You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

time for a break?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
So im playing well. not getting any results, i make the right move at the right time, i get called by weaker hand and lose. varience this month has killed my roll and my playing style all together i think. i have a 270£ buy in tourniment coming up on the 6th, should i break till then ? should i study till then ? help :)

Comments

• edited July 2011
    If ure really mostly only losing to inferior hands then there is sweet fa you can do about it , just gotta keep doin what you already are and hope it changes xx
  • edited July 2011
    We've all been in this situation. I've tried to play through it, but the hole just gets deeper. When you're running bad you're running bad.

Walk away from it. Mathematically there is no reason why this should work providing you're still playing your A or B game, but I've found that it does. Give it a few days then come back refreshed.

• edited July 2011
    I'd try and ride it out mate, from experiance I've had a few days where I'm just bleeding BI's through playing well but not getting luck to stay with me and it feels horrible but what absolutely tops it my a country mile is fighting back and getting back to where you were and even further.

Overall though I'd say if you move down the levels when your BR gets lower you should be alrite and never feel like needing a break.
  • edited July 2011
    Watch some horrible bad beats on you tube for like a couple of days and you will feel better )
    It's a lonely place when your running bad, so this should make you feel less alone.
    Then just go back to playing, works for me.
  • edited July 2011

I had a 2 month spell of running awful.......the advice i was given was to reduce the amount of games i played and play lower buy in tourneys, as long as your playing within your br and getting ur chips in good then you should just grind through it.

The only time to take a break is if you're not enjoying playing or if the beats are starting to effect your game.

• edited July 2011
    I know how you feel, If you ARE playing well still and gettin in ahead alot of the time then i would carry on playing the variance is bound to turn. if you feel that your making poor calls and bad plays/trying to force it then i would take a break and play when you fancy it again. get someone to watch how your playing and see if they think your playing well still