You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A LITTLE HELP PLEASE

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic

what's the best way to play AQ unsuited when the blinds are 10/20 to try and stop hands like Q6 calling your raise. have tried 4times big blind but got called. any help would be appreciated. thank you.

Comments

• edited August 2011

I want players with q6 to call my raise

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: A LITTLE HELP PLEASE:
    I want players with q6 to call my raise
    Posted by jimb0d1
    sadly on this occasion flop came A66,
  • edited August 2011
    Well thats just unlucky , i mean for the oppo , flop should come 666 ;))
  • edited August 2011
    raise around 3X pre, if you get one caller and you are readless, fire out a C-bet on a lot of rainbow and non-connecting flops, give up most of the time on the turn if called ... obv if you hit things are much easier, if you get more than one caller i'd just c/f unless you hit .. no need to get frrriissskyyyy this early with blinds so low! 
    you want hands like Q6 to call you because in the long run you're winning money, as long as you make the correct & most profitable decision a high % of the time you'll do fine ...
    but obv this is quite a strange question because it depends on the flop, and your opponent, and the structure of tournament etc.. but yeah generally what i said above
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to A LITTLE HELP PLEASE:
    what's the best way to play AQ unsuited when the blinds are 10/20 to try and stop hands like Q6 calling your raise. have tried 4times big blind but got called. any help would be appreciated. thank you.
    Posted by bcool2
    To be honest, if someone is a big enough idiot to call any raise with Q6 at the first stage of a tourney then you won't get rid of them with a min raise, or 3X or 4X or 5X.

But as said above, you want people with Q6 to call when you have AQ because you're going to win about 80% of the time (my odds knowledge isn't great so that's an estimate but it's in that region)

Very unlucky with that flop, but that's gonna happen  very very few times, don't worry about it. And just make a note of the fact that person flat calls 4X raises with junk
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: A LITTLE HELP PLEASE:
    In Response to Re: A LITTLE HELP PLEASE : sadly on this occasion flop came A66,
    Posted by bcool2
    Thankfully, 70% of the time you win the hand, so let the fish come in with Q6 if he so wants too :)