You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i been able to put this down

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
stienSmall blind £0.25£0.25£53.75bar4004Big blind £0.50£0.75£71.43 Your hole cardsQJ   pod1Raise £1.50£2.25£46.06jimmynolegFold    gerrard9Fold    blogCall £1.50£3.75£60.52stienFold    bar4004Call £1.00£4.75£70.43Flop  JQ10   bar4004Check    pod1Bet £3.56£8.31£42.50blogCall £3.56£11.87£56.96bar4004Call £3.56£15.43£66.87Turn  7   bar4004Bet £3.00£18.43£63.87pod1Raise £13.72£32.15£28.78blogCall £13.72£45.87£43.24bar4004All-in £63.87£109.74£0.00pod1All-in £28.78£138.52£0.00blogFold    bar4004Unmatched bet £24.37£114.15£24.37bar4004ShowAK   pod1ShowQJ   River  9   bar4004WinStraight to the Ace£112.35 £136.72Close windowNext

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Looks like a cooler to me in that I can't fold this. Plus your <100 bb's deep
  • edited August 2011
    i didnt put him on ak ,but can he do this with anthing less than a set? 

• edited August 2011
    against that villain..........i'm calling on the turn too, just ul m8
  • edited August 2011
    Id flat turn lead, as played fold to raise. What hand that you beat do you think plays this way?
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: should i been able to put this down:
    Id flat turn lead, as played fold to raise. What hand that you beat do you think plays this way?
    Posted by grantorino
    Would J's & 10's play this way poss??

Just asking mind!!
  • edited August 2011
    Posted by grantorino

SPOT ON ^^^^
  • edited August 2011
    Posted by grantorino
    you haven't played that villain much then?

i dunno about his/her cash game but in tournament play the guy/gal is pretty crazy.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: should i been able to put this down : you haven't played that villain much then? i dunno about his/her cash game but in tournament play the guy/gal is pretty crazy.
    Posted by waller02
    I dont recall ever playing villain,but even if I did hero is readless in hand so I would treat my response as being readless, I assume he is looking for advice to what to do given what he knows

villain c/c 3way on flop, donks really small and gets raised. At this stage hes prob either weak in which case the raise prob folds him out, or really strong. When he 3bet shoves he definitely thinks hes really strong and I doubt you see stuff like AQ,KQ worse 2pr enough given his line, and KQ etc has a good few outs.

If you know how he plays maybe its a snapcall, but that would be how my best effort at analysing it given we are readless
  • edited August 2011

Its a fold on the turn when he ships it over again, but its a tough one to make, dont beat yourself up over it. fwiw, the villain is passive from my experience so it could make the fold slightly easier.

However, Im making these sort of calls at the moment when i know im probably crushed, so im taking a break from cash until ive found my fold button again.

Anyway, at least you had outs lol

• edited August 2011
    just looking at it again with a clearer head this morning its such a bad call. like you say grantorino he aint doing this with anthing less than im beating.  i got caught up a bit with this player on a few hands prev, once he caught his river card and the other i folded a good hand to a large bet . think this was a case of ego (and wine) taking over(bad combo). thanks for feed back, but to be honest deep down i knew the answer to this one  phil

• edited August 2011
    thanks greg, when the cards came over my first reaction wasnt "at least i have outs!!!" lol to be fair i was gonna give cash a miss this mnth to concentrate on my mtt game, but after 3 or 4 bad tournys and 2/3 bottles of vino i relented!  so its 10 hail marys this morning  a stern word with ones self!
  • edited August 2011
    i cant put him on AK after he just flats pre flop raise.

Unlucky
  • edited August 2011
    If you are going to play QJ utg you have to be prepared not to love most flops when called, especially one as wet as this.  This is a pretty deadly board that i would be looking to exercise alot of pot control on.

When you open 2/3rds pot and are called in two spots you have to be concerned.  As much as you've hit the board, this is a flatters pre board much of the time.  Idiot end hands are there as well as the 9K's, Alot of draws will stay in however, the 7 appearing as a card.

I think pot control really should have been key on a board as wet as this.  As someone else he's only playing a narrow range this way and I'm really going to hate the action at turn.

But if we do flat turn your still facing a tricky decision when an off suit blank hits.  But i think i'd be looking to keep the pot smaller at turn, calling a smaller river bet (or folding) or hoping to fill up on value.