You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Yet again.........

edited August 2011 in Area 51
.....................bad/lucky players rule this site again, getting bloody sick of it now, no point posting hands cause you all know what will be posted, I played so well tonight but if you play the best u ever have u always get lucky ****

and the 'set up' hands were unbelievable tonight FFS, what do I have to do, I know another good few days off, only play 2 things tonight after another few days off, now I'm gonna have to take another few days off, I'm gonna be like the F1 before long now Sky are gonna destroy it for all of us that dont subscribe, I must stop filling Ruperts pockets here

Tried to bust a guy twice and he doubled up off me twice by a 1 outer on the river after I put him all in, then the set up hand, flop was 8JJ,, I jammed all in with QJ, got called by AJ, was bout 25k in the pot and lost and had bout 460 left, taking the p iss yet again

Comments

• edited July 2011
    ' set up hands'??
    At least you have learned this much
    Others have not
    Gl at the tables
    debs
    xxx
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Yet again.........:
    ' set up hands'?? At least you have learned this much Others have not Gl at the tables debs xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    sorry debs was editing my post when u replied with more info so just incase u havent seen it, have a look
  • edited July 2011
    also tilted me even more this has been moved to area 51, it was placed in general poker chat because this is the general thing that happens, cheers what ever mod moved it, u have tipped me over the edge now cause if u look at my other posts and my sharkscope u can see how much Im getting f*****
  • edited July 2011
    also tilted me even more this has been moved to area 51, it was placed in general poker chat because this is the general thing that happens, cheers what ever mod moved it, u have tipped me over the edge now cause if u look at my other posts and my sharkscope u can see how much Im getting f*****
    Posted by YouKnowsIt
    Yeah read it now , look i just shoved with 13bb's with 10 10 in the sb and the bb (as all the analysts say never hardly wake up with a hand) calls with KK , obviously a coincidence ;))) xxx
  • edited July 2011
    I didn't move it, but if I had it would have been to "Brags, Beats and Variance".
  • edited July 2011
    well u were up there with me, saw u on the leader board with me, what can we do, doing my head in now
  • edited July 2011
    I didn't move it, but if I had it would have been to "Brags, Beats and Variance" .
    Posted by Machka
    yeah man I know it wasnt u, I saw who it was, just ignore me on massive tilt again

anyway, see u all again in a few days yet again
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Yet again......... : yeah man I know it wasnt u, I saw who it was, just ignore me on massive tilt again
    Posted by YouKnowsIt
    Dont worry , our time will come ............................................ eventually xxx
  • edited July 2011
    sll u do is moan 2bh i think near enough every post ive seen from you its you bleddy crying ,  Grow a set for christ sake! , u might be on 1 bad run but your saying youve neevr been on a super run? weve all had it if its that bad and you cant afford to dont play  ayy?

save the hassle    Red/Black rouellte stik it all on 1 saves the pain either way
  • edited July 2011
    sll u do is moan 2bh i think near enough every post ive seen from you its you bleddy crying ,  Grow a set for christ sake! , u might be on 1 bad run but your saying youve neevr been on a super run? weve all had it if its that bad and you cant afford to dont play  ayy? save the hassle    Red/Black rouellte stik it all on 1 saves the pain either way
    Posted by kidwizzz78
    Jeeez chill fella , who rattled ure cage  ?? me an youknowsit are just avin a laugh here xxx
  • edited July 2011
    im not on about you im on baout him:)
  • edited July 2011
    sll u do is moan 2bh i think near enough every post ive seen from you its you bleddy crying ,  Grow a set for christ sake! , u might be on 1 bad run but your saying youve neevr been on a super run? weve all had it if its that bad and you cant afford to dont play  ayy? save the hassle    Red/Black rouellte stik it all on 1 saves the pain either way
    Posted by kidwizzz78
    TBH fella, dont know u and after that post dont wanna know you, I know who I would take advice off on the forum, I know who I like on the forum, you ruled yourself out of both!

Yet I moan, yep I vent, if you gotta problem with that dont read my posts, dont reply to my posts, easy as

Dont need clowns like you about telling me what to do

Also browsing through your posts your comments would have nothing to offer me anyway.

