You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

oooh dear

edited July 2011 in Area 51
OOOOh   dear!

Could things get any worse?.    Quarter past four  A..(bloody)..M fri 22nd…think its November  by looking out window… but who knows?....I’m an awful insomniac…and I believe it is mainly down to worry…i.e. I’m so worried about not getting to sleep at night…that I can’t get to sleep at night.

Started betting  yesterday with hefty £40 bet on Neil Robertson…world champion ozzy Australian snooker world champ playing…in ozzy Australian snooker cup….the endearing welsh baritone Dominic Dale played well…but when Neil put him in a snooker at four each…(1st to five) in which he failed to escape…I thought…”good snooker” game over…as if he failed to escape first time..he would obviously have trouble trying again….Steve Davis wouldn’t have left his seat…but Neil..being a snooker expert decided to miss a shot instead….still no damage…he soon ended up with only pink and black left…and Dominic needing a snooker….(IT’S RIGGED)…he missed the pink completely…and obviously him and Barry Hearn and the world in general…(as in..general.. adi.. doctor.. phd ..rocket scientist..mel Gibson..and king of Scotland dada)..all conspired to get my forty squid.   I failed miserable to retrieve this at the dart…and berated myself for betting on daytime darts…as the lack of ambiance with the crowd seems to affect the arrows of most.   @$$%* complainer…so I put it behind me and entered the 5:05 pm (thurs) bounty hunter on sky.

I don’t like playing during the day…as the kids need dinners of various description and then need individually neglected in different ways…also since I discovered alcohol in the late 70’s I was still catching up with many great films I’d missed over the next decade…the up side of this being…I’d also missed all that awful 80’s music…eh! Who would have figured that I could be so lucky..lucky lucky lucky ..but I stuck on a badly downloaded copy of harry potter..and entered the 5:05 bounty hunter…and I only mention this because I had a bit of extra moral support…(thanks doh…always play better under pressure…lol)

First hand was raised to one hundred and me and another called…My hand 5 6…7 5 7 flopped..and the initial raiser bet a hundred..next called…and since I reasoned there was no 7…I bet 300 and stole the pot…decided to continue aggressively and for the most part dominated this table…well into the first hour..the guy to my immediate left got sick of it…and begun to all in continuously on ????...so I dug in and stopped playing if not willing to follow up…eventually he lost half his stack with a king five.???...and soon after lost the other half to me with ace five against my ace king.  Was playing very well.   Another hand of interest was my 6 8 dias  a guy to my left all inned 212 chips two others followed..and on this occasion I felt my stack was large enough to take a loss this size…and I was getting 3/1…so I call..and cheered inwardly as both 6 and 8 flopped unsuited with a dead 3…I pushed in half the pot and caught one of those bounty chasers while the other folded…Q turned and I doubled the pot…inducing a fold rather than taking any chances of higher two pair or trips…or perhaps getting a call and ann even larger pot….quite nice.

Then the mate called…to say he’s no “mister wobbley” is a huge understatement…for one he doesn’t fit on my computer desk…for 2..i’ve never lasted more than ten mins with his hot male breath on the back of my neck… Disgusted..i bombed out in in eighth..from what I felt was a winning position..but at least I managed to spill the rest of my tea over him on the way to the kitchen…”Thank god that wasn’t scaulding”..he said…so I went for a refill.

Didn’t play again till later…about a bottle and a half of vodka later…indeed in the 2.15am deepstack…I didn’t realise until near 2:30 that I had accidently minimised the screen.    The first hand I saw was two pair…which was impossible considering there hadn’t been a flop yet…but I give myself a shake and eventually final tabled..before getting put out with pocket nines…strange hand…my pocket nines….heads up with one other player…who betted preflop…then bet another thousand when 7 4 2 flopped….feeling in a strong position I reraised…and he all inned…I wouldn’t have wanted this..but figured I had him dominated…his ace king won to a river king.     Since there was not much in the way of tourneys left I went to a cash table with low funds…  Another strange hand dismissed me from this….My pocket k j  one other player left bet £1.50..I called…the flop 9 K 9..The other play betted another £1.50… (neither of were largely funded)…The £1.50 I think you’ll did not signify a nine…and I felt he was weak..so push all in to try and win pot…..he called…with guess what…a pair of threes??????....he won with a turn three and I nearly choke on my polomint.

The reason why I tell these hands…is to highlight another truth…yes I was disappointed..yes I was looking for a cat to kick..and yes I had wasted my last polo….but it would have been idiotic of me to assume that hands such as these are fixed..(even under the influence as I was)…as under no circumstances could I ever have won these hands since if I had of had either the ace king…or the two threes.  I would have made the fold.   My cards weren’t unlucky…I run in to abysmal calls that simply lucked out.

Looks like freerolls for me then lol…..Ave

Comments