You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Only in England. Where, & what?

edited October 2009 in The Shed

Anyone know what this is supposed to represent, or it's significance?

It's in the yard of a Plant Hire Company.

2 points if you know where.

If you know "what" or "why", 10 House Points, because I ain't got a clue.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    yep got it

its at plant hire in macdonalds farm essex, and it is a giant fly catcher tk
  • edited October 2009
    Steady TK....I told you not to talk about my car like that .....that looks  like my 'chitty bang bang"  
  • edited October 2009
    I have no idea where it is but my guess would be that someone got the wrong kind of Bull for their Bull Dozer

Steve
  • edited October 2009
    I think that it's a model of that WWII classic, the Moosquito.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Only in England. Where, & what?:
    Posted by MereNovice
    Very clever!
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by MereNovice
    Are you sure? Looks more like a Moosserschmitt to me (?)

• edited October 2009

Great replies, keep them coming!

We need less moaning, & more humour.

Well done guys, let's bring a few smiles to this place. It's like Moan City some days.
  • edited October 2009
    It was in the yard of the Flying Cow Plant Hire Company. Obvious.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi tikay

It has to be a competition between two local farmers to see how fast each one of em can deliver milk the quickest :)
  • edited October 2009
    I just realised, its a mad cow with bird flu
  • edited October 2009
    "Pigs might fly, but cow's definitely do!"
  • edited October 2009
    Hi tkay

I think the flying cow is in folklore around the world ptolomy saw 1, and possibly, being a worldwide company use the cow as a talking point?
  • edited October 2009
    That is attached to the MASSIVE gateway leading up to Rich Orfords mansion... I believe its supposed to represent a load of bull inside
  • edited October 2009
    you found my coat stand !!!
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Tikay, I'm surprised you didn't know this one.I saw this on the Dragons Den last year and it was an instant success with the panel.It's called very simply "a flying cow".It works on a radio remote control system, which can be tuned to any frequency when in use near an airport or low flying aircraft.What does it do you ask? Well it's a automated self propelled bull fertility collecter.It has a flying range of 250 miles with a top speed of 120mph at a max altitude of 1000feet.Why would anyone want this you ask?As you know Angus cows are wanted all over the world for their very tender meat and extra creamy milk. Well this "flying cow" can be on route to any farm in the UK within minutes to collect from any "in heat" Angus bull for fertilising cows in an Angus cow farm in Dorset.What happens is,when the farm location is fed into the cows onboard global position system "GPS" It can take off from the plant hire yard with its vertical takeoff thrusters,(which can be seen on your photo just above the tail of the machine) so no runway needed, which means it can land right next to the bull and can have the collection done and stored onboard in a matter or minutes.The beauty about this machine is that it can be operated by one person at the base HQ in Devon.With two infrared cameras it can be used day or night.As you can understand the most important part of the collection and delivery process is temperature control.The onboard computer monitors this exactly to 38.29 degrees C,which is critical for the safe transportation of infact any fertilising material for bull or human.So you can see why the Dragons Den jumped at this opportunity to invest their money in this remarkable machine.Hope this answers your question Tikay.   
  • edited October 2009
    Looks like the Pi mp My Ride team got sent to Milton Keynes....
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Tikay, I'm surprised you didn't know this one.I saw this on the Dragons Den last year and it was an instant success with the panel.It's called very simply "a flying cow".It works on a radio remote control system, which can be tuned to any frequency when in use near an airport or low flying aircraft.What does it do you ask? Well it's a automated self propelled bull fertility collecter.It has a flying range of 250 miles with a top speed of 120mph at a max altitude of 1000feet.Why would anyone want this you ask?As you know Angus cows are wanted all over the world for their very tender meat and extra creamy milk. Well this "flying cow" can be on route to any farm in the UK within minutes to collect from any "in heat" Angus bull for fertilising cows in an Angus cow farm in Dorset.What happens is,when the farm location is fed into the cows onboard global position system "GPS" It can take off from the plant hire yard with its vertical takeoff thrusters,(which can be seen on your photo just above the tail of the machine) so no runway needed, which means it can land right next to the bull and can have the collection done and stored onboard in a matter or minutes.The beauty about this machine is that it can be operated by one person at the base HQ in Devon.With two infrared cameras it can be used day or night.As you can understand the most important part of the collection and delivery process is temperature control.The onboard computer monitors this exactly to 38.29 degrees C,which is critical for the safe transportation of infact any fertilising material for bull or human.So you can see why the Dragons Den jumped at this opportunity to invest their money in this remarkable machine.Hope this answers your question Tikay.   
    Posted by Cormach
    Sounds a load of old bull to me :)
  • edited October 2009
       its quite obviously an advert for redbull ( give you wings) lol
  • edited October 2009
    Great replies, keep them coming! We need less moaning, & more humour. Well done guys, let's bring a few smiles to this place. It's like Moan City some days.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I second that!
  • edited October 2009
    its plane h o r n y
    its a company that hires udder carriage
    is it in jersey? or cowes?
    is it advertising the new easyjet economy methane fuelled flights?
  • edited October 2009
    Whatever it is, it should be in a mooseum.
  • edited October 2009
    it has just returned from having jumped over the moon--elsadog is behind the hedge laughing and if you look closely you can just make out a satelite dish with a spoon----is it on the way to brighton?
  • edited October 2009

they say its lucky if a pidgeon craps on you,  god help us all if that thing gets off the ground
  • edited October 2009
    Have you heifer seen anything like it?
  • edited October 2009
    Although this has all been very amooosing, i would like to know the answer tikay please.