Go have that next lager and off you pop to sleep
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Yet again......... : TBH fella, dont know u and after that post dont wanna know you, I know who I would take advice off on the forum, I know who I like on the forum, you ruled yourself out of both! Yet I moan, yep I vent, if you gotta problem with that dont read my posts, dont reply to my posts, easy as Dont need clowns like you about telling me what to do Also browsing through your posts your comments would have nothing to offer me anyway. Go have that next lager and off you pop to sleep
    Posted by YouKnowsIt
    +1
  • edited July 2011
    2bh i wouldnt wanna no you , your post annoy me let alone what your like in person:),  the reason i wrote this post in the first place is all you moan about is how bad you are running lately  on about how hands are set up yea its gunna happen now tommorw and years from now your gunna be on both ends thats how it works do you think you gunna win everything?, o and i dont drink and na to early your posts are keeping me entertained ta
  • edited July 2011
    Just had a quick look at the stats on Sharkscope and tbh fella though mine dont read well at the moment your more than welcome to play me in DYM's at 5.50 or 11 quid, I have the bankroll to play them do u?
  • edited July 2011
    2bh i wouldnt wanna no you , your post annoy me let alone what your like in person:),  the reason i wrote this post in the first place is all you moan about is how bad you are running lately  on about how hands are set up yea its gunna happen now tommorw and years from now your gunna be on both ends thats how it works do you think you gunna win everything?, o and i dont drink and na to early your posts are keeping me entertained ta
    Posted by kidwizzz78
    Point one don't read my posts then, point 2, people vent on the forums. point 3 yep I moan cause I have been running lately. Point 4, play me any time at 5.50 or 11 quid DYM's and I will take u apart. Point 5, if you did drink at least u would have an excuse for being a muppet. Point 6 your best of not knowing me ;)
  • edited July 2011
    lmao!!! your comparing pokere with me now, 1. i barely play, 2. i have a job! and no i dont have the bankroll but i could easilly deposit alot now to play with but why would i do that this is a hobby nothing special just to pass time? you really are sad , o and im not the muppet complaining on the forum everytime i lose or a hand dont go my way so yea your the one that needs to re think
  • edited July 2011
    lmao!!! your comparing pokere with me now, 1. i barely play, 2. i have a job! and no i dont have the bankroll but i could easilly deposit alot now to play with but why would i do that this is a hobby nothing special just to pass time? you really are sad , o and im not the muppet complaining on the forum everytime i lose or a hand dont go my way so yea your the one that needs to re think
    Posted by kidwizzz78
    WOW
    !. you barely play so why you giving me advice and moaning about my posts. 2. well done for having a jon cause you need it cause your poker advice/comments you need one other wise your in trouble. Am I sad, when you play alot come back and tell me  if you dont moan about what happens, till then your best being quiet. If I moaned every time I had a beat I would have a million posts on here, look how many games I have played.

Most of all if you can deposit what ever you like, come play me on 5.50 and 11 quid DYM's and get taught a lesson in poker, thing is your moaning about what I'm saying and not been through it yet, but plese come play on my table any time if you have money to burn you egg

BTW I've only been playing for 6 months but I could turn you over no probs ;)

also looks like you chance your arm alot on Russian roulette, just proves you cant play poker, like you said to me, try playing proper poker pal, enough said
  • edited July 2011
    are u re tarded? im not telling you how to play poker im stating why you moan when it dont go your way? , if your some1 who takes poker serious why you posting such stupid comments about people getting lucky and you on the bad end all the time if you were that smart youd no in the long run your guna come out on top and be the 1 laughing but ay you keep crying when it dont go your way and your graph i worse than mine so its only goin down n down:) yea mines also down but  as you can tell bye the amount of my games i use my money on things worth spending not bye someone who thinks hes it but in fact is actually rather poor for you to play that many games and still be down its poor when you takes it as serious as you do! , o and btw your pic is more rather a closer to a resemblance to an egg
    have a good day sir
  • edited July 2011
    are u re tarded? im not telling you how to play poker im stating why you moan when it dont go your way? , if your some1 who takes poker serious why you posting such stupid comments about people getting lucky and you on the bad end all the time if you were that smart youd no in the long run your guna come out on top and be the 1 laughing but ay you keep crying when it dont go your way and your graph i worse than mine so its only goin down n down:) yea mines also down but  as you can tell bye the amount of my games i use my money on things worth spending not bye someone who thinks hes it but in fact is actually rather poor for you to play that many games and still be down its poor when you takes it as serious as you do! , o and btw your pic is more rather a closer to a resemblance to an egg have a good day sir
    Posted by kidwizzz78
    Your post just proves why there are so many idiots now on sky poker, I dont need to say anymore

