You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Oops! I did it again! oh & a BIG thank you!

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I knew immediately when I did it!  NO reads on the other players! lol!

Was in £1:10 DS tonite and when the table was revealed I thought "please can I shuffle?"  lol
Pomfrittes even made a joke at the beginning "this looks like a right fish tank"!  (He'd obvs clocked me! lol)
Anyway, settled down and, I think, held my own.  REALLY studied the play/players/betting etc. as I realised this could be a final table one day!!??
A HUGE thanks to the table BTW as I learnt more in 45mins playing tonight than I have done in 4 months playing MTTs!
Anyway, heres the hand...flame me!!! 

I was obvs betting on the flush! What can I say?  BUT ALL-IN??? Jeez Pad! FFS!
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ROBBIEROTT Small blind  30.00 30.00 5015.00
pomfrittes Big blind  60.00 90.00 4885.00
  Your hole cards
  • K

scotty77 Fold     
SUPERSNEDD Fold     
Glenelg Raise  120.00 210.00 4415.00
ROBBIEROTT Fold     
pomfrittes Raise  300.00 510.00 4585.00
Glenelg Call  240.00 750.00 4175.00
Flop

• J
  • A

pomfrittes Bet  750.00 1500.00 3835.00
Glenelg All-in  4175.00 5675.00 0.00
pomfrittes Call  3425.00 9100.00 410.00
pomfrittes Show
  • A
  • Q

Glenelg Show
  • K

Turn

• J

River

pomfrittes Win Two Pairs, Aces and Jacks 9100.00  9510.00

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I generally wouldnt flat a 3bet pre with K9s. Why did you flat and what was your plan for postflop?
  • edited August 2011

In Response to x:

I generally wouldnt flat a 3bet pre with K9s. Why did you flat and what was your plan for postflop?
    Posted by grantorino
    Hi GT, Was hoping you wouldn't see this! lol!
    What can I say? ALL your efforts have been in vain! I KNEW i should have folded pre!! I learnt a LOT tonite! And I mean A LOTTTTT!
    As usual the hard way tho!

pad
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to x:
    Posted by grantorino
    this^^
  • edited August 2011
    I guess minraise on button is ok but I would prefer 3X.

Obvz snap fold to 3bet.

After pot bet I canny see the guy folding much.
  • edited August 2011
    Calling might not be bad if you have a good reason for doing it, and you have a plan for postflop. Thats why I asked the question. Its difficult to say whats good bad without reads and reasons for your actions. Give your reasons dont just assume Im right, Im often not

Generally Im folding, I would also prefer 4betting to flatting usually
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Oops! I did it again! oh & a BIG thank you!:
    dont really like the call on the flop either. Generally Im only making that call if I have the Ace high flush draw, as the Ace is usually an overcard adding 3 more outs, OR if Ive paired one of my cards + have the flush draw.  -I would add, I might be being slightly nitty here though...
    Posted by LLCooLD
    I went all-in LL. Pomfrittes CALLED!
  • edited August 2011
    fold to 3-bet readless
    pot size bet looks so strong, he's probz rarely bluffing, so not sure raising is good because i doubt he's folding 
    not sure i really like calling either, tbh i think you should limit your losses and fold, as weak as it is calling with K9s, flopping a flush draw and folding, i think it's the best approach as it's a large % of your stack, you're likely to miss the turn and then be forced to fold anyway
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Oops! I did it again! oh & a BIG thank you! : I went all-in LL. Pomfrittes CALLED!
    Posted by Glenelg
    f*ck so you did, my bad. (I really hate the Sky hand history portal, very ugly). 

Fair do's in that case. 
  • edited August 2011
    fold to 3-bet readless pot size bet looks so strong, he's probz rarely bluffing, so not sure raising is good because i doubt he's folding  not sure i really like calling either, tbh i think you should limit your losses and fold, as weak as it is calling with K9s, flopping a flush draw and folding, i think it's the best approach as it's a large % of your stack, you're likely to miss the turn and then be forced to fold anyway
    Posted by percival09
    I don't usually play K9 at this stage!
     The table dynamics were kinda unusual for me tonite. As a fairly new player and up against this table the bit in BOLD is what I learnt!!!! Gutted at going out as I coulda learnt SOO much more!!

The REAL annoying thing is, I had realised the bold bit fairly on in the game! I had stuck to it up until this hand!

Pad
    Still learning = Will I ever learn!  lol
  • edited August 2011

One of them horrible hands once you press call you know you shouldn't then you see that flop you know he has an ace but can't help not calling!! Then the turn comes "OH NO" and then the river :(
    One lack of concentration and your out ul

Fold pre or call and hope for 99 2 on the flop ;)

• edited August 2011
    raise more pre this early

fold to the 3bet

on flop, what are you representing with the shove

you can probably take the pot bet as having something but weak - if you consider, AQ is not awesome in this spot - AK and AJ now beat him and plenty of straight draws plus the flush draw, so he bets strong probably hoping you fold and making calling with drawing hands expensive

now consider, what hands are you likely to shove with - highly unlikely AK, AJ, AA or JJ so that leaves draws - which means he should call as you definately aren't getting the odds to hit when he calls

only reason to shove here is if you have a read he will bet the pot on the flop then fold to a shove

still, at least you didn't limp :)
  • edited August 2011

Raising the button with K9s is 100% fine..... raising it to 2BB's is fine, as long as you are raising all of your hands OTB the same size (i.e. as long as you aren't 2x ing weaker hands and raising bigger with stronger).

Fold to the 3 bet. Think of your image ... if you arre a tight player, putting money into the pot, and someone who knows what they are doing wants  to raise you, K9s isn't going to be in very good shape.

Not a huge mistake to get it in on the flop.
    You need > c.45% equity to make it a profitable shove, and you have c37%.
    If you have a bit to go with a  flush draw... e.g. gutshot, overcard etc.... then makes it ok to get it in most of the time.

You do need him to fold some of the time (about a third of the time in this instance).
    If you think a PSB =  strength then it's pretty unlikely he's folding, and fold is better than shove.

Think you would get some folds though.... guessing he may play KK, QQ, TT  like this.
  • edited August 2011

Thanks for the analysis folks! Genuinely appreciated!  

I know I will have lapses & relapses but I'm determined!

pad