You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My weekly football bet =D

edited August 2011 in Betting Chat
This year i have decided to bet a total of £11 per week on football. Each week i want to try and make a bit of money, ideally in and around a grand by making 2 bets;

£10 to win £1000ish 
1 to win £11 and break even

Never really got involved with the forum so i thought i would start now =D heres this weeks bet xD

£10 bet

Stoke v Chelsea 4/6
West Brom v Man Utd 8/15
Bury v Coventry 6/4
West Ham v Aldershot 4/11
Walsall v Middlesbrough 23/20
Oxford Utd v Cardiff Evens
Rotherham v Leicester 4/7
Stvenage v Peterbourgh 13/10

Total 8 fold Accumulator   =   134/1 - £10 wins £1,353.99

£1 Bet

Stoke v Chelsea 4/6
Bury v Coventry 6/4
West Ham v Aldershot 4/11
Oxford Utd v Cardiff Evens

Total 4 fold Accumulator   =    10/1 - £1 wins £11.36

So what do we all think? 

Comments

• edited August 2011

Good luck but i must admit  i would not get to involved in the carling cup and coventry is a brave bet at bury imo.Good luck hope it comes in

• edited August 2011
    Thanks @cleverjim and agreed Coventry are a risk, i will swap them for Leicester in the £1 break even bet. Normally i do it covering all english leagues and Scotish leagues but must take adventage of the Carling cup =) although i have a rule, being a Sheffield Wednesday fan i never bet on them =/ especially last season lol
  • edited August 2011
    Welcome to punters corner Ash, good luck.
  • edited August 2011
    I personally try to avoid away bets as much as possible. I'd rather win less but actually win, rather than always rely on away teams and maybe only get 1 or 2 wins a season. Nice bet if it comes in though
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: My weekly football bet =D:
    I personally try to avoid away bets as much as possible. I'd rather win less but actually win, rather than always rely on away teams and maybe only get 1 or 2 wins a season. Nice bet if it comes in though
    Posted by FlashFlush
    +1

so many times ive been let down by teams that should of been clear favourites, just something about playing away from home that changes teams.
  • edited August 2011
    Also think its a brave man who bets against Stoke at home, although chelsea will more than likely steal it.
  • edited August 2011
    there are a few risks but there is with any bet lol I think if I do it every week one of them will come in and if only 1 a season comes in then I have profited xD if not I have a cheap back up to break even. looks a good bet for the value though =\ will have to see what happens =) should do this every week and share it, let's see if I can make a 5 digit profit by the end of the season