You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What to do?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
blwcdenn Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £4.57
banjocat Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £24.32
 Your hole cards

Dunplannin Fold     
GREGSTER Fold     
salazar Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £14.93
EmmaP19 Call  £0.60 £1.50 £24.68
blwcdenn Call  £0.50 £2.00 £4.07
banjocat Fold     
Flop

blwcdenn Check     
salazar Bet  £1.50 £3.50 £13.43
EmmaP19 Raise  £3.00 £6.50 £21.68
blwcdenn Fold     

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I'm shoving there. You're going to be beating ALOT of the hands he could have. It's most likely he's drawing to either the straight or the flush or both and you don't want him to do that cheaply.
  • edited August 2011
    raise and get it in.
  • edited August 2011
    He's not minning you weak.  I really hate this spot.  He is made or has a huge draw that your 2pr is at best flipping.  I call, hope to improve at turn or he slows down at turn.  I dont think your called when 3 betting allin by a hand your going to like racing.

As said, i really dislike this spot.  Obv player dependant tho.
  • edited August 2011
    Thanks guys. 

I actually shoved on him/her. They called and turned over J-10 for the nut straight. I didn't improve and that was all she wrote.
  • edited August 2011
    ugh it's probz marginal, (i'll try pretend i don't know the end result lol) .. what hands are you really going to be called by that you're in good shape against? Bottom 2pair is often vulnerable against a whole range of hands, obv any other 2P hands have you crushed, you're behind against straight/flush draw combination hands for example which are all hands he'd probz play this way .. to make it worse the min raise is v.scary ! it is hard to get away from and i do probz get my money in here, but looking at the way it's played you're not really beating much! 
    if you had T2P i wouldn't hesitate to get it in, but here i think more often than not you are behind
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: What to do?:
    ugh it's probz marginal, (i'll try pretend i don't know the end result lol) .. what hands are you really going to be called by that you're in good shape against? Bottom 2pair is often vulnerable against a whole range of hands, obv any other 2P hands have you crushed, you're behind against straight/flush draw combination hands for example which are all hands he'd probz play this way .. to make it worse the min raise is v.scary ! it is hard to get away from and i do probz get my money in here, but looking at the way it's played you're not really beating much!  if you had T2P i wouldn't hesitate to get it in, but here i think more often than not you are behind
    Posted by percival09

To be honest, i didn't like the min-raise one bit. I didn't want to just call though and see a card which I didn't like and folding 2 pair when i'd raised up with 7-8 just seemed way too nitty, especially as i didn't have the full buy in at the time.
    The shove seemed like the only option even though i didn't like it