You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did i play this ok?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
hipshooter Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £17.71
Frimley44 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £6.57
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

sean2kaii9 Call  £0.10 £0.25 £7.28
Winterboy Raise  £2.00 £2.25 £15.23
robyoung All-in  £11.51 £13.76 £0.00
rawl Fold     
hipshooter Fold     
Frimley44 Fold     
sean2kaii9 Fold     
Winterboy Call  £9.51 £23.27 £5.72
Winterboy Show
  • J
  • J

robyoung Show
  • K
  • A

Flop

Turn

River

Winterboy Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 7s £21.87  £27.59
I saw the villain raise this big a few times, but did i play this ok? I had a feeling he was raising this big with a hand he wasnt confident in playing so i reshoved hoping for a fold, not bothered about the outcome but is this the right play or should i have just folded?

Comments

• edited July 2011
    No. You are way too deep for this play. His £2 bet meant he had a hand, no doubt about it. If you had a fiver or less, then by all means shove it in. But in this instance the correct action was to fold.
  • edited July 2011
    Looks fine to me. No point 3betting around £6 as it would be over half your stack.
  • edited July 2011
    I can understand your reasoning with your reads on opponent, however, your pretty much semi-bluffing this hand. I dont like shoving 115 big blinds in cash games unless i already have a big hand pre, which is AA, KK and QQ. I'll probably get shot down for this but your actually shoving 115BB with ace high and i dont like that play. 

My opinion is that you should call and see if you hit on the flop, that way you can get away relatively cheaply if you miss and he bets again. I dont think you can fold A,K here but i dont think i ever shove without a solid read.

If previous play dictates that he usually doesnt have it and you have decided to draw a line in the sand then fair enough.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Did i play this ok?:
    My opinion is that you should call and see if you hit on the flop, that way you can get away relatively cheaply if you miss and he bets again.
    Posted by DrSharp
    Pretty much burning money doing this.
    You hit 1/3 of the time, and you win £2, as he probably folds when there is an Ace or a King (except when he hits as well, when you do your stack.

You miss 2/3 of the time and lose £2.

No problem with the play the OP made, but I wouldn't have a massive issue with folding either.
  • edited August 2011
    if hes opened this big a few times I think shoving is good
  • edited August 2011
    I agree with the op here and nowt wrong with the shove , i also dont mind a fold if sum players dont like to stack off with less than AA , KK . QQ but i think a call here is terri bad xx