You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BLOGS! - III - We want you!

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat

Hi Everyone,

firstly i want to say a big thank you and well done to our current blogging team who have done a fantastic job and really added something different to the community in the last few weeks - if you havn't already, make sure you read their efforts...

As we approach November the time has come to start the search for the next batch of user bloggers.... (bit like X- factor this!)

for those who haven't seen before or those who need a quick refresh, i posted this about a month ago...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As hopefully you have all seen we have a fantastic blogs section in the community, with some great examples from tikay, Richard Orford and Michelle Orpe to name but a few.
This is all well and good but the true Sky Poker Community is all about YOU our users, so we have decided to open our loving blogging arms and invite some of you to write blogs and publish them on our site.

What you have to do
If you are interested in writing a blog and feel you could make at least one new entry every week for a month then just give me a shout on this thread. We will pick up to 4 people based on their community contribution so far and all of these 4 people will receive some cool rewards. We will also pick an overall winner at the end of August based on the popularity of the blog, number of comments and quality of the entries.

What to blog about?
You can blog about....just about... anything, that is the beauty of bloging. It could be poker themed, about your sports team, the weather or even your pet cat (just check out tikay's latest entry!). All we want are interesting blogs that our users will enjoy reading.

If this trial goes well then we will continue to do something similar every month.

Please post here if you are interested and we will make our selections in the next week or so.

To get some inspiration check out all our other blogs here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so who wants to play a major part in Sky Poker history and write blogs through the month of November?

we have the start of the exciting SPT in November so perhaps you could blog about the trails and tribulations of qualifying and preparing for the big day?

the current batch will have another couple of weeks to wind things down but i want to see who is interested and select a new batch in time for the 1st of November.

if you fancy a crack shout up this thread and i will announce who has been chosen in a week or so.

all the best guys...

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to BLOGS! - III - We want you!:
    Hi Everyone, firstly i want to say a big thank you and well done to our current blogging team who have done a fantastic job and really added something different to the community in the last few weeks - if you havn't already, make sure you read their efforts... As we approach November the time has come to start the search for the next batch of user bloggers.... (bit like X- factor this!) for those who haven't seen before or those who need a quick refresh, i posted this about a month ago... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ As hopefully you have all seen we have a fantastic blogs section in the community, with some great examples from tikay, Richard Orford and Michelle Orpe to name but a few. This is all well and good but the true Sky Poker Community is all about YOU our users, so we have decided to open our loving blogging arms and invite some of you to write blogs and publish them on our site. What you have to do If you are interested in writing a blog and feel you could make at least one new entry every week for a month then just give me a shout on this thread. We will pick up to 4 people based on their community contribution so far and all of these 4 people will receive some cool rewards. We will also pick an overall winner at the end of August based on the popularity of the blog, number of comments and quality of the entries. What to blog about? You can blog about....just about... anything, that is the beauty of bloging. It could be poker themed, about your sports team, the weather or even your pet cat (just check out tikay's latest entry!). All we want are interesting blogs that our users will enjoy reading. If this trial goes well then we will continue to do something similar every month. Please post here if you are interested and we will make our selections in the next week or so. To get some inspiration check out all our other blogs here ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ok so who wants to play a major part in Sky Poker history and write blogs through the month of November? we have the start of the exciting SPT in November so perhaps you could blog about the trails and tribulations of qualifying and preparing for the big day? the current batch will have another couple of weeks to wind things down but i want to see who is interested and select a new batch in time for the 1st of November. if you fancy a crack shout up this thread and i will announce who has been chosen in a week or so. all the best guys...
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich

Oi, thats my idea, not as nice as Fern either ;)

If I played enough poker live, I would have a go but thanks to the last bloggers they again were brilliant.
  • edited October 2009
    i'd be more than happy to have a go
  • edited October 2009
    I have to say I'd have a go at it.

My ramblings take a huge amount of forum space as it is, and I do seem to talk way too much anyway.

