You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Percentage next to hands on WSOP

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
On the WSOP and other poker shows on TV, it gives each player a percentage next to their hand. I wondered what is the percentage and how do you work it out?

Comments

• edited August 2011
    a software program calculates it based on their hands and what cards are left in the deck that can appear for them to win/lose the hand.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Percentage next to hands on WSOP:
    a software program calculates it based on their hands and what cards are left in the deck that can appear for them to win/lose the hand.
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

One thing I always wonder, when the things on TV work out hand percentages, are they taking into account things we know have been folded (because we can see all the cards) or is it the percentage as far as that player knows it?
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Percentage next to hands on WSOP:
    On the WSOP and other poker shows on TV, it gives each player a percentage next to their hand. I wondered what is the percentage and how do you work it out?
    Posted by bradz1003
    Go to a free online poker calculator (google it) and put in a few hands. 
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Percentage next to hands on WSOP:
    In Response to Re: Percentage next to hands on WSOP : One thing I always wonder, when the things on TV work out hand percentages, are they taking into account things we know have been folded (because we can see all the cards) or is it the percentage as far as that player knows it?
    Posted by Lambert180
    As far as I know, it doesn't take into account cards already shown, although there may be odd shows that do.