You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DODGY SOFTWARE

edited July 2011 in Area 51
It amazes me that this and all the sites can get away with the DODGY software. In the cash games it will usually allow the low stack to win so he stays in and creates more rake for the site.
But what has p*****d me off is that constantly over the years i have seen time and time again in all games   the software runs at a consistant speed and then when it gets near to the pay out the software starts to slow and search for cards to miraculously change things, ok sometimes this is for you but more often than not its against you. ITS just TOO suspicious and not normal.
But people will say why would it do this, well its not difficult to work out lol.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Their software is indeed dodgy if it cant find the card to beat you in milliseconds
  • edited July 2011
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE:
    Their software is indeed dodgy if it cant find the card to beat you in milliseconds
    Posted by grantorino
    Exactly , nail on head xx
  • edited July 2011
    he's only got one thing on his mind....

dirty man :P
  • edited July 2011
    he's only got one thing on his mind.... dirty man :P
    Posted by splashies
    Lol.

Can't say in all of my time on the cash tables here that it favours the low stacks.
  • edited July 2011
    Posted by grantorino
    To be fair none of us know exactly what sort of computer system Sky operate - it could be one that was built over 60 years ago.

• edited July 2011
    The hands are determand before the hands begin, tbh tho you did make me laugh with that image in my head. " oh here is 1MINDMAN lets find one of the two outs that he loses too"

Lol grow up.

p.s You think the sofware is dodgy but yet your still playing on the site? lolololollol
  • edited July 2011
    He's blaming ALL the sites not just Sky Poker. I'm tempted to look him up on Sharkscope but I think I know already what I will find.
  • edited July 2011
    The hands are determand before the hands begin, tbh tho you did make me laugh with that image in my head. " oh here is 1MINDMAN lets find one of the two outs that he loses too" Lol grow up. p.s You think the sofware is dodgy but yet your still playing on the site? lolololollol
    Posted by iBLUFF
    when i started on this site i was playing £50 sit n goes not like you muppets, and i was doing well as sharkscope will show.. without changiung my game or anything it started to turn very suspiciously. But obviously these sites prey on people like you and good luck. But dont think they want YOU to win they are designed for THEM to win.
  • edited July 2011
    He's blaming ALL the sites not just Sky Poker. I'm tempted to look him up on Sharkscope but I think I know already what I will find.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    when i started on this site i was playing £50 sit n goes not like you muppets, and i was doing well as sharkscope will show.. without changiung my game or anything it started to turn very suspiciously. But obviously these sites prey on people like you and good luck. But dont think they want YOU to win they are designed for THEM to win.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE : Lol. Can't say in all of my time on the cash tables here that it favours the low stacks.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Well maybe your awareness is like your IQ
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE : when i started on this site i was playing £50 sit n goes not like you muppets, and i was doing well as sharkscope will show.. without changiung my game or anything it started to turn very suspiciously. But obviously these sites prey on people like you and good luck. But dont think they want YOU to win they are designed for THEM to win.
    Posted by 1MINDMAN
    Maybe you were running good at first, now you're running bad?

Your results long term will give a more accurate reflection of how good you are....

According to skope you've played 2.5k games, enough to make a decent judgement, at least alot more than looking at individual periods of 100/200 games in isolation.

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE : when i started on this site i was playing £50 sit n goes not like you muppets, and i was doing well as sharkscope will show.. without changiung my game or anything it started to turn very suspiciously. But obviously these sites prey on people like you and good luck. But dont think they want YOU to win they are designed for THEM to win.
    Posted by 1MINDMAN

you will find a lot of people will not agree with any criticism of the rng or the way a site will use it. some will debate this with you, others will just try to make you look silly. only time will tell if sites are manipulating games or not. so have your say while we have a forum that's your right good luck
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE :                            you will find a lot of people will not agree with any criticism of the rng or the way a site will use it. some will debate this with you, others will just try to make you look silly. only time will tell if sites are manipulating games or not. so have your say while we have a forum that's your right good luck
    Posted by drumahai05
    Ty and its good that someone like yourself can answer/respond sensibly, maybe they just havent had the same 10-11yrs expierence that i have.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE : To be fair none of us know exactly what sort of computer system Sky operate - it could be one that was built over 60 years ago.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    lol
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE :                            you will find a lot of people will not agree with any criticism of the rng or the way a site will use it. some will debate this with you, others will just try to make you look silly. only time will tell if sites are manipulating games or not. so have your say while we have a forum that's your right good luck
    Posted by drumahai05
    how much time is needed,is 10 years and billions of hands not long enough?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE : how much time is needed,is 10 years and billions not long enough?
    Posted by DAVEYZZ

there we go again, the blind followers...

everything is possible.  the software could be wrong, many ppl have noticed before that sometimes it can take 5 seconds for the river card to come.. and normally it goes the way of the person who was losing big time...

you say the all the hands are pre loaded, they know / the rng knows what cards are coming next..

can we see a hand history of the hands where there is only a flop and see what 2 cards are going to follow..

this aswell as the hands that are played in full will show if u should chase like an idiot for that one card..

it must be able to be seen as the hands are already chosen(you state) by the rng..

so random is not random, if it has already chosen the cards...

• edited July 2011
    If the hands are preloaded then the theory about the "pause" whilst the rng "looks" for the river card is nonsense.

Loads of contradictions in A51. Some say the big stack always wins, others say the short stack always wins.

