You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did I do anything wrong?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Yeah, posting the hand ..

Comments

• edited August 2011
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Lambert180 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £5.04
    BEVVY Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £1.14
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

jan1960 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £2.91
    bolly580 Fold        
    TPic91 Call   £0.04 £0.14 £4.01
    Lambert180 Raise   £0.20 £0.34 £4.84
    BEVVY Fold        
    jan1960 Call   £0.18 £0.52 £2.73
    TPic91 Call   £0.18 £0.70 £3.83
    Flop

• J

Lambert180 Bet   £0.50 £1.20 £4.34
    jan1960 Call   £0.50 £1.70 £2.23
    TPic91 Call   £0.50 £2.20 £3.33
    Turn

Lambert180 Bet   £1.00 £3.20 £3.34
    jan1960 Fold        
    TPic91 All-in   £3.33 £6.53 £0.00
    Lambert180 Call   £2.33 £8.86 £1.01
    Lambert180 Show
    • A
    • A

TPic91 Show

River

TPic91 Win Full House, 6s and 3s £8.19   £8.19
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Did I do anything wrong?:
    Yeah, posting the hand ..
    Posted by percival09
    Right I've fixed the hand posting now. So could I have got away from this or was I just unlucky to be playing against someone who will call such big bets in that situation? Do you think he was right to keep playing?
  • edited August 2011
    You played it fine, no chance you could get away
    players at this level are never going to fold PP pre or on a low flop ... just unfortunate that the 6 hit because you probz would have stacked him if blanks came

• edited August 2011
    I would fold to turn raise, I doubt you are ahead or have enough equity when he raises
  • edited August 2011
    Raise bigger pre, 26p for me.

Flop good.

Turn bet good, when he shoves with flush out there I probably fold for £3.33

EDIT : You have Ah, not sure now might call actually.
  • edited August 2011
    I would fold to turn raise, I doubt you are ahead or have enough equity when he raises
    Posted by grantorino
    this was similar to the hand i posted where it was a fold because i had quite good reads on villain, but here at this level against these players i think we're good here more often than not, i do believe a lot of players at this level, with pocket 10's for example who have a heart would shove here ... 
  • edited August 2011
    Raise bigger pre, 26p for me. Flop good. Turn bet good, when he shoves with flush out there I probably fold for £3.33 EDIT : You have Ah, not sure now might call actually.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Yeah the draw to the nut flush did help me make the call. Sadly I did end up getting it and still got beat by the house.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Did I do anything wrong? : this was similar to the hand i posted where it was a fold because i had quite good reads on villain, but here at this level against these players i think we're good here more often than not, i do believe a lot of players at this level, with pocket 10's for example who have a heart would shove here ... 
    Posted by percival09
    I think its unlikely given the way hand played out he has something like TT with a heart, although its possible. If we are beat we are prob have <20% equity on average, and we are beat a lot here imo. Most of the hands we beat are more likely to go nuts on the flop than turn imo, or else just flat turn
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Did I do anything wrong? : I think its unlikely given the way hand played out he has something like TT with a heart, although its possible. If we are beat we are prob have <20% equity on average, and we are beat a lot here imo. Most of the hands we beat are more likely to go nuts on the flop than turn imo, or else just flat turn
    Posted by grantorino
    Yeah, you'd expect them to just flat the turn .. but these players do some sttrraaaaanggeee things!
    you're right in terms of we don't have enough equity and against most levels and most players i'd agree this is a fold, but not at NL4 imo
  • edited August 2011
    Raise more pre 2 limpers i'd bump up to 36p here,

bet 3/4 pot flop

turn i probably get all in as we have Ah