You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bigger tables?

Im pretty new to sky poker, ive played on most other sites and find sky better in many differing areas. BUT the downfall, for me personally is the few 9 or 10 player tables.

Sky (generally, im aware of the top class players on this site that i see on TV) has a community of newer poker players, my point being, why is it the only site that consists of mainly 6 player tables?

6 handed is a harder form of poker, as you guys and your experts will know. You have to  more important decisions more often, 

So generally this doesn't make sense, i would like to see alot more 9 handed tables, especially in your bigger tournements. I've read the Primo is struggling as of late, maybe this could be a fix?

Regards,
Johnny.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Bigger tables?:
    Im pretty new to sky poker, ive played on most other sites and find sky better in many differing areas. BUT the downfall, for me personally is the few 9 or 10 player tables. Sky (generally, im aware of the top class players on this site that i see on TV) has a community of newer poker players, my point being, why is it the only site that consists of mainly 6 player tables? 6 handed is a harder form of poker, as you guys and your experts will know. You have to  more important decisions more often,  So generally this doesn't make sense, i would like to see alot more 9 handed tables, especially in your bigger tournements. I've read the Primo is struggling as of late, maybe this could be a fix? Regards, Johnny.
    Posted by jonniew201
    10 handed tables are incredibly boring as you have to wait longer because better hands are needed.
  • edited July 2011
    Sky HAS tried 10 handed tables but after a while most players deserted them and went back to the 6 handed ones.
  • edited July 2011

For me the 6max tourneys are a big attraction to the site

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Bigger tables?:
    For me the 6max tourneys are a big attraction to the site
    Posted by grantorino
     I agree, i only joined Sky poker last night because only a very few
    tourneys have ad ons and rebuys (hate them) and six to a table works
    well of me.  
  • edited August 2011
    I started playing quite a few years ago on a different site and all the tourney tables were 10 handed, i liked them and I think they are good practice for if you play live.
    I do prefer 6 max for cash though, so in my opinion 6max for cash and 9/10 handed tables for tourneys
  • edited August 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

The table numbers will remain as they are for the forseeable future, after some research of our own.

We regularly review the performance of our tables though, so if anything is worth changing, we will do!

Cheers,
    Jordan