Conclusion - U're all bonkers.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE : there we go again, the blind followers... everything is possible.  the software could be wrong, many ppl have noticed before that sometimes it can take 5 seconds for the river card to come.. and normally it goes the way of the person who was losing big time... you say the all the hands are pre loaded, they know / the rng knows what cards are coming next.. can we see a hand history of the hands where there is only a flop and see what 2 cards are going to follow.. this aswell as the hands that are played in full will show if u should chase like an idiot for that one card.. it must be able to be seen as the hands are already chosen(you state) by the rng.. so random is not random, if it has already chosen the cards...
    Posted by bigal36903
    all you say here could be true or not(imo not)......

but the guy said time will tell so i asked how much time is needed for proof of rigging as after ten years and billions of hands there is still no proof...

cheers,dave

ps..the way sky's rng works is the flop,turn,and river are "dealt" at the beginning so the flop is always going to be xxx the turn x and river x no matter when you press call,bet fold etc.unlike most site where the cards are"plucked out of the air" when action ensues...
  • edited July 2011
    what is it with all these profile pics with guys with thier man b**bs out.
    This site is just getting soooooo gay.Young gun will be along in a minute
    with his 36DDs.I suppose i should be thankful dohhhhh hasn't got his out
    (now that would put me off my dinner)...

• edited July 2011
    If the hands are preloaded then the theory about the "pause" whilst the rng "looks" for the river card is nonsense. Loads of contradictions in A51. Some say the big stack always wins, others say the short stack always wins. Conclusion - U're all bonkers.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

You will always get contradictions any time you argue about any topic, the trick is to pick out the ones that are relevant. what you don't do is throw the baby out with the bath water.
                  there are a lot of people in area 51 who do not believe the game is a true random game of poker.when i say random i mean using the live game as a generic bench mark.
    FACT all hands are created and have an ID number to prove it.
    These hands mimic the real game no problem with that. the software knows the different possible outcomes, no problem with that, why because the out come can be random by the way players bet. this is the only reason i still play online poker. 
    the problem for most players is they try to play abc poker ie always raise the limp.
    top cards. always get all your chips in.
    what i am trying to say is they play a predicable game.
    this is were random becomes area 51 winger and a opportunity for others to make fun and to criticize
      once again i will say i do not believe sky is rigged.everything they do i would guarantee is legal and within the regulations.
      its the regulations that are the problem, and until we all have free access to them the accusation that online poker is rigged will continue
    NOW i will descend to a level some will better understand all online poker is random and anybody who says different is bonkers. very naive statement, or at best blind faith. lol or are they just bonkers. if so you are welcome to join us in area 51` with a place on the team 51 waiting list
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE : all you say here could be true or not(imo not)...... but the guy said time will tell so i asked how much time is needed for proof of rigging as after ten years and billions of hands there is still no proof... cheers,dave ps..the way sky's rng works is the flop,turn,and river are "dealt" at the beginning so the flop is always going to be xxx the turn x and river x no matter when you press call,bet fold etc.unlike most site where the cards are"plucked out of the air" when action ensues...
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    How do you know this information  ? and IF you are correct why does Sky operate a different system to other sites. What also amazes me is that when we see on telly hands that have been played it PROVES that someone can break into the software and veiw it, so at what point is it that this can be done because logically its possible at any time ? lets see you answer that lol
  • edited July 2011
    what is it with all these profile pics with guys with thier man b**bs out. This site is just getting soooooo gay.Young gun will be along in a minute with his 36DDs.I suppose i should be thankful dohhhhh hasn't got his out (now that would put me off my dinner)...
    Posted by igimc
    LOL you would like to look that good,
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE : How do you know this information  ? and IF you are correct why does Sky operate a different system to other sites. What also amazes me is that when we see on telly hands that have been played it PROVES that someone can break into the software and veiw it, so at what point is it that this can be done because logically its possible at any time ? lets see you answer that lol
    Posted by 1MINDMAN
    Sky_Peter confirmed it in his post at the top of this forum

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE : Sky_Peter confirmed it in his post at the top of this forum
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    WHERE ???
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE : WHERE ???
    Posted by 1MINDMAN
    At the top of this forum - the 'sticky' thread Welcome To Area 51
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE : How do you know this information  ? and IF you are correct why does Sky operate a different system to other sites. What also amazes me is that when we see on telly hands that have been played it PROVES that someone can break into the software and veiw it, so at what point is it that this can be done because logically its possible at any time ? lets see you answer that lol
    Posted by 1MINDMAN

This is called 'GOD' mode and can only be accessed after the hands have been played...also they have no ability to see the turn and river before anyone else...

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE : Maybe you were running good at first, now you're running bad? Your results long term will give a more accurate reflection of how good you are.... According to skope you've played 2.5k games, enough to make a decent judgement, at least alot more than looking at individual periods of 100/200 games in isolation.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

This guy is such at know it all, be surprised if he is old enough to post on the site

boring kidz ftw
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE : This guy is such at know it all, be surprised if he is old enough to post on the site boring kidz ftw
    Posted by rabbiteyes
    lollz
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: DODGY SOFTWARE : How do you know this information  ? and IF you are correct why does Sky operate a different system to other sites. What also amazes me is that when we see on telly hands that have been played it PROVES that someone can break into the softwareand veiw it, so at what point is it that this can be done because logically its possible at any time ? lets see you answer that lol
    Posted by 1MINDMAN
    i know this information because i like to know what im paying my money for and how these things work...sky have put up threads explaining how the cards are dealt on numerous occasions but after a while most probably cant be bothered.

the point you are making about hands being shown is correct...there have been ex employees of a site that still had the ability to view hole cards
    (a superuser) and eventually he got caught(too greedy).
    but even if that was the case on a poker site the user would only be able to play a certain amount of hands.And while it is cheating it is not a rigged rng/fixed cards.
    I can not see the guys in the tv studio watching hands for tv whilst also playing those hands and seeing hole cards then acting on them...can you?

gl,dave