You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

welcome back to NL4 don. No where did your memory go

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok the below hand.

Note to that YES im shorting. I have 2BIs in my account and wanted to play 3-4 tables there for i played for £1.60 on each.

Now to the hand. 88 pre. Now usually at this level i stack. But with 2 opponents still to act my desision is made harder. In honesty my mind blanked.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
aSmall blind  £0.02 £0.02 £7.03
xBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.48
  Your hole cards

The_Don90 Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £2.43
cCall  £0.20 £0.46 £1.47
pokerace29 Fold     
aCall  £0.18 £0.64 £6.85
xAll-in  £1.48 £2.12 £0.00
The_Don90 Fold

Comments

• edited July 2011
  • edited July 2011
    Agree on the fold , why oh why are you even playing cash at this level if ure not rolled ??
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: welcome back to NL4 don. No where did your memory go:
    Agree on the fold , why oh why are you even playing cash at this level if ure not rolled ??
    Posted by debdobs_67
    your not rolled for anything with £8!!
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: welcome back to NL4 don. No where did your memory go : your not rolled for anything with £8!!
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    Exactly , 30p dym's ftw ;))
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: welcome back to NL4 don. No where did your memory go : Exactly , 30p dym's ftw ;))
    Posted by debdobs_67
    you'd be better  of pressing the purple tab next to the sky vegas one!

After the DYM challenge about people not being and to win very often and with the massive rake its just not worth your time and effort.

The £2.20 DS prob the best place to go - or chuck it all on black and close your eyes!
  • edited July 2011
    Still reckon u'd be better off 2 tabling £4 than 4 tabling £1.60, no point trying to manage an un-manageable bankroll, might as well just give yourself the best chance of building it.

You're probably gonna go broke either way.

I'd just limp with ur stack.
  • edited July 2011
    88 UTG I like the 5x raise and when shoved on its a simple fold.

In terms of longterm IMO you have to play with 100 bb's, purely for the fact that when you get AA/KK or hit a set you're gonna be crying when you don't get the full double up which will happen a lot at this level.

So with 2 BI's it has to be two tables but tbh I'd rather just do 1 and wait till I have say 4 BI's. The lowest BR I have started with at NL4 was £19 and I never went broke but this was playing where if I lost 1/2 a BI I'd stand up and take a break, but obvz that's a terribad way to play as when you get badbeat for instance you HAVE to stay at the table and will bleed the fish given time.

For you though I'd wait till you can put down say £40-50 then have a go as that way you can play your game withput worrying about going broke. ;)
  • edited July 2011
    i don't like 5x'n 88 utg. esp if ur going to fold 2 the ship
  • edited July 2011
    i did fold.

The only reason i posted this (i folded btw) i havent played NL4 in such a long time. Im in the process of transfering my BR across from another site. But wanted to be used to NL4 again before  started with it again.

My mind here just couldnt remember what i used to do in this spot.