You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Blinds: Steal and defend?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Hi all,

I am more of a live tournament player and have been trying my luck on online cash games and am struggling to work out the effect of the blinds. Obviously in live tournament play I am used to stealing others and defending my own blinds, but I am starting to think this is costing me when it comes to internet cash. In the UK cash game TK made a throwaway comment about the blinds not being as important in a cash game when it comes to defending. Should I be trying to steal and defend? I have been trying to look into it with mixed responses.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    stealing is more important than defending its good for image, you will be in position and they do add up, if your good postflop defending/playingback is fun
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Blinds: Steal and defend?:
    stealing is more important than defending its good for image, you will be in position and they do add up, if your good postflop defending/playingback is fun
    Posted by N1CK
    Ty
  • edited July 2011
    Have to agree with NICK. Stealing isnt essential but if you are allowed to do it then crack on with it. I dont really defend my blinds, but if its constant pressure i will play back at them, slap em back in to place if you like. I wouldnt get hung up on the blinds in the cash game. Its nice if you have a rock or two to your left but as i said, not as important as tourney play.

Good luck.