You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

QQ on flopped flush board

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok villain was playing tight up to this point not really showed any hands, comments on my play please

should i have got more value, comment on each street please ty
lea116311 Small blind  15.00 15.00 2150.00
Deja_Vu Big blind  30.00 45.00 4255.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

poppy765 Fold     
YOUNG_GUN Raise  120.00 165.00 4970.00
Eyeman Fold     
lea116311 Fold     
Deja_Vu Call  90.00 255.00 4165.00
Flop

Deja_Vu Check     
YOUNG_GUN Bet  191.25 446.25 4778.75
Deja_Vu Call  191.25 637.50 3973.75
Turn

• J

Deja_Vu Bet  318.75 956.25 3655.00
YOUNG_GUN Call  318.75 1275.00 4460.00
River

Deja_Vu Bet  637.50 1912.50 3017.50
YOUNG_GUN Call  637.50 2550.00 3822.50
Deja_Vu Show

YOUNG_GUN Show
  • Q
  • Q

YOUNG_GUN Win Pair of Queens 2550.00  6372.50

Comments

• edited August 2011
    i dont think you could have got much more value, if he's been playing as tight as you say surely he's going to fold if you re-raise the turn or river.

And what hands are going to call a re-raise on the river that your beating?

I like the way you played the hand
  • edited August 2011
    Raise the turn, and call or value bet/fold any river if he continues.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: QQ on flopped flush board:
    Raise the turn, and call or value bet/fold any river if he continues.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This is what i was thinking i did wrong, if he has Asuited here im letting him get there! i have called for pot control and was pretty certain i was good if no heart hit the river but not good enough to re-raise river. if another heart came down i'd still call aswell so didnt want to inflate the pot on the turn
  • edited August 2011
    Coz ur so deep and in position, I think raising turn is good. His donk lead is prob weak, trying to buy a card, and theres tonnes of hands he will call with.

You have the Qh, so you're not really scared of any river card, and you can snap call any river bet.

If you raise the turn and he raises again u can fold without being pot committed or anything that would make you feel inclined to get it in.

If he calls the turn and checks the river u can value bet any card, quite small, as ur looking for thin value. Fold to a raise unless it's ridic small.
  • edited August 2011
    all very good points but what if he has A/K suited as its definately within his range hence why it could be a tough river if another heart hits. Do you think as played i can re-raise river?? i personally was worried that they could have made flush here also as they were still in the pot. if they check turn or river i can value bet but dunno whether can re-raise at any point they could easily have me beat
  • edited August 2011
    I agree with pianoplaya here i think ya played it fine as ya say oppo could be slow playin summin x
  • edited August 2011
    Still feel if your try to value raise the river ther's very few hands that are going to call you can beat

AJ maybe with the A hearts.

With 10's he might have but you said he'd been playing tight.

What did you think he had when he led the turn?
  • edited August 2011

I would prefer to raise the turn than the river because...

On the turn hands that can call you that you beat are.....Jack x, TT, 99, 67, as well as like any pair + heart hand....or even just the bare A or K of hearts...

On the river, the draw hands, which make up loads of his range can no longer call, so you can only get value from weaker made hands.

So if he calls with alot more hands that you beat on the turn, it makes sense to raise there rather than on the end....

If a heart comes on the river as played, I would snap off almost any bet....

If you raised the turn and a heart came on the river and he bet, alot would depend on his bet sizing. 

If a heart came on the river as played and he checked, I'd bet/fold....

If a heart came on the river after you had raised the turn, again, I'd bet/fold....quite small.....

• edited August 2011
    I think you played the hand well

What hands do you think a tight player calls a raise oop on turn with that you beat? There may be some, but most will be a pair +big draw and he may be as likely to 3bet them as call, given he has poor implied odds when his draw hits oop. Raising is too thin here imo, you fold out too many hands you beat and you cant continue if he raises

River raise would be utter spew
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to x:
    I think you played the hand well What hands do you think a tight player calls a raise oop on turn with that you beat? There may be some, but most will be a pair +big draw and he may be as likely to 3bet them as call, given he has poor implied odds when his draw hits oop. Raising is too thin here imo, you fold out too many hands you beat and you cant continue if he raises River raise would be utter spew
    Posted by grantorino
    So you like the way the hand was played aswell?
  • edited August 2011
    I agree with the river raise i dont like, just asking dohhhh what his thoughts are no hands that i beat are going to call me so there is no point really

i do agree we can get more value on turn but it is very risky i think there are + for both calling for pot control isn't too bad really as surely he would play flopped flush same way?
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: QQ on flopped flush board:
    I agree with the river raise i dont like, just asking dohhhh what his thoughts are no hands that i beat are going to call me so there is no point really i do agree we can get more value on turn but it is very risky i think there are + for both calling for pot control isn't too bad really as surely
    he would play flopped flush same way?
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

But how many flopped flushes r in his range???

Compared to hands like pair + heart, or even bare heart, or just Jack x etc .....

There's so many more hands he can have, and continue with that we beat, than hands he can have that have us beat. 

Against bad passive players we wanna go valueee townnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn