You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SImple spot, not sure what to do though

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Villain loose, doesnt seem really bad, has won a few pots against me. My image will be spewy I have played hands badly and showndown weak holdings. I have also c/c 3streets with 92o on 9 hi board against villain in limped pot, he has seen me shove 35s over a btn raise and bink v AK so he prob view me as really bad (I was playing bad anyway)

SB Small blind  25.00 25.00 1612.50
BB Big blind  50.00 75.00 5045.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

grantorino Raise  150.00 225.00 995.00
Villain Call  150.00 375.00 4967.50
CO Fold     
BTN Fold     
SB Fold     
BB Fold     
Flop

• K
  • A

grantorino ???????? 

Comments

• edited August 2011

check call hoping to see a spade

• edited August 2011
    dont play donkaments but seems like bet/call 250 or something?
  • ybyb
    edited August 2011
    i'd c/shove to give him a chance to bluff
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: SImple spot, not sure what to do though:
    Posted by yb
    +1 - not gonna get called by worse betting/shoving but c/r could make him fold a K he might bet with and obv you'll catch all bluffs
  • edited August 2011
    Posted by yb & Percival

Could I ask guys (to learn)..would a check not look suspicious? Is it worth taking the risk it going c/c?  Altho not sure what you would be frightened off on the turn mind? A/K?

With stack sizes and reads I'd prob just shove!

pad
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: SImple spot, not sure what to do though : +1 - not gonna get called by worse betting/shoving but c/r could make him fold a K he might bet with and obv you'll catch all bluffs
    Posted by percival09
    not gonna get called by worse c/r either are you, we arent c/r as a bluff to get him off a K just a way to get a bit more if he has total air, we're 40% if we happen to be behind but either way we're happy to get it in

c/r just looks super strong, so i'd rather lead 1/2 and hope he spazzes out with worse pp with a spade or w/e
  • edited August 2011
    i'd be leading 225 looking to get in on flop given your stack size.  No point making the nuts at the turn for him to shutdown bud. Your not folding if he puts you in I assume?

But with a lead from you, given image at time, he doesnt really have to have a preemy here.  Think I'm content to get it in on flop.  Potentially may even just jam, hoping to be called by an A or weaker draw.  Seems like a reasonable spot to get 20 bigs in with good equity.  Catching up or getting a fold.  But ultimately I'm not happy giving up the betting lead.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: SImple spot, not sure what to do though : not gonna get called by worse c/r either are you, we arent c/r as a bluff to get him off a K just a way to get a bit more if he has total air, we're 40% if we happen to be behind but either way we're happy to get it in c/r just looks super strong, so i'd rather lead 1/2 and hope he spazzes out with worse pp with a spade or w/e
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    i don't think there's anything wrong with b/c, but c/r allows total air to bluff like you said, which ever method you take with hero's image i don't think he's folding a K, i admit you're not gonna get called by worse c/r but if villain has a hand it'll ultimately have the same ending whatever line hero takes
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: SImple spot, not sure what to do though : Could I ask guys (to learn)..would a check not look suspicious? Is it worth taking the risk it going c/c?  Altho not sure what you would be frightened off on the turn mind? A/K? With stack sizes and reads I'd prob just shove! pad
    Posted by Glenelg
    Check may look a bit suspicious, but theres no bad cards for me on turn if it checks thru. Check will prob be interpreted as weakness though

I think c/c is out of question, its too hard get paid off if flush comes in. If I get it in Im nearly always behind whether I do it by b/c of c/r. C/f, b/f kinda suck too. I'm leaning towards the c/r, hoping he bluffs, if I bet Im not sure he bluffs enough on that board, I doubt he expects me to fold Kx or better
  • edited August 2011

I'd prob just overbet shove it. He might fold a king.
  • edited August 2011
    really depends if i think villain will bluff when checked to

i dont mind shoving or c/r, problem with normal sized lead is no hand that beats us is folding and likely no hand we beat is calling except maybe a J or T spades

problem with check is a lot of people slow down on mono board and if we hit flush on turn could be hard to get paid so better to just shove now