Sorry though, if you want a serious poker chat, Cols your man for that. I'd fall into the inane banter catagory as my live knowledge is currently next to nil.
  • edited October 2009
    hi rich i would like to have a go please,i promise not to bore with bad beats.....

tho did i mention my pocket aces in sunday's open..............

dave
  • edited October 2009
    hi Rich--put me down---you dont know where ive been--lol

ps. funny and entertaining is my speciality
  • edited October 2009
    Hello, I wouldn't mind 'aving a go. Not sure if I've made enough of a contribution up to press but I'll leave that to you to decide.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BLOGS! - III - We want you!:
    hi Rich--put me down---you dont know where ive been--lol ps. funny and entertaining is my speciality
    Posted by oynutter

Since when? .............small dog eh! Anyway you're too busy trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together again to write a blog. What are you gonna call them 'memoirs of a failed omelette chef'

On second thoughts you get my vote..........your blogs would be eggcellent. :)
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to BLOGS! - III - We want you!:
    Hi Everyone, firstly i want to say a big thank you and well done to our current blogging team who have done a fantastic job and really added something different to the community in the last few weeks - if you havn't already, make sure you read their efforts... As we approach November the time has come to start the search for the next batch of user bloggers.... (bit like X- factor this!) for those who haven't seen before or those who need a quick refresh, i posted this about a month ago... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ As hopefully you have all seen we have a fantastic blogs section in the community, with some great examples from tikay, Richard Orford and Michelle Orpe to name but a few. This is all well and good but the true Sky Poker Community is all about YOU our users, so we have decided to open our loving blogging arms and invite some of you to write blogs and publish them on our site. What you have to do If you are interested in writing a blog and feel you could make at least one new entry every week for a month then just give me a shout on this thread. We will pick up to 4 people based on their community contribution so far and all of these 4 people will receive some cool rewards. We will also pick an overall winner at the end of August based on the popularity of the blog, number of comments and quality of the entries. What to blog about? You can blog about....just about... anything, that is the beauty of bloging. It could be poker themed, about your sports team, the weather or even your pet cat (just check out tikay's latest entry!). All we want are interesting blogs that our users will enjoy reading. If this trial goes well then we will continue to do something similar every month. Please post here if you are interested and we will make our selections in the next week or so. To get some inspiration check out all our other blogs here ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ok so who wants to play a major part in Sky Poker history and write blogs through the month of November? we have the start of the exciting SPT in November so perhaps you could blog about the trails and tribulations of qualifying and preparing for the big day? the current batch will have another couple of weeks to wind things down but i want to see who is interested and select a new batch in time for the 1st of November. if you fancy a crack shout up this thread and i will announce who has been chosen in a week or so. all the best guys...
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Sky Rich

I say give oynutter a chance to shine.

Have you read his humpty dumpty blog in area 51?

Think he has a good comical writing talent........the Humpty blog I follow daily and never ceases to make me laugh.

He has also changed a great deal since I first met him on the tables........he is now a true gent......and an example to all players................Can't play poker though....lol....it's ok he will think that is funny.

He has also contributed very well to the community.

Pam xx
  • edited October 2009

I have to say oinutter is comical so he is a must

Also ive had the pleasure of meeting col alias mr_mbro and he is a truely kind well regarded chap and is very good at his game so would love him to get the chance to put accross his poker views but i must say gl to you all.

• edited October 2009
    OOPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And daveyzz,
  • edited October 2009
    Good luck everyone, it probably helps you play better poker!

I personally would love to read about the activities of Pokerbcity but he rarely plays on here now I think.

