You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

where are the experianced online players?

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
So many players I come across on here have less than 5 years of playing poker. That's great and everything. Good luck to you. But do not seem to be many players with more than that.  I remember before on-line poker took off and there wasn't that many sites to play online. I actually started on yahoo games when sites like msn and yahoo were popular, that was 10 years ago. Now there are so many to choose from.
So have any of you, like me, have been playing online for 10years or more? And the second question. If I have been playing that long, why am a not a pro by now? (no.....don't answer that). Some pro-'s, even Gus Hanson, i'm led to believe hasn't been playing that long online before he turned pro.....and we all know the story with mr moneymaker.
So I guess, one doesn't need to play for that long to turn pro....just needs the balls and the bankroll.
comments..........

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to where are the experianced online players?:
    So many players I come across on here have less than 5 years of playing poker. That's great and everything. Good luck to you. But do not seem to be many players with more than that.  I remember before on-line poker took off and there wasn't that many sites to play online. I actually started on yahoo games when sites like msn and yahoo were popular, that was 10 years ago. Now there are so many to choose from. So have any of you, like me, have been playing online for 10years or more? And the second question. If I have been playing that long, why am a not a pro by now? (no.....don't answer that). Some pro-'s, even Gus Hanson, i'm led to believe hasn't been playing that long online before he turned pro.....and we all know the story with mr moneymaker. So I guess, one doesn't need to play for that long to turn pro....just needs the balls and the bankroll. comments..........
    Posted by RichiSwift
    Certainly have Sir!

Very few have survived though, because most of them have poor or non-existent bankroll Management. The harem-scarem lairy any-two-card boys never last long. To survive you have to play steady, no-frills poker, & ride with the punches.
  • edited October 2009
    I have to admit to not playing online for more than a year, only a month on Sky Poker(never even knew sky done poker until i seen the tv channel) This is mainly due to only being 19. However i must say ive been playing Live poker with friends/family for near enough 6 years now.
  • edited October 2009

Hi Richi

We do have some some experienced players here at Sky Poker, one in particular who has been around that long he helped to make the rules ;), of course I do mean the the Gent of Sky Poker and has been my privaledge to know for at least a year and count him as a very personal good friend, non other than Mr Tony "tikay" Kendall.

Now thats what you call an introduction.

Seriously, all the Presenters and analysts have a lot of experience behind them and are always willing to help