You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad fold, or good to find another spot?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
This hand has been nagging in the back of my mind since it was played so i thought i would ask for others opinions. I recognise the name of the villian but have no notes on him but i can presume from the name ringing a bell and his stack size probably a reg but still think i may have been playing too tight as this is slightly above what i am currently rolled for. (this is nl8)

Trying to think what i am beating here which makes me think maybe it was a good fold :s can't decide!
v Raise   £0.16 £0.28 £14.25
SPIDER_PIG Call   £0.16 £0.44 £3.42
marnoch07 Fold        
wasteking Fold        
jams88 Raise   £0.40 £0.84 £11.54
v All-in   £14.25 £15.09 £0.00
SPIDER_PIG Fold        
jams88 Fold        
v Muck        
v Win   £1.16   £1.16
v Return   £13.93 £0.00 £15.09

Comments

• edited August 2011
    My only advice would be to make sure the dealer gives you cards next time
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Bad fold, or good to find another spot?:
    My only advice would be to make sure the dealer gives you cards next time
    Posted by percival09

THIS ^^^^^^

• edited August 2011
    Call because you both have air and its a split pot lol
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Bad fold, or good to find another spot? : THIS ^^^^^^
    Posted by DrSharp
    +1 Might help.
  • edited August 2011
    Push!!! he doesnt no where he is in the hand
  • edited August 2011
    whoops 2nd times the charm

wasteking
    Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £4.54
    jams88 Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £11.94
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

x Raise   £0.16 £0.28 £14.25
    SPIDER_PIG Call   £0.16 £0.44 £3.42
    marnoch07 Fold        
    wasteking Fold        
    jams88 Raise   £0.40 £0.84 £11.54
    x All-in   £14.25 £15.09 £0.00
    SPIDER_PIG Fold        
    jams88 Fold        
    x Muck        
    x Win   £1.16   £1.16
    x Return   £13.93 £0.00 £15.09
  • edited August 2011
    3bet bigger or flat. Tbh against a decent reg oop this deep I prob flat, your 3bet will be called a lot and playing JJ oop 150 BB deep will not be fun. If hes bad this doesnt apply

As played I fold readless
  • edited August 2011
    Do you have any reads at all Jam? if its complete random i probably call here, dunno whether correct but nl10 i treat like nl4 alot so many bad players they can shove with worse or AK/AQ which we are ahead, if you call he has it then make a note. It's hard to say readless though
  • edited August 2011
    Wish youda put villians name in ( dont see why lots of ya leave this out really , as long as there is no malice intended ) but i never want to get 100+ bb's in readless and JJ is losing to far too many hands  after a board has been dealt , it also looks to me that he wants a call as he thinks you may be strong enough to do it xx
  • edited August 2011
    Wish youda put villians name in ( dont see why lots of ya leave this out really , as long as there is no malice intended ) but i never want to get 100+ bb's in readless and JJ is losing to far too many hands  after a board has been dealt , it also looks to me that he wants a call as he thinks you may be strong enough to do it xx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    I used to when i posted for help but noticed nobody else did so wasn't sure if i was breaking some unwritten rule? The guys name was SHIPEMBOYS

Readless in that i haven't seen him go to show down but have seen strong post flop play to see him get to the stack he has atm so presuming he is a pretty solid player. Im thinking the best i can hope for is to be against AK in which case im favourite but didn't think there was a need to enter a race im probably why im probs a better tourny player than cash as thats about avoiding races where as maybe i should be willing to race more in cash?
  • edited August 2011
    Due to reasons above sounds like good fold to me, dont know the player though
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah i know the player and on this basis i woulda folded defo xx
  • edited August 2011
    Thanks guys sounds like i may have actually got 1 right for once 1st time for everything :)
  • edited August 2011
    After just a minraise pre I wouldn't really say he's a REG, I would surely have to reraise flatting a minraise just seems really weak, but would reraise bigger to like 70p. When he shoves without reads it's probably a fold but would want to get some HH soon.