Ferdinand and Carragher, but will he cut it against some of the faster, stronger young defenders in the Premiership? I'm sure he will, but don't see any real value in the 9/1 on offer.

Of the Liverpool strikers, I think Carroll might be the way to go. With Downing coming in, they look like they'll try and play with some width this season which will suit Carroll's aerial skills. He's good with the ball on the deck too, so I think he's got to be worth a thought.

Of the outsiders, I think Odemwingie is an interesting bet at 50/1. He was banging them in for fun last year and is the sort of player who won't garner too much serious interest of the big sides. That means he keeps working hard and turning out performances. I'd stick a couple of quid on him and have Carroll as my main bet I think. Not that the prospect of betting on Liverpool thriving on a football pitch ever makes me feel too comfortable.

Oh, and what about Gervinho? If Arsenal play well, isn't he the kind of striker they've needed for some time now? Basically a Bendtner who can actually kick a ball...
  • edited August 2011
    I found this market an odd one to punt. Hernandez as the favourite I just can't be touching. Rooney could well be top scorer but I'd leave it a game or three to see which version of him is playing this season for United, even if it means he shortens a touch. Aguero catches the eye in terms of imports and while there's no doubting he's a class act, we'll have to see how he settles in the Premiership. Dzeko arrived with a big reputation and a great goalscoring record, and Man City are almost spoiled for options up front, which might mean it takes a while for Mancini to get the best out of them all. To me, Torres isn't the player who first turned up in Liverpool. I do think he's lost a yard of pace, much like Owen did when he came back from longterm injury. Yes he's a quality player and still has the speed to worry the likes of Ferdinand and Carragher, but will he cut it against some of the faster, stronger young defenders in the Premiership? I'm sure he will, but don't see any real value in the 9/1 on offer. Of the Liverpool strikers, I think Carroll might be the way to go. With Downing coming in, they look like they'll try and play with some width this season which will suit Carroll's aerial skills. He's good with the ball on the deck too, so I think he's got to be worth a thought. Of the outsiders, I think Odemwingie is an interesting bet at 50/1. He was banging them in for fun last year and is the sort of player who won't garner too much serious interest of the big sides. That means he keeps working hard and turning out performances. I'd stick a couple of quid on him and have Carroll as my main bet I think. Not that the prospect of betting on Liverpool thriving on a football pitch ever makes me feel too comfortable. Oh, and what about Gervinho? If Arsenal play well, isn't he the kind of striker they've needed for some time now? Basically a Bendtner who can actually kick a ball...
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    I have to disagree. Owen went through so many injuries, he was always going to suffer physically, I strongly believe Torres' lack of form with Chelsea is literally having trouble settling in, moving cities away from your family can't be easy! He now looks happy & settled at Chelsea and i'd personally be surprised if he doesn't make it into the top 3, the only problem I can see is the strong competition upfront, with Chelsea usually playing 1 up top, it'll be such a tough decision out of Drogba, Torres & even Sturridge is looking impressive! We'll have to wait and see, but all I care about is us regaining the title! (Yes, I'm a Chelsea fan lol) 

• edited August 2011
    AGUERO IS 14/1 WITH SKY BET 11/1 ELSEWHERE GET ON HIM HE WILL BE HALF THAT WHEN HE STICKS 3 PAST SWANSEA FIRST GAME
    Posted by BADBOY985
    SORRY he only got 2(in 25 mins) but would imagine his odds will be much shorter now
  • edited August 2011
    He's top scorer already after 25 mins aint he? :D   Utter class.
  • edited August 2011

5/1 IS NOW THE BEST PRICE YOU CAN GET

• edited August 2011
    In Response to 2011/2012 Top Goalscorer : hes a great price because he wont win lol. andy caroll at 33/1 is my bet micky p
    Posted by BARBIE59
    He,s gone in from 54,s to 33,s and he hasn,t started yet

Got a £5 on Andy Carrolll as well at 25/1  - Where did u get 33,s at barbie?

£2 on Dzeko at 49/1 before games started)

£4 on ballotelli at 45/1

and £3 on kenwyn Jones at 250/1  who scored after 4 mins of extra time - He is now 20,s  - When he mkoved from Sunderland last year it was to get 1st team starts and he was joint topscorere egtting them into europe and he plays down the middle pretty much on his own

Suarez and Auggero current favourites tho

did you have a bet on Holt Bob - just watched him - Nice goal
  • edited August 2011
    Here are my top scorer bets for this season, Aguero 14/1 - Because he's top class and will dominate the prem once his City move goes through Torres 9/1 - I think he will get his form back this year and as long as he keeps his place from Drogba he should do well Ba 50/1 - He played well during his time at West Ham and as a Toon fan i expect him to do well this season 
    Posted by BIGAL118

Can,t beleive he,s starting Torres instead of Drogba

Drogba can,t be happy
  • edited August 2011

After the first month there are currently 3 players under 6/1 , although there is no priuce for Mata yet . Anything around 10/1 would be worth a punt . I,m gonna try and find a price for him 

Augeurro
    Suarez
    Rooney

• edited August 2011
    After phoning Sky they couldn,t offer me a price on Mata as they don,t carry on the betting for topscorer after the season hs started, so insted I phoned up a well known betting ezxchange as I couldn,t see his name on there either.

They said they would look into it and have a price up within 10-15 ninutes

I,ve just been back to have a look and they,ve put him at 200.0 (199/1) so i,ve put the maximum £4 on . If i want to put any more on it is now 7/1

really hoping he stays fit now as this is one of the best value bets i think i,ve ever had
  • edited August 2011
    Not putting anymore bets on Topscorer s i think i,ve done enough now

If it gets toward the end of the season and its close I might bet on someone else but these are my bets so far  :

£5 on Andy Carrolll as well at 25/1  

£2 on Dzeko at           49/1 

£4 on Ballotelli at        45/1

£3 on kenwyn Jones at 250/1

£9.50 on Defoe at       54/1

£3 on Anelka at         69/1 

£3 on Crouch at        69/1

£4 on J Mata  at        199/1 
  • edited September 2011
    after his move to stoke Peter Crouch is looking good value at 80/1
    also Adebayor 33/1 could do really well at spurs 
  • edited September 2011