You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    Just had a disaster in the Megastack. Was sitting pretty in top5 with 100K then lose an allin when my oppo hits a Q on river for his 1 pair to beat my PP. I then play one of the worse hands ever when I call an UTG raiser with my K 10 suited when I'm down to about 30K. I hit middle pair on an A K J flop so have to call his smallish bet. On the turnhe then puts me allin and I have to fold. I know it was a fold pre so won't bother asking for advice I'm just beating myself up for playing like an idiot and eventually going out on the bubble. Good old JJ is trying his best to cheer me up lol but I'm so mad with myself right now.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Do You?.......What happened to a re-raise to see if he has it or not?  sometimes re-raising is more economical than calling most times.......always ask a question to get an answer.

I often continuation bet (with air) and then put the pressure on to see if oppo has it.......

Just turn it around and take control of it....don't be the one whose calling.....be the one who's asking the questions....just apply a little more pressure......they don't always have it you know, and a lot of the time a continuation bet meerley means they have missed it.

if we look down at our cards and have 78 sooted for instance and we decide we are going to play it.....we have a couple of options....depending on the action before us.......if there is no action.....then we have to raise......if there is some action.....then we have to re-raise and play the hand as if we had pocket K's or aces.......this way if we have to get involved with a flop, our hand looks much much stronger than if we had flat called....so if we miss the flop, we still bet as if we have aces and fold to any action or take it down then and there.

I'm finding it hard to explain what I mean....however....

Decide if you are in a position to play a hand (irrelevent of you holding cards) but play them as if you have premium hands and make oppo believe you have it, even if you dont.

Calling is just a no no a lot of the time and something I think most of us are guilty of...including me.
  • edited February 2014
    Small cash in 23-15 Deepstack tonight

dangerdai05£10.85
     nice cashes all good luck at the tables Tpters... 

• edited February 2014
    WD rose geldy three and dale nice cashes.Vul daiw i hope you sort out the internet soon.Played on stars tonight didn't do to well in a tourney but managed to get my buy in back on the cash tables.My KK beat AA all in pre, i flopped a K.
  • edited February 2014
    Trev I'd only 8 1/2 bigs by this stage. That's why I said it was one of the worse hands i'd ever played. It was the player I'd lost the earlier big pot to. This is the hand. He'd min raised and I thought K 10 suited looks nice I'll have a flop.That was my first mistake. I hit a gutshot so call thats the 2nd mistake. Of course he's going to bet again so I'll need a miracle river card. It's for my tourney and we're approaching the cash and I'm in an awful spot. I can see what you say about reraise the flop to see what he does and believe me that is more in line with my normal game and I should have gone allin and if i lose so be it. You know my game it's all about raising and c betting and the way I played this was really really bad. I should have folded pre.

ash2012 Small blind   2000.00 2000.00 157914.00
    FlyingDagg Big blind   4000.00 6000.00 32197.00
      Your hole cards
    • K

Omen69 Raise   8000.00 14000.00 112462.00
    Andyl1986 Fold        
    ash2012 Fold        
    FlyingDagg Call   4000.00 18000.00 28197.00
    Flop

• A
    • J
    • K

FlyingDagg Check        
    Omen69 Bet   12000.00 30000.00 100462.00
    FlyingDagg Call   12000.00 42000.00 16197.00
    Turn

FlyingDagg Check        
    Omen69 Bet   21000.00 63000.00 79462.00
    FlyingDagg Fold        
    Omen69 Muck        
    Omen69 Win   42000.00   121462.00
    Omen69 Return   21000.00 0.00 142462.00

• edited February 2014
    Yeh - K10 with your stack is deffo a bad call, thats almost a 3rd of your stack.

Hitting 2nd pair on the flop.....I would have been inclined to push it all over the line, but your right and we shouldn't put ourselves in this situation in the 1st place. But we all do it......

