You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I make soooo many mistakes. Whyyyyy??!!!

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I think most if not all of us make mistakes.

Made plenty myself tonight and like you say, as soon as you've done it you realise what a stupid decision it was.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I'm not entirely stupid. But I keep making them.

Why???

Is it inexperience? I've been playng for less than two years so am I but a newbie? At age 37 I should be cleverer. But I'm not.

And I always know when I make them. Immediately. I feel no need to post hands on here. Because I don't need to be told. I know what I'll be told. So why no knowledge before the deed? Crikey (sky don't allow swear words), am I slow witted?

This isn't based on bad beats. Annoying as they are, there's the BBV section for that. No, I get far more annoyed with the biggest villain in the game. Moi, me and stupid. Cheese us swept.

This is on the back of a winning night. Shoulda, coulda, woulda been so much more.

Maybe this is just a general poker feeling? Maybe I need to grow a set (oh to flop one).

A one line insult, if you're about Beaneh, would amuse me. Sigh, sigh, sigh.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to I make soooo many mistakes. Whyyyyy??!!!:
    I'm not entirely stupid. But I keep making them. Why??? Is it inexperience? I've been playng for less than two years so am I but a newbie? At age 37 I should be cleverer. But I'm not. And I always know when I make them. Immediately. I feel no need to post hands on here. Because I don't need to be told. Posted by bandini
    Always good when you KNOW you are making mistakes.  Maybe posting hands might help with the healing tho?

You do know age and cleverness are NOT related?

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I make soooo many mistakes. Whyyyyy??!!!:

Actually, your post got me thinking....It made me realise that a sign of improvement in MY poker is that I'm starting to know when I make mistakes!
    Hadn't really realised that before! 

TA

• edited July 2011
    Re, to Pad,

Yeah, I guess you're right, knowing you're wrong is half the battle. To quote,
    • In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself.
  • edited July 2011
    Re, to Pad, Yeah, I guess you're right, knowing you're wrong is half the battle. To quote, In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself.
    Posted by bandini
    I couldn't work out how to change font and what not Pad, but I'll continue if I may.

I like you. Like you a lot. You have humility and strike me as someone who has the wisdom not to need it, and i say that even before I saw your 7-2 shove that gave me big laughs. I've lost the thread. Going to post and come back so I can remeber what's it about, I'm somewhat drunk.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I make soooo many mistakes. Whyyyyy??!!! : I couldn't work out how to change font and what not Pad, but I'll continue if I may. I like you. Like you a lot. You have humility and strike me as me as someone who has the wisdom not to need it, and i say that even before I saw your 7-2 shove that gave me big laughs. I've lost the thread. Going to post and come back so I can remeber what's it about, I'm somewhat drunk.
    Posted by bandini
    Did you HAVE to bring that up? LOL!
  • edited July 2011
    How did this turn into your thread Pad??!!

Me, me, me!! Such an attention seeking beeatch! You knoooowwww this was my thread girlfriend. Oh soooo don't give me that look.

lol, I'm away to play poker before people take this theeerious. Heads up Lolu? If it's a £100 stt, I'm there, you wimped out last time.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I make soooo many mistakes. Whyyyyy??!!! : Did you HAVE to bring that up? LOL!
    Posted by Glenelg
    lol, yes.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I make soooo many mistakes. Whyyyyy??!!! : I couldn't work out how to change font and what not Pad, but I'll continue if I may. I like you. Like you a lot. You have humility and strike me as me as someone who has the wisdom not to need it, and i say that even before I saw your 7-2 shove that gave me big laughs. I've lost the thread. Going to post and come back so I can remeber what's it about, I'm somewhat drunk.
    Posted by bandini
    Long lost love?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I make soooo many mistakes. Whyyyyy??!!! : Long lost love?
    Posted by iBLUFF
    Nah, I just like Pad.

My heart was broke in two when they stopped employing Ms Long. Worst thing Murdoch's ever done....
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I make soooo many mistakes. Whyyyyy??!!! : Nah, I just like Pad. My heart was broke in two when they stopped employing Ms Long. Worst thing Murdoch's ever done....
    Posted by bandini
    + 1 billion :(
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I make soooo many mistakes. Whyyyyy??!!! : + 1 billion :(
    Posted by iBLUFF
    I was exaggerating, cute as I find Lisa-Marie.