SkyRich needs to do an 'insiders blog' one of these days too.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to BLOGS! - III - We want you! : Hi Sky Rich I say give oynutter a chance to shine. Have you read his humpty dumpty blog in area 51? Think he has a good comical writing talent........the Humpty blog I follow daily and never ceases to make me laugh. He has also changed a great deal since I first met him on the tables........he is now a true gent......and an example to all players................Can't play poker though....lol....it's ok he will think that is funny. He has also contributed very well to the community. Pam xx
    Posted by tiggerace7

oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

nutterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

defo for blogs

and maybe for prime minister

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BLOGS! - III - We want you! : oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy nutterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr defo for blogs and maybe for prime minister
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    I thought he already HAD that job
  • edited October 2009
    i think  pam [ tiggeraces7 ] would have a nice pleasant blog ,

she is a great pr person for sky,

she give a great  wellcome to new players ,

and a lady respected by all .
  • edited October 2009
    i think  pam [ tiggeraces7 ] would have a nice pleasant blog ,  she is a great pr person for sky, she give a great  wellcome to new players , and a lady respected by all .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Pam is always very sociable at the tables and what about you Rover? You are a prime candidate as well.

Dave
  • edited October 2009
    Hi All

Thank you Irish that was very sweeet.
    Thank you Solar xx

We could well do with a blogg from Irish ....the luck of......
    It's just that Oynutter always makes me laugh.................I think he has a talent, as I have said before.

Richard Orford has the talent as well....................when he said in one of his bloggs how he dealt with his holiday it was just so funny..... Big Blind & Little Blind  and launching the restaurant table had me in fits of laughter.

Whilst writing this Oynutter could do with your support for poor old Humpty........he keeps telling me not to worry,but I am working on a solution and think I am nearly there!!!!!!! Hopefullt by tommorrow I will have put my chips in place.........It has become a worldwide problem,and has been woofed at.

Pam XX 
  • edited October 2009
    Hi rich, i like 2 back oynutter for top job of bloggin, a real gent and a proper funny 1. He not 2 bad at poker either
  • edited October 2009
    Hi rich, i like 2 back oynutter for top job of bloggin, a real gent and a proper funny 1. He not 2 bad at poker either
    Posted by Ozzie08
    plus 1
  • edited October 2009
    Oy I want a nutter, man for the job
  • edited October 2009
    +1 on the suggestions so far.

Can I also add Flutnush into the mix? He's a very witty writer who has tons of poker experiences to draw on.

Don't know if he's up for it or not but I know his blogs would be highly entertaining.
  • edited October 2009

Get Mere Novice to do a Blog.

Job done.
  • edited October 2009
    Get Mere Novice to do a Blog. Job done.
    Posted by tikay1
    Aw thanks Tikay, that's very kind of you.
    I think my efforts would send most people to sleep, though.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BLOGS! - III - We want you! : Aw thanks Tikay, that's very kind of you. I think my efforts would send most people to sleep, though.
    Posted by MereNovice
    I dunno, mate.

All of your posts are well constructed and balanced.

Come on, throw your hat in the ring.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BLOGS! - III - We want you! : I dunno, mate. All of your posts are well constructed and balanced. Come on, throw your hat in the ring.
    Posted by Hale72
    There you go - do it, Mere!

Your Blogs would be E+E, where E = Entertaining & E = Educational.

Few players on Sky Poker have a better grasp of the fundamentals of poker than you.

What's more, you are a credit to the Sky Poker Community, with your advice to newbies, explanation of odds, & the way you Rail the Players in Tourneys & Finals.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BLOGS! - III - We want you! : There you go - do it, Mere! Your Blogs would be E+E, where E = Entertaining & E = Educational. Few players on Sky Poker have a better grasp of the fundamentals of poker than you. What's more, you are a credit to the Sky Poker Community, with your advice to newbies, explanation of odds, & the way you Rail the Players in Tourneys & Finals.
    Posted by Tikay10
    please dont grasp him by the fundamentals - it brings a tear to the eyes and donkey wouldnt like that lol
  • edited October 2009

You'll only end up with the RSPCA knocking your door!

• edited October 2009
    thanks for all the interest guys, i'll give this thread another couple of days then announce who has been chosen.

so....do you fancy writing a blog for the Sky Poker community?!