You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can Leeds go down this season?

We have released a few and dont seem to have replaced them with any quality. Simon Grayson likes the loan market but the word on the grapevine is that we are skint again. Could be a good price.

Interested to hear some outsiders views. 

Thanks!

Comments

• edited July 2011

I've backed them for promotion @ 5/1 !!!!!

• edited July 2011
    I hope you go down tbh, but I would say that seeing as i'm from South Yorkshire.

I reckon you will be mid table though.

• edited July 2011
    I voted mid table but tbh I think you're capable of grabbing a play off spot. I've a mate who's a Leeds fan & like him I can't work out what's going on there. Grayson's too good a manager to take you down but until Bates sorts his life out I can't see you making it back to the prem either.

I'm also keeping an eye on the situation with Gradel. I know we've had an offer knocked back but he needs to be tied down pretty soon if you're to get anything for him. 
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Can Leeds go down this season?:
    I've backed them for promotion @ 5/1 !!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Sounds a bit skinny that 5/1 DOHHHHHHH! Rather you than me. I think i'd want at the very least 10/1 to think its a nice bet.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Can Leeds go down this season?:
    I voted mid table but tbh I think you're capable of grabbing a play off spot. I've a mate who's a Leeds fan & like him I can't work out what's going on there. Grayson's too good a manager to take you down but until Bates sorts his life out I can't see you making it back to the prem either. I'm also keeping an eye on the situation with Gradel. I know we've had an offer knocked back but he needs to be tied down pretty soon if you're to get anything for him. 
    Posted by silentbob

I think at best we might squeeze in to the top 10 with maybe a play-off place if we hit somesort of form towards the back end of the season. Grayson is a decent manager but he relies on loanees too much, probably has to due to the fact that Bates wants the money skimming off the top to feed debt owed from the administration process a few years ago. 

Wasnt long ago that we were told that we were looking at building a young squad which would be the foundation for future success. Now we seem to be replacing young hungry players with ageing has beens. When that happened a few years ago we were relegated.

As for Gradel, he has turned down the chance of a move when there were a few Premier League clubs interested so i dont think he will turn up at West Ham this season. Would take a decent bid to prise him away, but everyone has got a price when Bates is in charge.

• edited July 2011
    I'm really worried mate to be honest and think there's a distinct possibility we will be in a relegation battle. What improvments have been made to one of the worst defences in the league last season? Howson and Michael Brown in CM?? PPfffffffft. Grayson needs to get hs finger out. Yeah he does rely on loanees too much which wouldn't be so bad if they were any good.

17th.
  • edited July 2011
    Have faith in larry lads, got 2 yound defenders who should make the step up tom lees and ben parker just signed lonergan from preston soild keeper also got some good expeience at the back, 2 forwards out for so could do with a loan there expect a slow start but a good fiish ill tip 6th place MOT LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS
  • edited July 2011
    I think we overachieved last season and we are weaker now than last season. Could struggle, especially with no fit strikers of any note to start with. Once the rot sets in its hard to drag yourselves out of it.

Tickets gone up again, no investment in the squad again. Very poor from the club! No ambition.