You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

few Q's

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
1/ with what hands should i be defending BB/SB? Looking over my stats and i've noticed my steal% from the SB and BB is far too high, but i don't like flatting in these positions when it's obvious opponents are raising light from BTN/CO, is flatting ok OOP w/ KJo KQo A10 etc .... ? ? and PP aswell, i sometimes just fold v.small PP too raises if it's a HU pot, is this ok? if i call i just see myself c/f alot of the time

2/ for people who use HEM regularly could you please tell me the right stats to put into my HUD? i have a few lines but there like mixed up and stuff! i play 6-max cash

3/ also noticed my fold to 3bet % is very high, any particular hands i should be flatting a 3bet with? JJ 1010 ? or is this completely player/situation dependent? or do i need to be deeper than just 100BB to make plays like this? is 4bet/fold an option?, or is this only recommended when deep aswell? sorry for the overload of questions but help would be good! 

Comments

• edited July 2011

1) - u fold PP's in cash??? Noooooo they're my fave hands, esp at small stakes, as if you hit, you win a stack. On sky anyway, the standard is prob alot higher where u play, even though the limit is lower.

If people are playing the button and cut off well u can 3bet 'n' cbet from t'blinds. 

2) When I used it it's VPIP PFR AGG on line 1.  C bet/fold to C bet/ c/r % on line 2....

even though the standards alot better than here, ur still at small stakes so most important stats are gonna be pre flop and on the flop....

Think that's all I had, play about with the colours tho, and u know u can change the abbreviation on the HUD? so F2CB u can change to F2C or w/e....only 1 character but saving space and having a hud thats easy to understand was important for me.

3) Having a high fold to 3b% is prob good and bad? Good coz it show's you're being disciplined and not playing 3b pots out of position. Bad coz you're probably playing in tough/aggressive games. lol.

4b fold is obv always an option as a bluff, if some guy is 3betting you loads. Wther you can 4b stuff like 10's for value w/intention of stacking off is all read dependant, and u'll have all the stats there in front of u to make that decision.

---------------

My experience with Hem is limited btw ***
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to few Q's:
    1/ with what hands should i be defending BB/SB? Looking over my stats and i've noticed my steal% from the SB and BB is far too high, but i don't like flatting in these positions when it's obvious opponents are raising light from BTN/CO, is flatting ok OOP w/ KJo KQo A10 etc .... ? ? and PP aswell, i sometimes just fold v.small PP too raises if it's a HU pot, is this ok? if i call i just see myself c/f alot of the time 
    Posted by percival09

It depends.
    It depends on who is raising, what position they are raising from etc...., and if you are in the SB, how likely it is the BB is going to squeeze.

If you are against a good player, then playing tighter is fine. Against weaker players, with transparent tendencies, then it's more likely to be ok to flat a wider range, as your better play post flop can negate the positional advantage that they have.

KQ is massive against a late position raise from an aggro player, and you can mix up flatting and 3 betting with it.
    A10 is ok to call, as when you 3 bet you often lose A9 downwards, and keep AJ and better.

V.small PP's can be difficult, particularly in the SB, as it often looks like we have got a small pair when we call SB (hence tougher getting paid when we hit), we have rarely got much equity to continue when we miss, and we are not closing the action.
    Think it's ok to ditch these sometimes, dependant on who is raising, stack sizes etc...

• edited July 2011
    1. Flatting hands like KQ,KJ, AT is fine against wide btn opening ranges, you prob will have to make plays sometimes when you miss though. Folding  small pp's oop against wide opening ranges from good players is ok imo, its really difficult get paid when you hit they are rarely strong enough. I dont mind calling, but I think if you do it has to be with an intention of not just setmining, ie make plays at certain boards

2 I'm not really that well up on stats but vpip/pfr/AF/3bet/3bet call/ cbet flop/call cbet/cbet turn would be ones I use the most

3. I think having no 3bet calling range oop at lower levels would be ok. I wouldnt worry about folding to 3bets a lot, unless its against a particular player. If it is look to 4b/f bluff him(A rag hands are good for this), call with some medium strong hands like AQ,JJ, or even call with intention of bluffraising most flops. Dont 4bet hands like AQ, TT etc unless you are happy getting it .
  • edited July 2011
    the best hands to call in the SB/BB are going to be suited broadway hands, you can make strong top/2nd pairs and also flops trong draws that you can play aggressively.

if CO/BTN raiser is good and aggressive then you should probably fold <66 preflop (however i think <nl50 on most other networks its still fine to setmine)

i would say a rough 'average' fold to 3bet is ~65-70% total. however obv this number will change vs specific villain
    with regards to calling 3bets, you want hands that can flop strong top pairs and strong draws. AQ/KQ/JJ/TT are probably the best hands but if its late position wars then id probably add in KJs QJs etc when 100bb deep. flatting 3bets with suited connectors 100bb deep is quite bad without reads imo.

i wouldnt worry about 4bet bluffing until you are at nl50 tbh. rough guideline would be dont ever 4bet />30bb total out of a 100bb stack, preferably ~25bb 4bet i think is optimal. do it with hands that have blockers to their 5b jamming range like Ax KQo etc.
  • edited July 2011
    TY all good advice