You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

For how long should i break?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi guys, just went out of 2 tourneys on the bubble and im a bit tilted coz they were both bad beats. Anyways my question is how long should i have a break away from the tables for? I know if i continue playing it will affect my game so how long should i give it? An hour? Or come back 2moro?

Comments

• edited August 2011
    entirely up to you i'd just stop for the night and come bac ktomorrow and try again but if you feel like you want to play again in an hour then play ??
  • edited August 2011
    tbh m8 you need to take as long as you feel right, as only you can decide when you're over "the tilt"
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to For how long should i break?:
    Hi guys, just went out of 2 tourneys on the bubble and im a bit tilted coz they were both bad beats. Anyways my question is how long should i have a break away from the tables for? I know if i continue playing it will affect my game so how long should i give it? An hour? Or come back 2moro?
    Posted by robyoung
    I guess it's a personal thing?  Personally, If i've busted from a tourney with a bad beat, I go make a coffee, come back and play a 30p/60p DYM to "UNWIND"!!!GRRR!!

Pad
    p.s. Post em so we can analyise??
  • edited August 2011
    Personally if I bubbled two tournies in the same night I'd consider myself in pretty good form, just think if those hands went differently you could have had two massive cashes, think glass half full mate. ;)
  • edited August 2011
    It's like riding a bike, you get knocked off, you get back on again.

After a bad beat i always tend to try and play tight for a few hands, watch the poker being played, and try and time my new move right
  • edited August 2011

if your not  getting bad beats then your not playing properly.
      next time  the two times your at the bubble then you will prob double up and be the chip leader in both.

i would take  a few hours then if i felt better then back to work on the tables