You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bet or Check?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
b/f turn  depending on river check/fold or b/f

Comments

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Bet or Check?:
    Played it fine. Now go into check/call mode.
    Posted by BigBluster

Problem with this is that most, or all, of the hands you are ahead of check back, and the hands you are behind to will bet.

It's only a check call spot, if you have notes on the opponent which relate to them floating flops and betting into weakness often.

• edited August 2011
    Not nice OOP.

Pre i think is fine i've played a bit at this lvl recently.

Horrible spot you got any notes on players yet? Checking looks so weak he going to bet (well i would)

B/F isnt terrible as if you happy to C/C your going to lose less in the long run.

+ C/F is terriblely weak
  • edited August 2011
    Well a few weeks ago I would have seriously checked as they always have the flush lol but I also realise they can sometimes not have it.

Bet £1.50 then obvz snap fold to raise.

Just wondering, if I was called here making a £5.37 pot what river cards should I be willing to call and how much ?
    Turn

Dudeskin8 Bet   £1.50 £3.87 £7.27
    x Raise   £4.19 £8.06 £6.26
    Dudeskin8 Fold        
    x Muck        
    x Win   £4.96   £11.22
    x Return   £2.69 £0.41 £13.91
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Bet or Check?:
    Well a few weeks ago I would have seriously checked as they always have the flush lol but I also realise they can sometimes not have it. Bet £1.50 then obvz snap fold to raise. Just wondering, if I was called here making a £5.37 pot what river cards should I be willing to call and how much ? Turn     4       Dudeskin8 Bet   £1.50 £3.87 £7.27 x Raise   £4.19 £8.06 £6.26 Dudeskin8 Fold         x Muck         x Win   £4.96   £11.22 x Return   £2.69 £0.41 £13.91
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    i prob bet out like £2 again
  • edited August 2011
    readless never c/c river. Either b/f or c/f, worse hands far more likely to call than bet