You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

KQo OOP on LAGGY table

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok looking at this hand from the SPT sat tonight im not sure i played it 100% optimal. The reason being because of the table dynamics.

The table is playing very loose poker. Infact i problably have the best seat in the house. the two players acting before me are extremely LAGGY.

When the raise comes from the button going by previous hands im 99% sure hes not folding to a 3-bet and thats the main reason i post this. Is it fine to go for value here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind  15.00 15.00 1925.00
stebar56 Big blind  30.00 45.00 3465.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

KLM Fold     
aFold     
xRaise  90.00 135.00 2780.00
The_Don90 Raise  180.00 315.00 1745.00
stebar56 Fold     
xCall  105.00 420.00 2675.00
Flop

• Q

The_Don90 Bet  315.00 735.00 1430.00
xFold     
The_Don90 Muck     
The_Don90 Win  420.00  1850.00
The_Don90 Return  315.00 0.00 2165.00

Comments

• edited August 2011
    3 bet is fine mate against a known laggy opponent, on the flop though i probably bet to look weak maybe 180-200 hoping for the guy to play back then make your move, although the 315 is understandable as he has been playing a lot of hands and calling a lot of bets on flop that are close to pot, i think you played it fine mate was unlucky to not get a call seeing how they have played
  • edited August 2011
    flatting or 3-betting is ok, you want to mix it up though .... it's likely you have the best hand pre but that doesn't mean you have to raise! i think you played it fine though, fwiw 3-bet bigger
  • edited August 2011
    I would mainly just flat pre, but if 3bet it needs to much bigger, 300 minimum.
  • edited August 2011
    I think 3betting pre is fine, calling an option to. If you 3bet though make it bigger and also have a plan for what you are doing when you miss, as he sounds like a guy might call cbets a lot

Flop there is no need to bet this big, bet 250 and obv get it in if raised 

Also someone who will flat a 3bet 99% of time at this stack depth doesnt sound like a lag (at least not a good one)
  • edited August 2011
    I 3bet slightly larger as he's snapping with any two for the sizing, but you retain the betting lead cheap regardless.  Like the lead, he easily gets creative, but equally plays and pays a worse Q a 7's/9's for 1 maybe 2 bullets.
  • edited August 2011
    the 3-bet needs to be larger, NO Dealer holding folds to the small 3 bet in position.
  • edited August 2011
    whats a laggy opponant i presume your not just talking about internet connection?
  • edited August 2011
    loose - aggressive
  • edited August 2011

Don, I'm far from a poker genius but will give my take if you don't mind.

If you're 3-betting with a horrendous hand like KQo (I'd rather do it with 83o) then bet BIGGGGG. Min raise is horrible in my eyes.

Post : You bet out and took it down? Result, no? There's not much you're beating that calls, even if turn comes K?

Find better spots, you know you're good enough to.

As played, check-raise. Let them bluff. They haven't AQ and a set's just unlucky.

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: KQo OOP on LAGGY table:
    Don, I'm far from a poker genius but will give my take if you don't mind. If you're 3-betting with a horrendous hand like KQo (I'd rather do it with 83o) then bet BIGGGGG. Min raise is horrible in my eyes. Post : You bet out and took it down? Result, no? There's not much you're beating that calls, even if turn comes K? Find better spots, you know you're good enough to. As played, check-raise. Let them bluff. They haven't AQ and a set's just unlucky.
    Posted by bandini
    ty mate. some pretty good constructive feedback here. I actually agree that the 3 bet should be bigger if its getting made. It was the first thing that i thought looking back at the hand.

The 83o situation is a kind of comical example tbh. Last 3 bet i made light happened to be 83o v Dave Bland at SPT Cardiff lol. :D

Anyways. Few good points here mate, ty/
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: KQo OOP on LAGGY table:
    Don, I'm far from a poker genius but will give my take if you don't mind. If you're 3-betting with a horrendous hand like KQo (I'd rather do it with 83o) then bet BIGGGGG. Min raise is horrible in my eyes. Post : You bet out and took it down? Result, no? There's not much you're beating that calls, even if turn comes K? Find better spots, you know you're good enough to. As played, check-raise. Let them bluff. They haven't AQ and a set's just unlucky.
    Posted by bandini
    if he's loose and calls with 99% of his opening range why is 3betting KQo horrible?

Similarly on flop there should be a few worse Qx, pocket pairs and flush draws that can call/raise. Why should he c/r flop if you think villain is going to bluff?