You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Small cash in the 7-15 deepie

FlyingDagg013£1.69
    Still going on and I don't care who wins cos they're all a set of miserable sods left in. I'm gonna stop saying  NH, GG and WP.
  • edited November 2012
    dagg have 2 agree cause its so poor the beats, u seem 2 get setup with them.was trying sumick different 2 c if my luck would change but its a big fat NO

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceladyluck19 Small blind  150.00 150.00 8882.50 steelrod Big blind  300.00 450.00 5705.00  Your hole cards A J    noddycar08 Raise  600.00 1050.00 985.00 colin4000 Fold     fishkicka1 Raise  1800.00 2850.00 10455.00 petebryn Fold     ladyluck19 Fold     steelrod Call  1500.00 4350.00 4205.00 noddycar08 All-in  985.00 5335.00 0.00 Flop  10 5 J    steelrod All-in  4205.00 9540.00 0.00 fishkicka1 Call  4205.00 13745.00 6250.00 steelrod Show A J    noddycar08 Show A 9    fishkicka1 Show Q Q    Turn  Q    River  10    fishkicka1 Win Full House, Queens and 10s 13745.00
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    Good evening (not so good for me) I have played the deepy tonight, sat down around half 7 so missed the first 15 mins, i then played 4 hands in an hour as no cards , then had a few cards and had about starting stack. Now i was sat on the button, UTG raised to 450 (blinds 75/150) folded to me i had a,k os.i shoved about 4.8k both blinds fold and the initial raiser insta called. He insta called with 10,j os?????? obviously hit the 10 and j to rub it in... I am now rather peeved off. How can he insta call for starters and then too hit two pairs. if i could swear i would lol. Don't normally moan about my bad beats etc, but his plays been really eractic, then he wrote that he's a pro and i should respect his decision to call.. :-(
    Posted by chubbers
    He's a pro playing a 2quid deepie? Yeah I bet he is.

• edited November 2012
    dagg have 2 agree cause its so poor the beats, u seem 2 get setup with them.was trying sumick different 2 c if my luck would change but its a big fat NO Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance ladyluck19 Small blind   150.00 150.00 8882.50 steelrod Big blind   300.00 450.00 5705.00   Your hole cards A J       noddycar08 Raise   600.00 1050.00 985.00 colin4000 Fold         fishkicka1 Raise   1800.00 2850.00 10455.00 petebryn Fold         ladyluck19 Fold         steelrod Call   1500.00 4350.00 4205.00 noddycar08 All-in   985.00 5335.00 0.00 Flop     10 5 J       steelrod All-in   4205.00 9540.00 0.00 fishkicka1 Call   4205.00 13745.00 6250.00 steelrod Show A J       noddycar08 Show A 9       fishkicka1 Show Q Q       Turn     Q       River     10       fishkicka1 Win Full House, Queens and 10s 13745.00
    Posted by steelrod
    Now why have you posted this hand?You can't complain cos I don't know odds like I should but I'm positive the QQ is WAY ahead here. I demand you remove the post at once!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Now why have you posted this hand?You can't complain cos I don't know odds like I should but I'm positive the QQ is WAY ahead here. I demand you remove the post at once!
    Posted by FlyingDagg[/QUOTE

lol dagg am board s h i tless with this site, must remove myself never mind the post :).and y cant i hit the A or the J lol
  • edited November 2012

Small cash in tonights 500 gtd

snoxx11283778.50  
    DUKING201200  
    adamw1ns55021.50  
    flipTflop04£45
    pomfrittes05£36.50
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Steel.
    From the four hands you have posted, I can only see one bad beat here and that is the KK all-in pre. The other 3 hands you have posted, you only have an Ace High. These are not hands we should be risking all of our chips and tourney life on unless we are short tacked imo.

Next Hand Ace High - AQ suited hand - you raise, oppo re-raises and you shove all in pre - Ace High is not a winning hand in the long term. I would maybe make the call and check fold the flop and save my tourney life.

Next Hand Ace High again - AQ off suit. You raise and oppo shoves. Why can't we fold here and save our tourney life? We are risking everything on A High again. Yes, its going to win sometimes but there are many situations where we should be folding and the most important one is where it is going to cost us our tourney.

Next Hand Ace High- AJ off Suit - There is 1 raiser and 1 re-raiser before you, yet you still call - well i'm sorry, but this is an insta fold, you cannot get all your chips in 3 way here with AJ off suit. Its a No No unless you are very short stacked. OK you hit your Jack on the flop, but in all honesty, did you really think you would be ahead when there was a raise & Re-raise preflop?

