You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

not a rant

edited July 2011 in Area 51
after deciding i was far too tired to play poker last night..I dragged myself wearily to bed...but since my wife was snoring heavily...(which in her defence...she probably wasn't...a pin drop is expolosive when your this tired)..however the exhaustion induced paranoia led to more fear of death by aforementioned "knicker elastic" so armed with my stronger and much improved gameplay i rose and entered a tourney..then quickly another..lol....and bombed out of this too...with the sound of the mighty dohs "how can you take this guy seriously"...ringing louder than quasimodo's dinner bell in my ears.  Not overly worried..bar tha cash loss..as at least I could pinpoint the faults...i.e. me...lol..  Third one much better..though sitting long time without feasible playing cards...and slapped on the wrist when I tried to steal perceived weak hands...I finally bowed out with a board flopping 2 3 4 of clubs to my 10 5...but caught with pocket k 9 of same.   Though was delighted to have played well...as in two occassions i would have pushed all in post-flop..but didn't..and both times was caught..but still playing....Though sometimes i feel i could have took more chips from pots...i will no longer be pushing all my chips in when there is potential to get beat on turn or river...unless to induce a fold...This advice could have came from many quarters...but it didn't it came from doh...and credit where  credit is due as it's not the first time i've acted on such.  However valuble here...I shouldn't have been playing...in the immortal words of the dude..the duder...and your dudeness..."I just dropped in..to see what condition my condition was in".

Much refreshed today..and will now play for a few days...before coming back to this fantastic forum...and giving an honest opinion of how i perceive my adapted play has proved....and even if I play badly...i'll return...and lie through my teeth...lol....but at least i'm being honest about it...AVE

Comments

• edited July 2011
    if you are infront when you are pushing and they catch 1 of onle a couple of card, how can that be bad play..

if you set your stall out early and show them hands..(use thise facility) and they will know you have the hands you are betting...

either that or they are just dont watch the game..

i myself have had a bad run of late . played badly in some games and won.  played well and won.. played well and lost...

but the annoying thing is when they do call from behind and catch that 1 card out of 2 on the river...

you can do nothing about that.. if you always let hands get to the river their is more chance that the other players will win.. they have more cards to play ...
  • edited July 2011
    "The Raisers Edge"
  • edited July 2011
    I woke up this morning with the sun out shining in
    I found my mind in a brown paper bag but then
    I tripped on a cloud and fell eight miles high
    I tore my mind on a jagged sky
    I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in

Mine and Jimi Hendrix's favourite song.
  • edited July 2011
    I
    n Response to Re: not a rant:
    I woke up this morning with the sun out shining in I found my mind in a brown paper bag but then I tripped on a cloud and fell eight miles high I tore my mind on a jagged sky I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in Mine and Jimi Hendrix's favourite song.
    Posted by yuranASSet
    brilliant...thks for the info yuranasset
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: not a rant:
    if you are infront when you are pushing and they catch 1 of onle a couple of card, how can that be bad play.. if you set your stall out early and show them hands..(use thise facility) and they will know you have the hands you are betting... either that or they are just dont watch the game.. i myself have had a bad run of late . played badly in some games and won.  played well and won.. played well and lost... but the annoying thing is when they do call from behind and catch that 1 card out of 2 on the river... you can do nothing about that.. if you always let hands get to the river their is more chance that the other players will win.. they have more cards to play ...
    Posted by bigal36903
    yup..point taken...but on some occasions your all in may not be enough to shift larger stack of pot...even when behind
  • edited July 2011
    "The Raisers Edge"
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    as in if they hit me then make the fold?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: not a rant : as in if they hit me then make the fold?
    Posted by edge215
    is it feasible to call hands such as 10 3..7 2 unsuited etc even to a small raise..and no following players?..as it can be gut wrenching when they fill a few times...(though i dont usually...and dont uaually let it annoy me...as if u called them all your tourneys would br much shorter
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: not a rant : is it feasible to call hands such as 10 3..7 2 unsuited etc even to a small raise..and no following players?..as it can be gut wrenching when they fill a few times...(though i dont usually...and dont uaually let it annoy me...as if u called them all your tourneys would br much shorter
    Posted by edge215
    Dunt do it!

You can raise with them if you want.....

Remember betting and raising is better than calling, because it gives us 2 ways to win, either at showdown if we have the best hand, or when our opponent folds! 

2 chances of winning is better than 1! ;)
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: not a rant : is it feasible to call hands such as 10 3..7 2 unsuited etc even to a small raise..and no following players?..as it can be gut wrenching when they fill a few times...(though i dont usually...and dont uaually let it annoy me...as if u called them all your tourneys would br much shorter
    Posted by edge215

i am sorry to say, there is nothing worse in poker that a flat call on the blinds. you see it all the time...

you either have a good hand or a bad hand . you see the whole table flat calling (family pots). if one person raises then they take the rubbish cards out of the equation(SUPPOSEDLY)...

I try not to flat call any one, when they flat call me i raise to see what they have...
  • edited July 2011
    i here what you are saying bigal, but i remember dohhh saying recently about flatting being very powerful and only just working this out. maybe he can elaborate on this plz.
  • edited July 2011
    i dont like to flat call, thats my opinion, u dont know where u stand
  • edited July 2011
    Posted by bigal36903
    ofc its  best to sometimes call. Playing poker never calling would be really bad. Raising is not always better than calling, in fact quite often its not
  • edited July 2011
    Posted by bigal36903
    I like this
  • edited July 2011
    if you are infront when you are pushing and they catch 1 of onle a couple of card, how can that be bad play.. if you set your stall out early and show them hands..(use thise facility) and they will know you have the hands you are betting... either that or they are just dont watch the game.. i myself have had a bad run of late . played badly in some games and won.  played well and won.. played well and lost... but the annoying thing is when they do call from behind and catch that 1 card out of 2 on the river... you can do nothing about that.. if you always let hands get to the river their is more chance that the other players will win.. they have more cards to play ...
    Posted by bigal36903
    Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait... wait so you've played badly and won... but not played badly and lost??? That sounds like good luck to me :P
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: not a rant : Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait... wait so you've played badly and won... but not played badly and lost??? That sounds like good luck to me :P
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    you know what i mean poker. u have been at the tables and seen how it falls for me. i think it is even rubbing off on you, they luck you have had lately...

play bad lost
    play bad won.
    play good won
    play good lose.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: not a rant : you know what i mean poker. u have been at the tables and seen how it falls for me. i think it is even rubbing off on you, they luck you have had lately... play bad lost play bad won. play good won play good lose.
    Posted by bigal36903
    Yeh, it's been SO bad this week... It's strange you had that 1 day of pretty good luck... and then straight away both of ours hit rock bottom again lol