You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Goals Goals Goals, Week 8 Winner(s)

edited October 2009 in The Shed
Just the one winner of the week 8 Goals, Goals, Goals competition.......

Blade666correctly guessed the 29th minute which was when Serhiy Nazarenko fired in the winner against England - we'll be in touch about your prize.

Unfortunately we saw a few competition entries changed after the result was known this week. It's a real shame to see this sort of behaviour and it goes against the spirit of the forum. I'm not going to name and shame in this post but you know who you are!

Thanks to everyone else who continues to play the game fairly - after all, it's a free game so what have you got to lose by being honest :-)

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Thanks for that Steve. such a shame.

just a quick note - unfortunately if this happens again we will have to stop the competition
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Goals Goals Goals, Week 8 Winner(s):
    Just the one winner of the week 8 Goals, Goals, Goals competition....... Blade666 correctly guessed the 29th minute which was when Serhiy Nazarenko fired in the winner against England - we'll be in touch about your prize. Unfortunately we saw a few competition entries changed after the result was known this week. It's a real shame to see this sort of behaviour and it goes against the spirit of the forum. I'm not going to name and shame in this post but you know who you are! Thanks to everyone else who continues to play the game fairly - after all, it's a free game so what have you got to lose by being honest :-)
    Posted by Sky_SteveM
    Hi Steve,
    I don't normally lose my temper, but i can't believe some people can be this low. In my opinion, we don't want these people on here, so i would like to see ALL the offenders banned from entering any more competitions on this forum.
    I don't care who they are i am totally disgusted by their actions. A SAD DAY ON HERE.
    COL
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Col,

No banning will take place on this occasion. this is a kind word and a warning. however, if we suspect that any such behaviour is continuing, we will take the appropriate action.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Goals Goals Goals, Week 8 Winner(s):
    In Response to Goals Goals Goals, Week 8 Winner(s) : Hi Steve, I don't normally lose my temper, but i can't believe some people can be this low. In my opinion, we don't want these people on here, so i would like to see ALL the offenders banned from entering any more competitions on this forum. I don't care who they are i am totally disgusted by their actions. A SAD DAY ON HERE. COL
    Posted by mr_mbro
    +1.

Did they not think you would have a record of what people predicted?

Is it worth it for one tourney entry?

Nice to see you have left the changed scores on the other thread.

Now we can all see who has no integrity or morals.

Personally, this is not the type of player that Sky needs. I for one, would not wish to meet them at a table. Surely, a forum ban/chat ban at the very least?
  • edited October 2009
    How pathetic to do this, and i notice one of them 'won' a free entry into a tourny the other week and sky put the wrong players name down. He got loads of sympathy from players and sky sorted it out for him to play in another one. Now i wonder if it was above board the last time the player won. For more info read thread on 16/09/2009 @ 7:28pm, and thread 16/09/2009 @ 10:30pm both posted 25 days ago in 'general poker chat' headlined , 'tourament entry mix up, help me', and 'am i being unresonable' respectively.
  • edited October 2009
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Col, No banning will take place on this occasion. this is a kind word and a warning. however, if we suspect that any such behaviour is continuing, we will take the appropriate action.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich
    I understandwhere you are coming from, but i have VERY strong views on this subject.
    These players, in my opininon, have CHEATED and FULLY DESERVE to be banned.
    I know you like the quiet approach but the olny way to deter this in the future is to nip it in the bud straight away.
    Any form of cheating must not be tolerated on any level and these players will get short shrift in the future.
    If you had banned them, they could not have come back at you for being unfair.
    Sorry to go on about it but i have a feeling this might run on a while yet.

col
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Goals Goals Goals, Week 8 Winner(s) : Hi Rich I understandwhere you are coming from, but i have VERY strong views on this subject. These players, in my opininon, have CHEATED and FULLY DESERVE to be banned. I know you like the quiet approach but the olny way to deter this in the future is to nip it in the bud straight away. Any form of cheating must not be tolerated on any level and these players will get short shrift in the future. If you had banned them, they could not have come back at you for being unfair. Sorry to go on about it but i have a feeling this might run on a while yet. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    +1

well said sir
  • edited October 2009
    +2 should not be able to guess anymore or a little ban...
  • edited October 2009
    Cheating on the tables - Site ban.

Cheating on the forum - Slap on the wrists.

Cheating is cheating, regardless of how it's done.

They have tried to financially defraud Sky, and it's members. At the end of the day, it is the rake we pay which pays for these prizes.

More than this, it is actually attempted theft and as such, illegal. Had this sort of thing been done at your place of work, then doubtless, the police would have been called and you'd be looking for another job. Just because it's a free to enter competition, some stern words seem to suffice.

Yes, I am grateful Sky put on these little competitions and no doubt, if we continue to moan, they will be withdrawn but none the less, cheating is cheating, regardless of circumstances.
  • edited October 2009
    That is pathetic to say the least! glad it ain't effected the rest of us but I think it would be right that if anyone changes results again you should impose a ban of some kind on them
  • edited October 2009
    lol naughty boys fancy trying to cheat!

was it "porkerman" and "imacert" by any chance??

god i'll give u a fiver each if ur that short....

lol x