I'm sorry to be so brutal - but i've been there and done it mate.

You need to slow down your play, stop getting involved with hands that are potentially going to take your tourney life and don't assume you are ahead if you hit top pair.

This is something I learnt from a fellow player on here a long time ago - I didn't believe him at the time and couldn't understand why I was getting beat so often.

Protect your chips, look for spots where you can make a hand better than top pair, there is nothing wrong with folding top pair to an aggressor if it is goin to cost you your tourney.

I run bad at the mo - but most of my suckouts are all in Pre with hands like QQ. KK. AA and hands where I have been too aggressive too early in a tourney which I am trying to correct.

Just take a little time to have a think where it is going wrong, a fold now, can give you a better spot later on.

I know you are better than this steel and feel it's only the frustration and lack of patients that is getting the better of you in these spots  at the moment

Best of luck m8 - you know i will do everything to try and help.
  • edited November 2012

£200 Guaranteed

Tournament Complete

Finished at 04:21 - 25 Nov

Registered
    54 / 1000
    Players Left
    0 / 54
    coolmark - £81
    tallytink - £54
    MYT - £37.80
    smith1408 - £27
    dodgyknee - £21.60
    wargamer - £18.90
    pimmsno1 - £16.20
    Bladejam78 - £13.50

At last i finally won heads up without any bad beats, and all in's held up. 
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Steel. From the four hands you have posted, I can only see one bad beat here and that is the KK all-in pre. The other 3 hands you have posted, you only have an Ace High. These are not hands we should be risking all of our chips and tourney life on unless we are short tacked imo. Next Hand Ace High - AQ suited hand - you raise, oppo re-raises and you shove all in pre - Ace High is not a winning hand in the long term. I would maybe make the call and check fold the flop and save my tourney life. Next Hand Ace High again - AQ off suit . You raise and oppo shoves. Why can't we fold here and save our tourney life? We are risking everything on A High again. Yes, its going to win sometimes but there are many situations where we should be folding and the most important one is where it is going to cost us our tourney. Next Hand Ace High - AJ off Suit - There is 1 raiser and 1 re-raiser before you, yet you still call - well i'm sorry, but this is an insta fold, you cannot get all your chips in 3 way here with AJ off suit. Its a No No unless you are very short stacked. OK you hit your Jack on the flop, but in all honesty, did you really think you would be ahead when there was a raise & Re-raise preflop? I'm sorry to be so brutal - but i've been there and done it mate. You need to slow down your play, stop getting involved with hands that are potentially going to take your tourney life and don't assume you are ahead if you hit top pair. This is something I learnt from a fellow player on here a long time ago - I didn't believe him at the time and couldn't understand why I was getting beat so often. Protect your chips, look for spots where you can make a hand better than top pair, there is nothing wrong with folding top pair to an aggressor if it is goin to cost you your tourney. I run bad at the mo - but most of my suckouts are all in Pre with hands like QQ. KK. AA and hands where I have been too aggressive too early in a tourney which I am trying to correct. Just take a little time to have a think where it is going wrong, a fold now, can give you a better spot later on. I know you are better than this steel and feel it's only the frustration and lack of patients that is getting the better of you in these spots  at the moment Best of luck m8 - you know i will do everything to try and help.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    your probs right trev frustration,patients,this started when i played the mini with the KK v 88 should of stop playing then but went on tilt.still be nice 2 hit and hold on a few hands tho :(.

well thanks for the advice trev we live and learn,like dagg says they were all b/h and there are alot more beats in them.i dont realy play many of them b/h for that reason but went on tilt and wanted 2 try some different tourneys.

i was not showing the hands as 2 say they were badbeats just showing them 2 say it would b nice 2 hit are hold now and then,i guess what go's around come's around just hope it hurry's up :).there rant over for now lool

