You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

spt final

edited August 2011 in The Sky Poker Tour
never played spt before want to no few details, whats the cash action like? are there any side tournies? and also does anyone from the area no where the best place to stay is ???
any info would b great see you on the felt

Comments

• edited July 2011
    im planning on lasting a long time i heard there was a pre tournie starting the thursday just wondering about it
  • edited July 2011
    I've never been but I do know there's lots of side tournies and cash action.

You won't be stuck for things to play if you don't last long in the main tournament.

• edited July 2011
    Its at Dusk till Dawn so it will have all the normal DTD tournaments for the Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun

DTD has loads of cash action.

Dave
  • edited July 2011
    Just be warned that any SnGs are limited and have high reg fee.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: spt final:
    Just be warned that any SnGs are limited and have high reg fee.
    Posted by SoLack
    Agree with Solly, last year they insisted on dealing all the SNG's and charged a huge rake pretty much killing any SNG action
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: spt final : Agree with Solly, last year they insisted on dealing all the SNG's and charged a huge rake pretty much killing any SNG action
    Posted by SolarCarro
    VERY good point!! I recall it was £3pp on a £10 sng with blinds every 5 mins....

Totally forgot about that, hope Sky have been able to broker some deal this year...NO PTP's or anything that was self dealt..

Shame really, considering it was the final.

xx
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: spt final : VERY good point!! I recall it was £3pp on a £10 sng with blinds every 5 mins.... Totally forgot about that, hope Sky have been able to broker some deal this year...NO PTP's or anything that was self dealt.. Shame really, considering it was the final. xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    This was the only downside to DTD, virtually no "fun" side action.  All other SPT's I would thoroughly recommend railers, friends, girlfriends, etc come along and join in the side action, it's great.

DTD is the only SPT I would say unless you are playing the main event, DON'T come along.  Even if you are playing the main event and bust out early it means you have 2 days of nothing to do.  Unless you want to buy into one of the usually quite expensive house tournaments.

Such a shame.
  • edited August 2011
    The friday night £50 tournament is great value and I envisage with the SPT players being there + the usual DTD grinders, it will be a great tournament.