You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT up and down on flop.

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
NColley Small blind  30.00 30.00 2495.00
soulie Big blind  60.00 90.00 2285.00
  Your hole cards

elgeeko Fold     
louise1966 Fold     
dojydav1 Fold     
xxxxx Raise  120.00 210.00 2877.50
NColley Call  90.00 300.00 2405.00
soulie Fold     
Flop

• J

NColley Check     
xxxxxxxxBet  150.00 450.00 2727.50
NColley Call  150.00 600.00 2255.00
Turn

• Q

NColley Check     
xxxx Bet  300.00 900.00 2427.50
NColley Call  300.00 1200.00 1955.00
River

NColley Check     
xxxxxxCheck     
NColley Show

xxxxxxxMuck

NColley Win Queen high 1200.00  3155.00
Can't believe result but do people usually favour raising flop in these situations? History notes on villian - stacks off light with holdings as poor as 3rd pair, raises alot pre and usually c bets.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I dont think 68s is the hand to be playing against this guy pre if he has a wide opening range and stacks off light, esp oop
  • edited August 2011
    I'd just fold pre.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: MTT up and down on flop.:
    I dont think 68s is the hand to be playing against this guy pre if he has a wide opening range and stacks off light, esp oop
    Posted by grantorino
    ^^^Same as Above.

If he stacks off light with things like 3rd pair, then you don't need/want to be playing these drawing hands against him. Against him you wanna be playing your AK/AQ/AJ/KQ/KJ/QJ etc and getting his stack when you hit top pair and he hits 2nd/3rd pair
  • edited August 2011
    I got to admit I do the opposite here.  Having a sound feel for opponents post flop tendancies I am extremely happy getting involved with him (even OOP) for an extra blind and half sat with 40+ bigs behind early.

Armed with the info am happy c/f majority of flops, next hand please.  But if he stacks off light the suited gapper is a interesting spot to quietly quietly catchy monkey. 

But as this hand plays I def call pre and flop, perhaps raising flop, as it misses alot that a c-bet fires at.  Cant fold turn to bet size.  I'd be very tempted to fire river.  But it would be bad mostly.

How much does he tilt following hand? :p
  • edited August 2011
    i always fold pre here - don't think calling is too bad though
    as played calling flop is ok, raising would be my preferred approach though ... that's the problem with playing oop, if you take the passive approach you'll often just be c/c, missing and losing too often
    you're not getting the odds on the turn, don't really like raising either because you wouldn't be repping anything and your stack sizes is quite awkward so that would mostly be bad, so i'd fold there
    i'd expect a steal bet on the river to be called by such a wide range that you basically have to check

• edited August 2011
    I dont mind any play here but I think raise>fold>call. 

Raise is being aggressive and playing back against a potentially loose raising Dealer. I also like showing the hand if the Dealer folds to your 3bet.

No problem with folding, whatsoever, its been said, its a trash hand, but will connect a lot against Dealer's range, so a call is fine too IMO. 

As played, raise/donk bet the flop and fold the turn.
  • edited August 2011
    Cheers for opinions guys, I was tempted to bet river but felt I'd just be gifting more chips.
    Seems to be a range of opinions vs loose cannons like these, if he had made it more then a min raise pre I'd of probably folded, probably would fold turn in most situations too but just felt if I hit vs him I get doubled up.

amybr - he shoved next hand with KQ and got called by A10 for half his stack, after that he got moved tables then last maybe another 2 mins lol.