anyways gl all and run good

• edited November 2012
    £200 Guaranteed Tournament Complete Finished at 04:21 - 25 Nov Registered 54 / 1000 Players Left 0 / 54 1 coolmark - £81 2 tallytink - £54 3 MYT - £37.80 4 smith1408 - £27 5 dodgyknee - £21.60 6 wargamer - £18.90 7 pimmsno1 - £16.20 8 Bladejam78 - £13.50 At last i finally won heads up without any bad beats, and all in's held up. 
    Posted by coolmark
    Makes a change ;) n1
  • edited November 2012
    Totally agree with what Trevor has said steel. I remarked a couple of weeks ago that you need to play with more caution and be prepared to lay down AK, AQ AJ etc. These are fine hands to shove with late in a tourney if your shortstacked but you have to be prepared to fold them sometimes. I realised a long time ago that it can be the hands that you fold that can win tournaments just as much as the hands that you win with. I wouldn't like to see you quit Sky as you have been a great member of TPT and believe me when I say that everyone wants to see you become a  successful player and get that decent cash. Good luck.
  • edited November 2012
    Totally agree with what Trevor has said steel. I remarked a couple of weeks ago that you need to play with more caution and be prepared to lay down AK, AQ AJ etc. These are fine hands to shove with late in a tourney if your shortstacked but you have to be prepared to fold them sometimes. I realised a long time ago that it can be the hands that you fold that can win tournaments just as much as the hands that you win with. I wouldn't like to se you quit Sky as you have been a great member of TPT and believe when I say that everyone wants to see you become a  successful player and get that decent cash. Good luck.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    I agree.
    We all love steel, he is a great part of what this team is all about and I know we can help him get back to winning ways.

Keep posting them hands up steel and keep taking some of our advice. Don't be put off if we have a litle moan about the way you have played them, thats how we learn and it will make a difference.

The changes you make over the coming weeks will be so subtle, you won't even realise why you have started winning again. Clear the head and lets play some basic ABC Poker for a while until things turn around.

And Remember where that fold button is lol.

Good Luck Mate.  
  • edited November 2012

Good advice Trev.
    Hi Steel. From the four hands you have posted, I can only see one bad beat here and that is the KK all-in pre. The other 3 hands you have posted, you only have an Ace High. These are not hands we should be risking all of our chips and tourney life on unless we are short tacked imo. Next Hand Ace High - AQ suited hand - you raise, oppo re-raises and you shove all in pre - Ace High is not a winning hand in the long term. I would maybe make the call and check fold the flop and save my tourney life. Next Hand Ace High again - AQ off suit . You raise and oppo shoves. Why can't we fold here and save our tourney life? We are risking everything on A High again. Yes, its going to win sometimes but there are many situations where we should be folding and the most important one is where it is going to cost us our tourney. Next Hand Ace High - AJ off Suit - There is 1 raiser and 1 re-raiser before you, yet you still call - well i'm sorry, but this is an insta fold, you cannot get all your chips in 3 way here with AJ off suit. Its a No No unless you are very short stacked. OK you hit your Jack on the flop, but in all honesty, did you really think you would be ahead when there was a raise & Re-raise preflop? I'm sorry to be so brutal - but i've been there and done it mate. You need to slow down your play, stop getting involved with hands that are potentially going to take your tourney life and don't assume you are ahead if you hit top pair. This is something I learnt from a fellow player on here a long time ago - I didn't believe him at the time and couldn't understand why I was getting beat so often. Protect your chips, look for spots where you can make a hand better than top pair, there is nothing wrong with folding top pair to an aggressor if it is goin to cost you your tourney. I run bad at the mo - but most of my suckouts are all in Pre with hands like QQ. KK. AA and hands where I have been too aggressive too early in a tourney which I am trying to correct. Just take a little time to have a think where it is going wrong, a fold now, can give you a better spot later on. I know you are better than this steel and feel it's only the frustration and lack of patients that is getting the better of you in these spots  at the moment Best of luck m8 - you know i will do everything to try and help.
    Posted by POKERTREV
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : your probs right trev frustration,patients,this started when i played the mini with the KK v 88 should of stop playing then but went on tilt.still be nice 2 hit and hold on a few hands tho :(. well thanks for the advice trev we live and learn,like dagg says they were all b/h and there are alot more beats in them.i dont realy play many of them b/h for that reason but went on tilt and wanted 2 try some different tourneys. i was not showing the hands as 2 say they were badbeats just showing them 2 say it would b nice 2 hit are hold now and then,i guess what go's around come's around just hope it hurry's up :).there rant over for now lool anyways gl all and run good
    Posted by steelrod
    1. i would agree with dagg & trev in general about keeping it tighter
    2. every hand above i could imagine playing exactly the same way as you
    3. chill - if it is your turn to take the downswing - so be it
    4. i had a 3 months downswing - since then most 50/50s have gone my way - next month - who knows?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : 1. i would agree with dagg & trev in general about keeping it tighter 2. every hand above i could imagine playing exactly the same way as you 3. chill - if it is your turn to take the downswing - so be it 4. i had a 3 months downswing - since then most 50/50s have gone my way - next month - who knows?
    Posted by GELDY
    Here's one that didn't go my way lol
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DICKMAVIS Small blind  200.00 200.00 3390.00
    jamest6 Big blind  400.00 600.00 3445.00
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

