You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

tell me..... why?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
kyp1961 Small blind  100.00 100.00 10820.00
hurst05 Big blind  200.00 300.00 4015.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

robyoung Raise  600.00 900.00 9975.00
brady007 Fold     
Brownie586 Fold     
jdan24 Fold     
kyp1961 All-in  10820.00 11720.00 0.00
hurst05 Fold     
robyoung All-in  9975.00 21695.00 0.00
kyp1961 Unmatched bet  345.00 21350.00 345.00
kyp1961 Show
  • K

robyoung Show
  • Q
  • Q

Flop

• J
  • K

Turn

• K

River

• J

kyp1961 Win Full House, Kings and Jacks 21350.00  21695.00
To build up a stack and have this happen is very annoying, what was he thinking with hes reshove here? Id been playing tight aggressive so there was no indication that i was raising weak. I even considered folding preflop. People like this shouldnt be aloud to play poker lol

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Mods do ya thing. :)
  • edited July 2011
    Well he has ya well covered ;))))) was it a bounty hunter??
  • edited July 2011
    Its a squeeze play gone wrong from his point of view, until he binks the K.

He's big stack, fancies taking you on thinking he can make you fold and take a nice little pot in the process. Your just unlucky in this particular hand. I'd want to be all in with QQ vs K5 every hand, but you have to expect him to bink the K every now and again. Over time this is a winning play for your Q's, dont be too results orientated.

If you saw his hand face up when he shoved, would you have folded your hand?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: tell me..... why?:
    Its a squeeze play gone wrong from his point of view, until he binks the K. He's big stack, fancies taking you on thinking he can make you fold and take a nice little pot in the process. Your just unlucky in this particular hand. I'd want to be all in with QQ vs K5 every hand, but you have to expect him to bink the K every now and again. Over time this is a winning play for your Q's, dont be too results orientated. If you saw his hand face up when he shoved, would you have folded your hand?
    Posted by DrSharp
    Don't even try and stick up for villain lol! shoving 50BB as a squeeze play to win about 3BB against an UTG raiser is not particularly good in any situation
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: tell me..... why?:
    In Response to Re: tell me..... why? : Don't even try and stick up for villain lol! shoving 50BB as a squeeze play to win about 3BB against an UTG raiser is not particularly good in any situation
    Posted by percival09

Not sticking up for villain at all! Never once did i say it was good play but i have seen it done before quite a few times. I was just stating thats what he was trying to do.

• edited July 2011
    it was a tsp, and thats what i mean, if he squeeze played he could of just reraised, he had overs 50 bbs, a shove was a bit extreme