You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU hyper turbo facing random turn shove.

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic

More play in these than most people think....

So far games been really tight, neither of us calling to play pots OOP until now. I've raised every button but it's only been 4/5...

No post flop reads at all.

--------------------------------------------------

$3.40+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20)

Table '417787106 1' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: robustianoma (520 in chips) 
Seat 2: copps18xxx (480 in chips) 
copps18xxx: posts small blind 10
robustianoma: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to copps18xxx [5c 7c]
copps18xxx: raises 20 to 40
robustianoma: calls 20
*** FLOP *** [8h 5s 8d]
robustianoma: checks 
copps18xxx: bets 44
robustianoma: calls 44
*** TURN *** [8h 5s 8d] [4s]
robustianoma: bets 436 and is all-in
copps18xxx:

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I dont think he shoves turn with a 8 as hes losing so much value by doing that, only hand i can put him on that were losing to is 67, maybe a better 5? I dont put him on overpair as think he just shoves pre with any PP, ermmm.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: HU hyper turbo facing random turn shove.:
    I dont think he shoves turn with a 8 as hes losing so much value by doing that, only hand i can put him on that were losing to is 67, maybe a better 5? I dont put him on overpair as think he just shoves pre with any PP, ermmm.
    Posted by iBLUFF
    If you don't think he shoves trips, 888, he wont shove a straight either?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: HU hyper turbo facing random turn shove. : If you don't think he shoves trips, 888, he wont shove a straight either?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I know thats what makes it confusing lol ,  i just dont think hes does this with anything were losing too apart from maybe better 5?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to HU hyper turbo facing random turn shove.:
    More play in these than most people think.... So far games been really tight, neither of us calling to play pots OOP until now. I've raised every button but it's only been 4/5... No post flop reads at all. -------------------------------------------------- $3.40+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) Table '417787106 1' 2-max Seat #2 is the button Seat 1: robustianoma (520 in chips)  Seat 2: copps18xxx (480 in chips)  copps18xxx: posts small blind 10 robustianoma: posts big blind 20 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to copps18xxx [5c 7c] copps18xxx: raises 20 to 40 robustianoma: calls 20 *** FLOP *** [8h 5s 8d] robustianoma: checks  copps18xxx: bets 44 robustianoma: calls 44 *** TURN *** [8h 5s 8d] [4s] robustianoma: bets 436 and is all-in copps18xxx:
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOL yeah, right! 
    I probz call and be disappointed about the fact he binked his flush on the river
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to HU hyper turbo facing random turn shove. : LOL yeah, right!  I probz call and be disappointed about the fact he binked his flush on the river
    Posted by percival09
    You get 8 minutes play before the average stack drops below 10xbb!!!

Thats alot of hands.....

I wish they were faster!!! :):):)
  • edited July 2011
    I'm folding. I think this can be an 8 sometimes, or a straight, its going to be pretty marginal call at best imo and you have plenty of chips left
  • ybyb
    edited July 2011
    lol stop p1ssing about with these and play proper poker!
  • edited July 2011
    lol stop p1ssing about with these and play proper poker!
    Posted by yb
    You can't get a proper poker session in the time it takes them to have drinks at the test match !!!

Proper poker's too hard anyway.
  • edited July 2011
    agree yb, man up jj and lose proper money playing proper poker like me :-)
  • edited July 2011
    How much better is the rake on the other site!

Maybe sky should take notice!