POKERTREV All-in  1300.00 1900.00 0.00
    GIZZABOB Fold     
    GrymR Fold     
    BENDOG40 Fold     
    DICKMAVIS Fold     
    jamest6 Call  900.00 2800.00 2545.00
    jamest6 Show
    • K
    • K

POKERTREV Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

• K

Turn

River

jamest6 Win Full House, Kings and 10s 2800.00  5345.00
  • edited November 2012
    thanks for the advice all hope it is my turn soon geldy,here is a 1 that nearly got away lol.only a freeroll 437 runners finished 27th for a whooping 38p :) then shoved my JJ V KQ he hit K on turn.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesteelrod Small blind  800.00 800.00 27495.00 ajax31 Big blind  1600.00 2400.00 18115.00  Your hole cards K A    deanjomo94 Fold     db03 Raise  4800.00 7200.00 33905.00 curtiswatp Call  4800.00 12000.00 10955.00 scampy_008 Fold     steelrod Call  4000.00 16000.00 23495.00 ajax31 All-in  18115.00 34115.00 0.00 db03 Fold     curtiswatp Fold     steelrod Call  14915.00 49030.00 8580.00 steelrod Show K A    ajax31 Show Q 10    Flop  2 J 10    Turn  6    River  K    steelrod Win Pair of Kings 49030.00  57610
  • edited November 2012

THIS IS FOR ALL BUT CERTAINLY STEELROD

It's a single page containg all the info you need about odds in poker at your fingertips in a very easy to understand style. I've only had a quick glance but first impressions seem very good. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

http://smokinaces.com/how-to-win-at-poker-using-odds-and-math

• edited November 2012

I have had a bad day. Lost a bit and was looking recoup lossed. I got in to the 110 bh. P.s i would still be doing this if i won the hand beleive it or not, I promise i would have. Just cant be in a team way player as bad as this. gl to all just take me off the lists. I am gna go it alone , try concentrate etc. Apologies

Hnd was blinds 15/30.  67 Bhoys made it 75, i re raise to  195
    My hand is Kings, his is 87 off suit. he then jams 87 off allin , he has 3895. i have 3535. i call the all in.  flop is  2 10 k rainbow. then comes 9 , river jack lol. Sorry all i cant be in a team with players doing that in 110 quid torunys, Gl to u all in future. Gl to the guy. Put me on tilt now ha. Bye.

• edited November 2012
    big hand in the high roller
    offshoot Small blind 100.00 100.00 43880.00
    hhamza162 Big blind  200.00 300.00 12485.00
     Your hole cards
    • K

bazzamundo Fold     
    jlj17 Raise  400.00 700.00 19156.25
    bornablade Call  400.00 1100.00 24585.00
    offshoot Call  300.00 1400.00 43580.00
    hhamza162 Fold     
    Flop

• Q
    • Q

offshoot Check     
    jlj17 Bet  400.00 1800.00 18756.25
    bornablade Call  400.00 2200.00 24185.00
    offshoot Fold     
    Turn

• J

jlj17 Check     
    bornablade Bet  1650.00 3850.00 22535.00
    jlj17 All-in  18756.25 22606.25 0.00
    bornablade Call  17106.25 39712.50 5428.75
    jlj17 Show
    • Q

bornablade Show
    • K

River

jlj17 Win Full House, Queens and 9s 39712.50
  • edited November 2012
    just cashed in mini bh 65th place £4.62 no hp sob but a cash is a cash see you all wendesday
  • edited November 2012
    wd all on ya cashes,min cash in the 19.15 deepy wiiiii 20p up lol

steelrod017£2.40

gl on the tables
  • edited November 2012

Tonights MINI   went from 1st to 41st in 3 hands but a nice cash anyway, also had min cash 2,40 in 7.15 deepy.

