You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Overall opnions on hand - can i raise river

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
feel like i am loosing value in these spots
nige44 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £0.67
x Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £7.23
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

pokapig111 Fold        
macer Fold        
rancid Raise   £0.16 £0.22 £6.70
nige44 Fold        
x Call   £0.12 £0.34 £7.11
Flop

• Q

x Check        
rancid Check        
Turn

x Bet   £0.34 £0.68 £6.77
rancid Call   £0.34 £1.02 £6.36
River

x Bet   £1.02 £2.04 £5.75
rancid Call   £1.02 £3.06 £5.34
x Show
  • Q
  • Q

rancid Show
  • J
  • K

rancid Win Straight to the King £2.83   £8.17

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I'd bet flop, good chance villain will fold and if not you have good equity
    now as played you're probz not getting the odds on the turn, but i think it's ok with both players deepish
    i'd raise river like 2.5X for value and fold to 3bet

• edited August 2011
    Yh have to bet the flop, you have an up and down against someone who could have nothing.

Turn pot bet I would probably fold.

River would be hard not to raise at NL4 but I can understand why you called.
  • edited August 2011

Reads?

I prefer betting flop, mainly to build pot a little for when you hit, also if you miss you can often take a free card on turn ip. Dont mind the check though, when we bet very little worse calls or better folds and also I dont want to b/f this hand and b/3b not going to be great

Turn is marginal, really depends how strong this action indicates he is and how often he pays off river when you hit. Its prob ok though

River, I raise against random fish, call against a reg, when you raise this is the bottom of your range for anyone who can handread

• edited August 2011
    In Response to x:
    Reads? I prefer betting flop, mainly to build pot a little for when you hit, also if you miss you can often take a free card on turn ip. Dont mind the check though, when we bet very little worse calls or better folds and also I dont want to b/f this hand and b/3b not going to be great Turn is marginal, really depends how strong this action indicates he is and how often he pays off river when you hit. Its prob ok though River, I raise against random fish, call against a reg, when you raise this is the bottom of your range for anyone who can handread
    Posted by grantorino
    Reads - notes saying he c/r monsters, slow plays - tight 
    So thats why the check on flop - calling flop to get his money when I hit
    River I don't like too much as it's a diamond - think this is well in his range - non diamond A or 9 I am going for a big raise
    My gut was saying click back a raise he has 2 pr/set but hey ho feels like I am loosing huge value in these spots overall -
    Am I better just raise folding - feels really bad play - only getting called/raised by better 
    I guess if I have this guy down as a station then maybe I am raising for value - but still don't like raise folding so.....aaarghhh seems to me to be very player dependant

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: x:
    In Response to x : Reads - notes saying he c/r monsters, slow plays - tight  So thats why the check on flop - calling flop to get his money when I hit River I don't like too much as it's a diamond - think this is well in his range - non diamond A or 9 I am going for a big raise My gut was saying click back a raise he has 2 pr/set but hey ho feels like I am loosing huge value in these spots overall - Am I better just raise folding - feels really bad play - only getting called/raised by better  I guess if I have this guy down as a station then maybe I am raising for value - but still don't like raise folding so.....aaarghhh seems to me to be very player dependant
    Posted by rancid
    1 How does he both c/r and slowplay his monsters?
    2. Obv you are raising if you river the nuts
    3 Raise folding is fine if you are pretty sure (a) you beat the range he calls with (b) the range he shoves with beats you (c) he is more likely to call than raise. In this situation I think a good few players call 2pr,sets but only raise better so I dont mind raise fold here if you think 2pr, sets are more likely than a flush
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: x:
    In Response to Re: x : 1 How does he both c/r and slowplay his monsters? 2. Obv you are raising if you river the nuts 3 Raise folding is fine if you are pretty sure (a) you beat the range he calls with (b) the range he shoves with beats you (c) he is more likely to call than raise. In this situation I think a good few players call 2pr,sets but only raise better so I dont mind raise fold here if you think 2pr, sets are more likely than a flush
    Posted by grantorino
    my notes indicate he - traps/slow plays & also c/r his monsters
    tight trap i call him )

In this situation I think a good few players call 2pr,sets but only raise better so I dont mind raise fold here if you think 2pr, sets are more likely than a flush
    yeah i like this conclusion, cheers