You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Was I wrong?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Live tourney this weekend. Not huge buy-in but £50's as big as it gets in my neck of the woods.

25K starting stack and very decent structure. I'd minced 4k playing some lovely playeble hands that whiffed and had to fold to bams raising and re-raising with 2nd pair or top. Think nlh4 here with the odd decent player that I sussed out quickly.

As ever when playing bams I chased a flush draw that missed but hit then 2nd pair. Hero-called for half stack against loosest player on table who'd, obviously, hit trips on river whilst calling it down with bottom pair.

Went aggro then. Played out my skin. Doubled up without a showdown. Whcih tells you the standard, And then this hand.

UTG, I raised with 67s just because I was somewhat ruling the table. A hand I could have folded would have made more sense. My 93o, and 84o had gotten through last UTGs. No, 93 got called and I shoved on the flop and showed, very bad move. Button called and BB shoved about 3x my initial rise. I knew I wasn't ahead. But thought shoving would fold out BB and make it +EV due to ICM. SB called AK!!!! BB called AQ!!!! Wasn't happy but could have been worse. Whiffed.

This makes no sense because I drank my sorrows away before I got home. I'm going to post it properly tomorrow. it's bugging me.