You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AK facing 3bet pre from REG

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Pretty much readless but know they play 2 tables at this level.
WHOAMI196 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.95
x Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £14.91
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

ralph1958 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £10.59
Gunnarsten Call   £0.10 £0.35 £11.71
Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.60 £0.95 £13.26
skimmercfc Call   £0.60 £1.55 £18.51
WHOAMI196 Fold        
x Raise   £2.50 £4.05 £12.41
ralph1958 Fold        
Gunnarsten Fold        
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I do 2 moves here

1. Fold

2.Push the lot

reason i say this i dont like a call but thats what i fee you could be up agaisnt sum1 who plays 1010 jj qq extremely aggresive or he might be sat there with AA mayb ak  kk

i dont mind a shove 2bh as it cash , but i hate the flat to his raise what are you gunan be happy to see

a x x    if he bet sout pot do you call />

k x x    if he moves all in do you still call?

so i cant see a flop you gunna be keen on if he leads out with a big bet after the turn , so you gotta fold or push i presonally hink 2bh
  • edited August 2011
    readless but knowing villain is a reg i think getting it in here is fine
    i guess he could be 3betting lightish here knowing you could be isolating 2Xlimpers IP, i wouldn't be surprised being up against JJ here at the bottom of his range
     also 4betting could make him fold, but i def think i'm 4betting to around £7, obv 4bet shoving is ok but i prefer the small raise

• edited August 2011
    I think the main reason I was unsure about shoving was because I was sat >100 bb's deep and jamming felt  abit wreckless.

Perci - I assume when you say 4bet to £7 you call off a shove if it comes ?
  • edited August 2011

if you are 4betting just shove, no one ever thinks you are folding when you put in more than half your stack. Your big open combined with big 3bet makes 4betting to a size where villain may think you can fold impossible

Readless I shove I think, but dont hate a fold, not sure 10NL involves light 3betting from blinds enough to make shoving good

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: AK facing 3bet pre from REG:
    I think the main reason I was unsure about shoving was because I was sat />100 bb's deep and jamming felt  abit wreckless. Perci - I assume when you say 4bet to £7 you call off a shove if it comes ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Ofcourse! 
  • edited August 2011
    Another readless REG your favourate 2 things isn't it?? I prob shove most the time here unless i have a good reason not to
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: AK facing 3bet pre from REG : Ofcourse! 
    Posted by percival09
    You wouldn't consider making it £7 to find out where you are, then folding because you're racing at best?
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: AK facing 3bet pre from REG : You wouldn't consider making it £7 to find out where you are, then folding because you're racing at best?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol! sarcasm of the highest form..
  • edited August 2011
    Main reason I was unsure on shoving is it'll be flippin for 139 bb's is this right long term ?
  • edited August 2011
    fold or shove

depends how many hands he been playing, been 3 betting much etc...

Shoving if he very active - folding if he tight as a ducks ......