You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£10 to £10k challenge

Comments

• edited August 2011
    It seems this idea is not a winner you need to win at least 200 times to win 10k on the odds..Even at 1/33 its not worth the risk.I am trying one though which after two games is showing a 52.90 profit its a £2.75 treble on celtic,man utd,and brighton.I will back this all season as i think celtic and utd are  big favs for there lges and think brighton represent great value.Will be good if i show profit after the season.
  • edited August 2011
    Utd to beat my team spurs Brighton to beat blackpool Celtic to beat st jonstone £2.75 = £10.90
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: £10 to £10k challenge:
    It seems this idea is not a winner you need to win at least 200 times to win 10k on the odds..Even at 1/33 its not worth the risk.I am trying one though which after two games is showing a 52.90 profit its a £2.75 treble on celtic,man utd,and brighton.I will back this all season as i think celtic and utd are  big favs for there lges and think brighton represent great value.Will be good if i show profit after the season.
    Posted by cleaverjim
    How do you work that out? the original idea was 1 bet a week at odds of about Evens or a shade of Odds on then just keep re-betting all of your winnings for 10 weeks, people are getting carried away by doing trebles etc which gives you more chances of the bet going down. so thats only 10 bets i dont know where the 200 wins what you mention comes from.
  • edited August 2011
    £10 - £10k, remember 1 bet at a time to cut down the risk of multiple bets going down. for easy calculations lets just use EVENS to work it out. £10 @ EVENS over 10 weeks.

WEEK 1 = £20
    WEEK 2 = £40
    WEEK 3 = £80
    WEEK 4 = £160
    WEEK 5 = £320
    WEEK 6 = £640
    WEEK 7 = £1280
    WEEK 8 = £2560
    WEEK 9 = £5120
    WEEK 10 = £10240
  • edited August 2011
    £10 - £10k, remember 1 bet at a time to cut down the risk of multiple bets going down. for easy calculations lets just use EVENS to work it out. £10 @ EVENS over 10 weeks. WEEK 1 = £20 WEEK 2 = £40 WEEK 3 = £80 WEEK 4 = £160 WEEK 5 = £320 WEEK 6 = £640 WEEK 7 = £1280 WEEK 8 = £2560 WEEK 9 = £5120 WEEK 10 = £10240
    Posted by lucy4
    ok so utd at wba was evs? Look good luck but so far your bet is lost so do you keep adding £10 ? Good luck though .
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: £10 to £10k challenge : ok so utd at wba was evs? Look good luck but so far your bet is lost so do you keep adding £10 ? Good luck though .
    Posted by cleaverjim
    The bet i do for this is the both teams to score market which most of the odds are about 10/11, 5/6. thats where people are getting confused, i agree just doing long odds on singles would take forever, the idea was one bet a week at around them odds, whether it be football, horses, tennis or any other sport as long as you can find one bet a week which shouldnt be that hard to get up. the only thing is having the balls to put on the big money the further you go, about 2 year ago i got it upto roughly £1200 but bottled out & put on 3 x £400 trebles & on each bet one team let me down. i still hate DERBY, ABERDEEN & EBSFLEET haha. but all i actually lost was my original £10, so i keep telling myself, anyway good luck with your system.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: £10 to £10k challenge : The bet i do for this is the both teams to score market which most of the odds are about 10/11, 5/6. thats where people are getting confused, i agree just doing long odds on singles would take forever, the idea was one bet a week at around them odds, whether it be football, horses, tennis or any other sport as long as you can find one bet a week which shouldnt be that hard to get up. the only thing is having the balls to put on the big money the further you go, about 2 year ago i got it upto roughly £1200 but bottled out & put on 3 x £400 trebles & on each bet one team let me down. i still hate DERBY, ABERDEEN & EBSFLEET haha. but all i actually lost was my original £10, so i keep telling myself, anyway good luck with your system.
    Posted by lucy4