041£6.93 + £19.32 Head Prizes6 
    harper1983042£6.93 + £27.56 Head Prizes11 
    texsid043£6.93 + £3.76 Head Prizes2 
    howleygan1044£6.93 + £1.88 Head Prizes1 
    pomfrittes045£6.93 + £17.82 Head Prizes
  • edited November 2012

Hi everyone, managed a small cash in the £2.30 bh tonight, finished in 13 having my AK suited beat by 89suited :( played well though and its been a while since i've been able to say that so cant complain.

RLT16013£1.71 + £1.17 Head Prizes1 

congrats to everyone else on all there cashes keep up the good work all

• edited November 2012
    Small cash for the captain - 8.15 Deepy

POKERTREV08£18.75
    Thanks for the rail Steel * Geldy
  • edited November 2012
    Managed to run fairly deep in tonights mini BH

Kiwini4u09£23.10 + £14.08 Head Prizes4 

Edit:- Just found out that I have managed to bink first place in the FLOPS league, which gives me free entry into the Primo.  Not sure if thats for next Sunday or not, but i'll let you know how I get on.

Steve
  • edited November 2012

Hi all, soz about the moan last night. was annoyed with what they wrote, so didn't play any more last night..

Anyway better night tonight.

7:45 deepy chubbers04£15.57
    Although have to say where was my rail :-(....

I know you where all afraid i was going to whinge and moan lol..

Good night all see you in the DTD ( another inspiring speech by trev please)

• edited November 2012
    5k BH 7/62 AK < 99

GELDY 0 7 £186 + £86.72 Head Prizes 2
    cheers for the rail steel & trev

wp kiwi in the flops - a great win for TPT 

couldn't sleep so played another 1/43

GELDY 86000 1 £86
  • edited November 2012
    wd all on ya cashes and gl in the dtd 2night tpt'ers,some hands you just gotta laugh haha lol.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceWansteiner Small blind  30.00 30.00 5275.00 leeky13501 Big blind  60.00 90.00 3332.50  Your hole cards Q A    steelrod Raise  240.00 330.00 2630.00 claire8622 Fold     JACKSONJ5 Fold     devonfish5 Fold     Wansteiner All-in  5275.00 5605.00 0.00 leeky13501 Fold     steelrod All-in  2630.00 8235.00 0.00 Wansteiner Unmatched bet  2435.00 5800.00 2435.00 Wansteiner Show 9 5    steelrod Show Q A    Flop  9 7 9    Turn  5    River  K    Wansteiner Win Full House, 9s and 5s 5800.00  8235.00
  • edited November 2012
    here is a 1 that got away :(

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesteelrod Small blind  15.00 15.00 2905.00 HOLLYWHIT Big blind  30.00 45.00 6085.00  Your hole cards K K    WXMLA Fold     TrudlesR Fold     tee1990 Call  30.00 75.00 3000.00 sAm10545 Fold     steelrod Raise  120.00 195.00 2785.00 HOLLYWHIT Fold     tee1990 Call  105.00 300.00 2895.00 Flop  Q 3 10    steelrod Bet  300.00 600.00 2485.00 tee1990 Call  300.00 900.00 2595.00 Turn  5    steelrod All-in  2485.00 3385.00 0.00 tee1990 Call  2485.00 5870.00 110.00 steelrod Show K K    tee1990 Show Q 8    River  8    tee1990 Win Two Pairs, Queens and 8s 5870.00  5980.00
  • edited November 2012
    Hi TPTers.

Its week 4 of the Monday DTD so the PinkSquad & Diamonds will be out in force to try and seal their victory, however, after last weeks great TPT performance, i'm hoping for more of the same this evening.

With a little extra effort and a solid Team TPT Performance , we can take them right down to the wire tonight and make them sweat a little.

Lets go for a TPT REDWASH in the league tonight and show them we are no pushovers.

Diamonds may be a girls best friend, but tonight we will be exchanging them for some cheap chips.

Pink is just for girls (And Hitman of course :) - So don't be fooled by the Fluffyness of their silk tongued chatter at the tables. Lets Turn those Pink Chips into Red Chips.

Dragons can be fearsome creature's, huffing & puffing blowing smoke out of their ears and breathing fire (and thats just MrBurns :) but there is only one true way to Slay a Dragon and thats with the Mighty Titan Sword.

So it's time to stand and fight........

Lets get the Mighty Titan Army prepared for battle........

Shine your Titan Shields of Protection & Sharpen your Titan Swords of Steel!!!

Smell the Victory!! - See the Victory!! - Celebrate the Victory!!!.

TITANS!!!!  -  TITANS!!! - TITANS!!! -

To WAR!!