BTW sharkscope calculates the overall tornies different from SNG's and like I said come play me in the SNG's I will take u to the cleaners

will even give you the chance now I'm on tilt, will play you in 3 10.50 turbo heads up now
  • edited July 2011
    we should go on a date this is quite heart warming youve touched me dude! , your on about idiots yea as if your the main man yourself , whats that say if you dont no who the fish is after so long then its probly you have u ever thought of that? , yea im not very good at poker i admit that but i dont moan when i get 2 outered to the whole forum saying how rigged it is when i no very well ive done that to other players so its an endless circle so you need to calm down , o and btw when you wanna play me ill play you at cash not sit n goes , especially turbos cus there just pure luck if anything and sit n goes bore me to hell , i got work tommorow ill be on monday if you want to play me cash heads up? , sharkscope tells stt and mtts just not cash so yea your stil down overall like myself:) but im alright with that you seem to be the oppsite
  • edited July 2011
    OK though I dont play cash I will, message me monday
  • edited July 2011

ok , o and you want some honest advie? , if you spend as much time as you do on about the hands you lose youd prob make a big profit as you no that the skill will win in long run and you wont be as hot headed then :)
    have a good day

• edited July 2011
    ok , o and you want some honest advie? , if you spend as much time as you do on about the hands you lose youd prob make a big profit as you no that the skill will win in long run and you wont be as hot headed then :) have a good day
    Posted by kidwizzz78
    Now! Now!  Put the handbags away girls.

Kidwizzz, stop a moment, have a look where you are - it's area51. It's where people vent off when they are having a bad run. If you don't like people venting go to some other section of the forum that way you won't get all upset.
  • edited July 2011
    . . . youd prob make a big profit as you no that the skill will win in long run . . .
    Posted by kidwizzz78
    Far be it from me to interfere with a posting-bunfight between contributors, but from the comment above I'm interested to (k)no(w) how long the "long run" is, and how many hands I've got to play before I can expect to make a profit, and to see that the variance in the cards that impact on the games I play will average out to the expected distribution?

Should be grateful for an idea, so I know how much more time I've got to put in on the electronic felt.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Yet again......... : Far be it from me to interfere with a posting-bunfight between contributors, but from the comment above I'm interested to (k)no(w) how long the "long run" is, and how many hands I've got to play before I can expect to make a profit, and to see that the variance in the cards that impact on the games I play will average out to the expected distribution? Should be grateful for an idea, so I know how much more time I've got to put in on the electronic felt.
    Posted by Goethe

A thousand sngs is a decent sample. If you're playing well enough to beat the games, you should be showing a profit after 1k games.

• edited July 2011
    But even after a thousand and you're showing a profit its "unbelievable" if you dont  understand their game right?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Yet again......... : A thousand sngs is a decent sample. If you're playing well enough to beat the games, you should be showing a profit after 1k games.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Only 710 to go then . . .

Not quite sure how one *CONSISTENTLY* overcomes the 20% rake, bearing in mind all the variables in the game, but I'm open to suggestions.

As to the variance consideration, if a typical DYM lasts 150 hands, then I would respectfully suggest it'll take a lot more than 1,000 games for the actual fall of cards experienced to fall within 4 standard deviations of the mean. One might experience positive variance of course, and make a profit, but does that mean one's playing a winning game, or as James Bond said, "he just got lucky!". I played roulette once and made a profit from that?

Does it mean when I get x,000s hands under my belt, being on the end of all of the comical long odds draws I've lost to recently will stop?
  • edited July 2011
    Are you a winning player? Are you playing well enough to beat the games?

Is there anything you can do to give yourself a bigger edge in the games?

What are your strengths as a player?

Have you researched dym strategy?

How solid is your knowledge of calling/shoving ranges?

Are you playing too loose early on in games? Are you too tight when the blinds get big? Are you missing some shoving spots, or maybe shoving too often given the loose players you are likely up against?

Are you watching your opponents and making notes? Do you know how to interpret your notes and adapt your game to each individual player?

All the above questions will help you alot more than worrying about variance etc. That will take care of itself. 

Your time would be much better spent working at your game. You have control over your own game, and thats all, no point worrying about all the other stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------

I agree though, 20% rake is shocking at micros, if anything, the lower stakes should have lower rake.

• edited July 2011
    Right . . .  I'll start working my way through the list. :-)