Hi Lucy, 

Great idea to start with and also good fun as well. Cardinal sin when punting is to change your mind or system. The fact you got upto £1200 playing the single market was the way forward. Soon as you changed the system, it went wrong. :( My suggestion to all using this system is to not worry about the price or returns. A winner is a winner at ANY odds. to find an even money shot every week seems simple but its quite different if you are restricting yourself to even money shots.  A man recently turned a few hundred pounds into thousands and thousands using this sytem. As his bankroll got bigger he started to bet heavier on long odds on shots like nadal or jokavic in the tennis. He became famous because of this and the firm he was punting with was posting the progress of his bets... with his consent of course! Apparently he was quoted saying that his last bet would be Jokavic and win lose or draw he was quitting a winner. That bet won too! I dont know the latest on him whether he did quit or not. lol. So... "don't worry about the price just find 1 BANKER a week.... It might make ya famous! Good luck all. 
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: £10 to £10k challenge : The bet i do for this is the both teams to score market which most of the odds are about 10/11, 5/6. thats where people are getting confused, i agree just doing long odds on singles would take forever, the idea was one bet a week at around them odds, whether it be football, horses, tennis or any other sport as long as you can find one bet a week which shouldnt be that hard to get up. the only thing is having the balls to put on the big money the further you go, about 2 year ago i got it upto roughly £1200 but bottled out & put on 3 x £400 trebles & on each bet one team let me down. i still hate DERBY, ABERDEEN & EBSFLEET haha. but all i actually lost was my original £10, so i keep telling myself, anyway good luck with your system.
    Posted by lucy4
    Very unlucky,
  • edited August 2011
    Right, going to start again with west ham to win @ 5/4.
  • edited August 2011
    sheff utd tonight 4/6 to start
  • edited August 2011
    Did southampton to win at barnsley at on sat at 5/4 so im at £22.50.

which is going on Reading to beat pompey tonight at 11/8.

Reading have started well with a good come back draw against millwall and an eyeopening win at leicester on saturday.
    we havent scored at home yet this season (including frendlies) and were lucky to get nil on saturday!
  • edited August 2011
    £10 - £10k, remember 1 bet at a time to cut down the risk of multiple bets going down. for easy calculations lets just use EVENS to work it out. £10 @ EVENS over 10 weeks. WEEK 1 = £20 WEEK 2 = £40 WEEK 3 = £80 WEEK 4 = £160 WEEK 5 = £320 WEEK 6 = £640 WEEK 7 = £1280 WEEK 8 = £2560 WEEK 9 = £5120 WEEK 10 = £10240
    Posted by lucy4
    It looks easy but it aint(as i'm sure you know)I'm sure you could pick 10
    correct "both teams to score" bets in a row,but funny as it sounds,thats not
    the hard part.The hard part is having the BA LLS to put 5k,2.5k,1.2k even £640
    on it.I know i couldn't,i would probably get to £320,take £300 out and start again.
    but good luck anyway:)
  • edited August 2011
    Gone for Burton vs Vale to both score tonight. Both of them have scored loads and let in loads already this season. Bound to be 0-0 tonight! lol
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: £10 to £10k challenge : It looks easy but it aint(as i'm sure you know)I'm sure you could pick 10 correct "both teams to score" bets in a row,but funny as it sounds,thats not the hard part.The hard part is having the BA LLS to put 5k,2.5k,1.2k even £640 on it.I know i couldn't,i would probably get to £320,take £300 out and start again. but good luck anyway:)
    Posted by igimc
    Is it not possible to put a 10 match accumulator on? or does skybet not have 10 days play in advance ?, its the same principle just not having to feel sick if you lose on the last bet and see 5k going down the drain
  • edited August 2011
    up to £22.50

going to do a double

blackpool/derby both to score 6/10
    leicester to win 8/15

returns £55.20

be lucky.
  • edited August 2011
    This should be pretty easy !!!! NOT

leicester (8/15) and Cardiff (Evns)  double returns £30.67 2/1 ...
  • edited August 2011
    Brighton 3/1 at cardiff and draw 9/4
  • edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
    Hopefully I can get this thing up & running with a winning pick for tomorrow :)

£10 on Sunderland & Newcastle both to score @ 5/6
  • edited August 2011
    sheff utd tonight 4/6 to start
    Posted by mkgunner
    2nd bet derby to beat doncaster.16.67@5/6
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: £10 to £10k challenge : 2nd bet derby to beat doncaster.16.67@5/6
    Posted by mkgunner
    up to £30.56
  • edited August 2011
    Up to £26.10 and got it on Charlton and Reading to both score.
  • edited August 2011
    Up to £43.67.

Only 1 game sticks out for me tonight and thats probably why its 2/5 for them both to score.

Peterborough vs Middlesbrough @ 2/5. 43.67 for a £61 return (Hopefully)
  • edited August 2011
    gonna start again with colchester at 4/5 on saturday
  • edited August 2011
    £10 on derby@evs and man city@6/4
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: £10 to £10k challenge : up to £30.56
    Posted by mkgunner
    £30.56 on bournemouth today @10/11
  • edited August 2011
    gonna start again with colchester at 4/5 on saturday
    Posted by BADBOY985
    £18 ON HEARTS TO BEAT HIBS AT 4/5
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: £10 to £10k challenge : £18 ON HEARTS TO BEAT HIBS AT 4/5
    Posted by BADBOY985
    up to £32.40
  • edited September 2011

£32.40 ON COLCHESTER AT 4/5 TO BEAT ORIENT

• edited September 2011
    £32.40 ON COLCHESTER AT 4/5 TO BEAT ORIENT
    Posted by BADBOY985
    UP TO  £58.32