You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

6-max 25NL action

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I go all in here, i think were ahead and even if were not we have outs (unless he has the nut flush).

Comments

• edited July 2011

UTG limps 0.25 ($24.05)
    villain (CO) limps 0.25 ($50.45)
    hero (BB) raises to $1.50 with KhKd ($30.12) 
    UTG folds
    villain calls $1.25 - pot $3.35

flop: 4h 10h 2s

hero bets $2.10 
    villain calls $2.10 - pot $7.55

turn: 7h

hero bets $5.10 ($21.42)
    villain raises to $17.66 and has effectively put hero all in

Villains stats are 20/11 (which is loose/passiveish) .. folds to flop Cbet 72% of time, these are from over 500 hands so they are quite accurate
    Hero 13/11 so relatively tight image, pretty sure i've literally only played one or two hands before this one, was within first half an hour of sitting down

Fold or All In? I'll post my reasoning and what I did later! 

• edited July 2011
    i think i call. 

esp with the heart redraw even if we need it
  • edited July 2011
    fold.  20/11 isnt that loose, its pretty passive though.What hands do you think you have enough equity against to get it in with here that he plays that way?
  • edited July 2011
    the fact he limps pre and calls raise looks like like a set to me but could also be a made flush

half the pots he enters he hasn't raised tho - you need to have been at the table to know why - if he limps after an open limper a lot, small pair is less likely and does he usally call re-raises after limping

with a 72% fold to cbet ratio, he def has something here and most likely is a set or flush rather than overpair imo
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: 6-max 25NL action:
    the fact he limps pre and calls raise looks like like a set to me but could also be a made flush half the pots he enters he hasn't raised tho - you need to have been at the table to know why - if he limps after an open limper a lot, small pair is less likely and does he usally call re-raises after limping with a 72% fold to cbet ratio, he def has something here and most likely is a set or flush rather than overpair imo
    Posted by Codex
    pretty nice analysis!
    villain will surely open AJ+ and isolate limper IP, including JJ+, so an over pair was out of the question! like you said he isn't raising 50% of pots he enters, but in this situation i put him on PP or connectors! it's quite obv i'm behind imo and even if i have outs i'm not getting the right odds, just can't see how i'm ever good here, villain has never got 10X or JJ with a heart and suddenly thinks it's good because he has a draw! fwiw i folded..