You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I'm not limpin anymore, i'm not limpin.......!

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
OK so it was JUST a freeroll ( and I had 50p add-on!) BUT cos I didn't limp......outta 424 runners I came 423!!! WHOHOO!

Nah only joking! Came 8th! This was the hand I was most proud of....

OK so it could easily have been a bby!
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
goose111 Small blind  3000.00 3000.00 134900.00
Glenelg Big blind  6000.00 9000.00 46762.50
  Your hole cards

gateman9 Fold     
rekopace Fold     
presenter Call  6000.00 15000.00 124855.00
goose111 Raise  12000.00 27000.00 122900.00
Glenelg All-in  46762.50 73762.50 0.00
presenter Fold     
goose111 Call  37762.50 111525.00 85137.50
goose111 Show

Glenelg Show

Flop

• K

Turn

River

• J

Glenelg Win Three 10s 111525.00  111525.00

Comments

• edited July 2011
    How many left by 3k/6k?  TBF I don't think I've ever folded a pocket pair in a freeroll.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I'm not limpin anymore, i'm not limpin.......!:
    How many left by 3k/6k?  TBF I don't think I've ever folded a pocket pair in a freeroll.
    Posted by TommyD
    Poss 15/20?
    Actually, I had folded 44 the hand before cos oop! Luckily as AA went up against KK all-in!

I had decided from the off that it was either "Raise or Fold" and stuck to it! yoyo'ed but really pleased with my play!
  • edited July 2011
    It's become an axiom 'never ever limp'. I know I'll get shot for this, but this is wrong.
    Early in a MTT, on the button with 22 against a field of limpers, it's usually correct to limp also.

I await the ritual flogging!
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I'm not limpin anymore, i'm not limpin.......! : Poss 15/20? Actually, I had folded 44 the hand before cos oop! Luckily as AA went up against KK all-in! I had decided from the off that it was either "Raise or Fold" and stuck to it! yoyo'ed but really pleased with my play!
    Posted by Glenelg
    Hi Pad

Good to see you running deep as usual - I'm going through a trot where I lose those. (and I check evry one on that calculator you kindly sent the link for!) Yes there are arguments for limping in certain situations but I think there's usually an equal argument for folding them too. If you're just looking to cash then limping might preserve your stack to ladder up in certain situations but we're looking to win these, aren't we?

Mind you, I usually get these situations wrong!

GL M8

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I'm not limpin anymore, i'm not limpin.......!

Just realised I used the phrase "certain situations" twice above.

I usually find myself in uncertain situations! lol.

• edited July 2011
    It's become an axiom 'never ever limp'. I know I'll get shot for this, but this is wrong. Early in a MTT, on the button with 22 against a field of limpers, it's usually correct to limp also. I await the ritual flogging!
    Posted by BigBluster
    Yh obvz 22 on the button after lots of limpers is a limp along well at least it is for me, mainly due to the fact you want to hit the set then go crazy. However I would never OPEN limp with a small pair.
  • edited July 2011
    It's become an axiom 'never ever limp'. I know I'll get shot for this, but this is wrong. Early in a MTT, on the button with 22 against a field of limpers, it's usually correct to limp also. I await the ritual flogging!
    Posted by BigBluster

Totally agree. It is better to raise on most occasions but if the table dynamic dictates you can see the flop cheaply with certain hands its a big positive to some of your starting hands. It also balances your play and helps you play your deceptive hands and also your strong hands when you mix it up a bit. Adds more weapons to your game.

Limping becomes harder the better players you bump in to as they wont let you.

• edited July 2011
    limping can be a very good weapon vs good players
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: I'm not limpin anymore, i'm not limpin.......! : Yh obvz 22 on the button after lots of limpers is a limp along well at least it is for me, mainly due to the fact you want to hit the set then go crazy. However I would never OPEN limp with a small pair.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    +1 although i have to admit i open limp small pairs at NL4 alot because of my avrage raise is 40p or a limp so makes sense to limp.
  • edited August 2011

limping can be a very good weapon vs good players
    Posted by N1CK

Surely good players will have spotted you limping if you don't normally and be wary.

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: I'm not limpin anymore, i'm not limpin.......! : Surely good players will have spotted you limping if you don't normally and be wary.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    If you mix it up it becomes a weapon. A big hand like AA, KK, QQ, AK for instance, if you limp with it like 10% of the time and raise with it 90% of the time you can use it as a deceptive hand, limp looks weak dunnit. I would'nt over play it like this, but just once in a while its good to mix your game up to become less predictable. Same with your marginal hands like the small pocket pairs and connectors and so on, you can raise with these every now and again for deception but limp with them a fair bit too. If your playing against decent players regularly, they will notice this and all of a sudden they dont know if your limping with small pairs/connectors or with a biggie. Or something like that!! Also allows a re raise if you are on a very aggressive table.

Its frowned upon, but it can be very powerful. It has to be used correctly on the right tables.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: I'm not limpin anymore, i'm not limpin.......! : +1 although i have to admit i open limp small pairs at NL4 alot because of my avrage raise is 40p or a limp so makes sense to limp.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Jesus, I would like to know what players you are playing please. :)
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: I'm not limpin anymore, i'm not limpin.......! : Surely good players will have spotted you limping if you don't normally and be wary.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    i was playing an mtt and a v good player 3 bet me 3 times in a row and i folded, then i get KK so i just limp, now he thinks im limping coz im sick of him 3 betting me because i can adjust to that, anyway he raises my limp and i 3bet him, now he thinks im taking the pee  and 4 bets so i 5 bet and he shoves