I'm fed up of kicking myself for doing the same mistakes over and over again lol - i;m starting to get bruises :) 
  • edited February 2014
    PROPOSED TPT CASH GAME Myself and Martin were talking last night and the following idea developed. A cash session to run  on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. I suggest an 8pm start so that players can drop in or out at their own convenience. This will be at 2/4 so you can buy in for as little as £1-20. It would primarily be Holdem but there's no reason we couldn't do Omaha cash. Obviously with it not being possible to reserve cash tables it's very much on the fly as to whether it will work. It will be a case of "i'm sitting at xxxxx table now find me".   Thoughts? LATE NEWS JUST IN Cash tables can be reserved on pokerstars. Would anyone be interested in this option?
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    im lovin this idea and think it would be great to get involved, yhe site you are saying aswell means u can go ten or 9 handed which would be better for everyone wanting to take part. count me in!!!!!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : im lovin this idea and think it would be great to get involved, yhe site you are saying aswell means u can go ten or 9 handed which would be better for everyone wanting to take part. count me in!!!!!
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Thanks for your response Chris. Need more feedback team, anyone else up for this?
  • edited February 2014
    PROPOSED TPT CASH GAME Myself and Martin were talking last night and the following idea developed. A cash session to run  on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. I suggest an 8pm start so that players can drop in or out at their own convenience. This will be at 2/4 so you can buy in for as little as £1-20. It would primarily be Holdem but there's no reason we couldn't do Omaha cash. Obviously with it not being possible to reserve cash tables it's very much on the fly as to whether it will work. It will be a case of "i'm sitting at xxxxx table now find me".   Thoughts? LATE NEWS JUST IN Cash tables can be reserved on pokerstars. Would anyone be interested in this option?
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    i'm up for either dagg

We could try it on here and see what sort of interest there is and maybe exstend it to stars if it becomes regular or something.

Count me in either way.
  • edited February 2014
    Im up for it. Enjoyed rgelast one. Every Wed wud suit me 
  • edited February 2014
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    I'm in dale.
  • edited February 2014
    Sorry still neglecting team rails etc.... but going for these rake races sky keep putting on and cant chat whilst I play more tables.

Small cash from the mini
    waller02039£7.24 + £1.88 Head Prizes1
    Gl at the tables all
  • edited February 2014
    £2k speed BH - satted in 5/43 AJ<KJ thks for the rail daiw
    GELDY05£86 + £42.19 Head Prizes
    happy to join in cash on sky but will be travelling again
  • edited February 2014
    Managed 7th in tonights megastack.Great TPT rail ty. Steelrod on the final table.

FlyingDagg07£34.56
  • edited February 2014
    wd dagg and wd all on ya cashes.got 3rd in megastack ty for the rail dagg,jj,dim,had little bit of run gd it's nice that run gd I like it :)

steelrod03£73.44

gl on the tables all
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : I'm in dale.
    Posted by jjjach
    I will be in if am about dagg
  • edited February 2014
    ftd 945 bh 3rd place £14.71 7HP £11.67 gl all tonight
  • edited February 2014
    Nice Cashes Guys - well done.
  • edited February 2014
    WD guys nice cashes......Anyone watching the liverpool game wiiiiiiiiiiiii.
  • edited February 2014
    Wasnt even gonna play primo tonight but had exactly an odd £3 on the end of my account balance so joined a £3 all in sat with it and binked a seat at the first time of asking

Ended up finishing 10th for £259.51 so im happy it wasnt an odd £2 at the end lol

TX for the gl wishes zoe x

Good luck all

Kev
  • edited February 2014
    Hi GCDF sorry i'm a bit late but welcome to TPT. Sent you a PM with some info.
  • edited February 2014
    WD guys very nice cashes.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited February 2014
    Potential new member might pop by Trevor, gruntex wants to join a team so I invited him to join TPT.
  • edited February 2014
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    very interested in this sorry not been on many nights been very busy with bathroom nearly done no major problems
  • edited February 2014
    Hi everyone, as mentioned above i am interested in joining a team, and dagg kindly invited me to join tpt which i would love to, i play regular on sky and you will find me in the deepstack tourneys mainly, running deep atm in one, gl at the tables everyone
  • edited February 2014
    Had a break from poker for a while played last night and got a cash

21.45 speed

1st kopite1984 - £128.
  • edited February 2014
    wont b playing tonight my tidy laptop getting fixed and i wont b taking risk with his one gl to everyone playing il just be railing
  • edited February 2014
    2nd in THS's DONK A FUN
    bolesAA360001£27TREMAYNE02£16.20VespaPX03£10.80
  • edited February 2014
    wp all - kopite, dimi, AAA, tremayne

£750BH 1/62
    GELDY1240001£186 + £120.32 Head Prizes7
    £750DS 3/42 thks for the rail jj, CGDF, daiw, dimi, K8
    GELDY03£126
    £20k early semi 1/51
    GELDY29378.011£20k Super Roller
    £20k roller direct
    MattBates140001£20k Super Roller
    GELDY02£44
    £20k roller direct
    GELDY111162£20k Super Roller = £110
  • edited February 2014
    WD  kopite trem and geldy nice cashes guys.
  • edited February 2014
    THIS WEEKS MTT TOTAL  £2759.96

GRAND TOTAL               £22838.62

2013 £161766.23