You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Question

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Having previously found it difficult to play the early..and then the middle stages of tourneys...I am now finding it difficult to play the latter...Q1 is this progress...(still skint)...the big blinds..cause panic...and the constant all inners pressurise my checking...maybe i should finish the book...though any advise would be gratefulyl accepted

Comments

• edited July 2011
    it really depends on stack sizes - yours and others

for example - if people to act after you have 10-15 BB - dont raise unless you are prepared to call an all-in from those stacks

if you yourself are in that range and below - dont raise unless you are calling a shove or just shove yourself - if you are going to put all your chips in regardless, you may as well do it first as have the other guy try to push you off the pot - the only tricky part here is the cut-off between normal raising and shoving - decide how many BB that is for you, above that number you raise, below you shove

really avoid letting yourself get down to 5 or 6 bb before shoving because people will call you with any 2
    you need a stack size that people will fold out mediocre hands to so you only have to avoid monsters that are calling anyway

dont be afraid of larger stacks that are not massive - if your stack is over half of a bigger stacks chips, it will hurt him to call and lose