You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

call or fold?????

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic

He snap called the flop and down to my notes i had him as a bad player so i did put him on a draw but is this the correct fold early in a tournament or should i sigh call???

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxxxxx Small blind  10.00 10.00 1990.00
emerson01 Big blind  20.00 30.00 4190.00
  Your hole cards

simonr85 Fold     
Batkin88 Raise  80.00 110.00 2040.00
takemymone Fold     
xxxxxxxx Call  70.00 180.00 1920.00
emerson01 Call  60.00 240.00 4130.00
Flop

xxxxxx Check     
emerson01 Check     
Batkin88 Bet  180.00 420.00 1860.00
xxxxxx Call  180.00 600.00 1740.00
emerson01 Fold     
Turn

xxxxx Check     
Batkin88 Check     
River

xxxxx Bet  600.00 1200.00 1140.00
Batkin88 ????     

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I call unless you have a read on his sizing. I also bet turn for value
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: call or fold?????:
    I call unless you have a read on his sizing. I also bet turn for value
    Posted by grantorino
    I disagree , i dont see what your beating that bets the river? every draw gets there, now i prob call. but you should fold imo.
  • edited July 2011
    i would bet around 350-400 on the turn, as played i would sigh then call
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: call or fold????? : I disagree , i dont see what your beating that bets the river? every draw gets there, now i prob call. but you should fold imo.
    Posted by iBLUFF
    How does every draw get there? He doesnt have to have a draw. We have top set and our hand looks like A high. I snap this, the fact some draws got there is the only reason Im not raising and getting it in
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: call or fold????? : How does every draw get there? He doesnt have to have a draw. We have top set and our hand looks like A high. I snap this, the fact some draws got there is the only reason Im not raising and getting it in
    Posted by grantorino
    Ye, but what kind of hands would be do this with? ok so maybe we only have a few hands to be aware of but its  a high possibilty he has one of them imo.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: call or fold????? : Ye, but what kind of hands would be do this with? ok so maybe we only have a few hands to be aware of but its  a high possibilty he has one of them imo.
    Posted by iBLUFF
    He doesnt look that strong there to me. He c/c, checks turn, bets river against what looks like a hand that missed cbets and gives up. The sizing is big alright, but i have no idea what his standard sizing is.

He can do this with bluffs, all the sets ,98 ,other 2p if in his range ,9x (not many of these though), also 8x and stuff like 77 because he is bad as well as all the hands which beat us
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: call or fold????? : He doesnt look that strong there to me. He c/c, checks turn, bets river against what looks like a hand that missed cbets and gives up. The sizing is big alright, but i have no idea what his standard sizing is.  He can do this with bluffs, all the sets ,98 ,other 2p if in his range ,9x (not many of these though), also 8x and stuff like 77 because he is bad as well as all the hands which beat us
    Posted by grantorino
    Maybe were just looking at it the wrong way:P look like flush to me ,pos QJs?
  • edited July 2011
    i have to agree with grantorino here bluff, as much as it looks like the villain has hit his flush you still have to call imo. the villain could just be sticking in a pot sized bet on the river because he sensed what he thought was weakness from batkins check on the turn. folding a hand as strong as a set every time there is a flush possibility on the board is surely - ev?????
  • edited July 2011
    Definate call for me aswell, dont really like it but there is no way i can fold there as we also beat alot of hands he can be betting with and like waller says if he smells weakness from the check he could be doing it with atc.

Jenny
  • edited July 2011
    its top set and you call on this board (so i was told last week). esp after you showing weakness on turn to induce the bet on river.

• edited July 2011
    Hmm guess i am wrong then, but i still fold.
  • edited July 2011

I'd be calling here as well.  How did it pan out?

• edited July 2011
    i folded as too early in tournament to make this call i felt.
    I did go onto come 2nd so not too bad but no idea what he had
  • edited July 2011
    i folded as too early in tournament to make this call i felt. I did go onto come 2nd so not too bad but no idea what he had
    Posted by Batkin88
    Twas a good call then? Altho, with an early du you mighta came 1st! ;-)

Pad
  • edited July 2011
    meh i prob jus bet the turn, if we get shipped on our equity aint that bad

as played our hand is so under repped that i dnt think we can eva fold the river
  • edited July 2011

I think that from his point of view with the bet on the end he can only get called by a set or a flush (which a lot of the time would have bet the turn for value) so it’s worth a steal at the end. Since you have one of those, it’s a call from me.

• edited July 2011

But then on second thoughts, it was early and was it worth the risk. I can see why folding is ok.

• edited July 2011
    Yeah that is why i made the fold the blinds where increasing after hand and as i hadn't committed much to the pot i just didn't see the need to make the call as i could steal a couple of blinds and be back in the same posistion as before the hand.
    Still bugs me tho i really want to know what he had
  • edited July 2011
    a good player could be looking to steal with pretty much any 2 after the checked turn

a bad player probably has a hand
  • edited July 2011
    ez call really