You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Roller...

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
If you've seen this on TV last night, please dont give away Supersnedd's hand.

Flop - re-raise or just call hoping he double barrels?
River ???
any other comments!
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
PeteLTFC Small blind   400.00 400.00 63746.88
SUPERSNEDD Big blind   800.00 1200.00 25096.25
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q

GELDY Fold        
Codex Raise   1600.00 2800.00 34581.52
PeteLTFC Fold        
SUPERSNEDD Call   800.00 3600.00 24296.25
Flop

• A
  • K

SUPERSNEDD Bet   1800.00 5400.00 22496.25
Codex Call   1800.00 7200.00 32781.52
Turn

SUPERSNEDD Check        
Codex Bet   4000.00 11200.00 28781.52
SUPERSNEDD Call   4000.00 15200.00 18496.25
River

SUPERSNEDD Bet   3200.00 18400.00 15296.25

Comments

• edited July 2011
    looks like a blocker bet, think i go ahead and raise
  • edited July 2011
    ok, but does he call the raise with hands i beat?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Roller...:
    Posted by Codex
    This^, i think snedd is good enough to fold AK,AQ,AJ if you raise here so not sure what kind of hands will call you.
  • edited July 2011
    I raise flop, bet bigger turn and flat river because he is def good enough to fold top 2 etc and only getting called if he beats you
  • edited July 2011
    Definitely raise flop for value

Bet turn bigger to set up river shove

As played I prob flat, not sure though
  • edited July 2011
    Raise flop, bet turn, shove river win moniez.
  • edited July 2011
    Posted by Codex
    I was just about to post my thoughts when I re-read the hand. I haven't seen the hand on TV so I've no idea what he has here.

Seeing as the river has brought in a possible flush I think I lean towards flatting here. I think he could easily have something like AQ/AJ clubs. I think stacks play a part here too. If you make any sort of meaningful raise then you may as well put him all in which is over half your stack. Had it been any other suit fall on the river then I think I'm just getting it in & hoping he calls.
  • edited July 2011
    Raise flop defo as flush draw

Bet more turn

as played i would just flat

PS- i have not seen hand so could be way off
  • edited July 2011
    Looks like AK or ace T so flush is out of the question as he has hit 2 pair on the board so i wold shove turn but your not getting called to a reraise on river so might aswell shove and hope or just call not seen hand but he is slowplaying you here so i think he has 2 pair
  • edited July 2011
    as played, i'd have to say im pretty comfortable with a call on the river - i just dont see him calling with weaker hands so there is no value in raising - against a weak player, maybe re-raise river but what do you do vs a shove

the flop, the thing is i don't want to close the hand down, i want to maximise return
    the concern with the re-raise is that he gives up right there - i'm assuming he has something to bet into me and obviously hope he double barrels but with this board i think its possible to get away from a weaker holding with so many hands and draws that could beat him

the check on the turn he could easily be giving up on the hand so i dont want to price him out there

bear in mind, you only get about 15 seconds to decide - im thinking about how much to bet the flop when he bets into me!

on reflection, i think a re-raise is better, not only because of the flush draws but he could hold AQ or AJ and have a draw to the same straight to

btw, he has KT - no flush
  • edited July 2011
    as played, i'd have to say im pretty comfortable with a call on the river - i just dont see him calling with weaker hands so there is no value in raising - against a weak player, maybe re-raise river but what do you do vs a shove the flop, the thing is i don't want to close the hand down, i want to maximise return the concern with the re-raise is that he gives up right there - i'm assuming he has something to bet into me and obviously hope he double barrels but with this board i think its possible to get away from a weaker holding with so many hands and draws that could beat him the check on the turn he could easily be giving up on the hand so i dont want to price him out there bear in mind, you only get about 15 seconds to decide - im thinking about how much to bet the flop when he bets into me! on reflection, i think a re-raise is better, not only because of the flush draws but he could hold AQ or AJ and have a draw to the same straight to btw, he has KT - no flush
    Posted by Codex
    raise the flop you might get your whole stack in.

So you flatted the river bet?
  • edited July 2011
    sorry, yeah i called the river
  • edited July 2011
    as played, i'd have to say im pretty comfortable with a call on the river - i just dont see him calling with weaker hands so there is no value in raising - against a weak player, maybe re-raise river but what do you do vs a shove the flop, the thing is i don't want to close the hand down, i want to maximise return the concern with the re-raise is that he gives up right there - i'm assuming he has something to bet into me and obviously hope he double barrels but with this board i think its possible to get away from a weaker holding with so many hands and draws that could beat him the check on the turn he could easily be giving up on the hand so i dont want to price him out there bear in mind, you only get about 15 seconds to decide - im thinking about how much to bet the flop when he bets into me! on reflection, i think a re-raise is better, not only because of the flush draws but he could hold AQ or AJ and have a draw to the same straight to btw, he has KT - no flush
    Posted by Codex
    The problem is, hes too good imo to call  a raise with AQ, AJ on the river he made a good blocker bet, so i think the flat is the best.