You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad beat? Or was betting to blame?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Bounty Hunter, 200 runners, lying 30/60, 30 get paid.

Villain had been nicking blinds. Had waited a few orbits for a decent hand and as blinds were about to increase thought i'd go to the races! Reasonably pleased to see AJ.  Reckoned I was ahead till turn! lol

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
oozecookin Small blind  150.00 150.00 1522.50
Big blind  300.00 450.00 6627.50
  Your hole cards

ianp Fold     
Glenelg Raise  600.00 1050.00 3865.00
fnxpoker Fold     
harding10 Fold     
oozecookin Fold     
Raise  900.00 1950.00 5727.50
Glenelg All-in  3865.00 5815.00 0.00
Call  3265.00 9080.00 2462.50
Show
  • J
  • A

Glenelg Show

Flop

Turn

• J

River

• A

Win Two Pairs, Aces and Jacks 9080.00  11542.50

Comments

• edited July 2011
    you could have just open shoved but you played it fine
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Bad beat? Or was betting to blame?:
    you could have just open shoved but you played it fine
    Posted by percival09
    Think I'd have open shoved there on that table unless you're prepared to lay down TT against multiple villains. Fnxpoker could easily have called or re-raised a min raise with atc, and there's a short stack to act as well.

Losing a race against one villain is just part of the game, but you could easily have been racing against 3 and you wouldn't want that with TT.
  • edited July 2011
    Snap shove pre.
  • edited July 2011

If you want to race then shove it in pre but your going to lose the majority of the time in a bh as you will only get called by overcards or bigger PP's. I would prefer calling the min rasie and shoving anyflop that way your taking down the hands your getting AJ AQ AK to fold and your getting 20% - 30% stack increase.

Also you have a very playable stack so no reason to start racing yet

• edited July 2011
    If you want to race then shove it in pre but your going to lose the majority of the time in a bh as you will only get called by overcards or bigger PP's. I would prefer calling the min rasie and shoving anyflop that way your taking down the hands your getting AJ AQ AK to fold and your getting 20% - 30% stack increase. Also you have a very playable stack so no reason to start racing yet
    Posted by Batkin88

You are taking the P right ?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Bad beat? Or was betting to blame? : You are taking the P right ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    lol!

Pad to win tournament's you've gotta win flips.

You'll play hundreds of tournaments that end this way, it's just how it goes.

Hand is played fine by you, totally standard.

• edited July 2011
    Standard. Shove probably gets through. But you want a double up to get back in it so its a 'well played' from me.
  • edited July 2011

Thx guys/gals for all replies. 
    Did consider open shoving but wanted to see if V would try & steal again.  Think I need to remain unemotional when Villains steal blinds and make my decisions for the RIGHT reasons as an open shove would have gotten through.
    pad

No doubt ther'll be another hand to post this evening! lol

• edited July 2011
    When/If you do post again try and leave out the result so here for example cut it off at the point you go all in. This also helps you think about it because at that point you know the move is correct as folding to minreraise would be terribad.
  • edited July 2011
    When/If you do post again try and leave out the result so here for example cut it off at the point you go all in. This also helps you think about it because at that point you know the move is correct as folding to minreraise would be terribad.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Willdo